ADVERTISEMENT

Rams' Aaron Donald, 3-time DPOY, retiring from NFL at age 32

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

Star Los Angeles Rams pass-rusher Aaron Donald, a three-time Defensive Player of the Year who has been selected to 10 Pro Bowls and was named a first team All-Pro eight times, announced his retirement from the NFL on Friday.

"Throughout my career, I have given my everything to football both mentally and physically -- 365 days a year was dedicated to becoming the best possible player I could be. I respected this game like no other and I'm blessed to be able to conclude my NFL career with the same franchise that drafted e. Not many people get drafted to a team, win a World Championship with that team and retire with that team. I do not, and will not, take that for granted," he said in a statement posted to social media.

Donald, 32, has 111 sacks in his career.

"We are so grateful for Aaron's dedication to greatness and for leading our franchise on and off the field for the past decade," Rams Stan Kroenke said in a statement. "He has left his mark on generations of football fans and his accomplishments, coupled with his work ethic and passion, continue to inspire his teammates, coaches and athletes across the globe. It is a privilege to have witnessed one of the greatest players of all time and we are proud that Aaron Donald will forever be part of NFL history as a member of the Rams."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT