ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Game Thread

Playing with better energy. Game far from over. Got to play a much better second half though.

samuel has been pretty good on d tonight. just forced a good stop on transition d.

psu is bad i thibk theyll let us back in

We are a consistent team right now. We’re consistently awful on both ends of the floor.

Reactions: JGCPA
Molson gets so unlucky with fouls. refs gainst him. guy out of control amd dint even have the ball

At least we got into 11. The press worked. Go back to Ike in the opening min of 2nd half to get some easy buckets

Reactions: Jerry1992
The arc is the difference here plus some...24-3. A regression to the mean both ways and everything else staying the same gives us a shot.

I dont understand the lack of energy. Myles Cale's face right before the tip off seemed like he didn't want to be there. Every team they've played had a bench that was active and vocal. Ours just sits there quietly.

You could tell that from looking at Myles's face.... on television?

Am I missing something or but why are all the opponent 3s uncontested? Why all the switches? I just don’t want understand the poor defense. All 5 games so far. It’s not what we do.

Agree that we look like the cupcake, but we can't play more poorly and Penn State can't shoot this well in second half.
When was the last time we had freshman [at this stage] who were contributing as little as these highly touted [by this board] two?

Reactions: ShuBall
Lots of blame to go around. Good news is they didn’t fold and cut it to 11 at the half. 45-34. A Punchers chance in second half. Penn. St 8 three pointers. 9/10 from the line.

We shall see. I just feel in my heart that either Cale or Rhoden would be better suited as a 6th man in the short term. As a pair they are struggling to start games on both ends of the court. Willard just refuses to try anything. You can’t say on the post game show I should have done this or that. RIGHT NOW his team is out of sorts. If he’s confident that we can lose all these games and be better at the end of season then that’s the way it will be. Risk to reward and a dangerous poker game to the season

Anyway let’s get them in second half and all will be right in SHU land.

Last edited:
Am I missing something or but why are all the opponent 3s uncontested? Why all the switches? I just don’t want understand the poor defense. All 5 games so far. It’s not what we do.

Because when we're not playing we're traveling. There's no time in this schedule to fix anything.

Obviously hope we keep this run going and win the game but for now I'm just happy to see the fight. There's still plenty of mistakes being made but those can be addressed once Willard has some time to get them in the gym for proper practice sessions. The fight is the culture he's built over the past 5+ years and as long as that's still here, there's hope to turn the season around.

Obviously hope we keep this run going and win the game but for now I'm just happy to see the fight. There's still plenty of mistakes being made but those can be addressed once Willard has some time to get them in the gym for proper practice sessions. The fight is the culture he's built over the past 5+ years and as long as that's still here, there's hope to turn the season around.
Promising that we aren't giving up. Keep up this fire!

AND... just like that it's a 56-53 lead!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT