ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond has left the building

Sorry General, I didn't mean to create multiple threads. Until I hear more, we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

Seeing these types of posts right after losing Richmond makes it hurt a little more because its so true

One of the worst days to be a SHU fan
No it’s not. Not by a long shot.

If not for Covid, he wouldn’t have the option. He’d be done.

And if the waiver-free situation for two-time transfers wasn’t in place a year ago, he’d have been gone then.

Players come and go. He’s a good player, but the world will move on.

No it’s not. Not by a long shot.

If not for Covid, he wouldn’t have the option. He’d be done.

And if the waiver-free situation for two-time transfers wasn’t in place a year ago, he’d have been gone then.

Players come and go. He’s a good player, but the world will move on.
You’re missing the point by a bit. It’s not just about losing Kadary specifically who is a great player that can lead a team etc.

It’s the new reality that Seton Hall in this environment cannot keep its best players like Kadary Richmond and that we will not be able to compete until proven otherwise in the new NIL environment

Fun Ride GIF by PortAventuraWorld

Reactions: Merge
I still don’t see the fit with Pitino. Sha is cut from the same cloth as Rick when it comes to being demanding on players. SJU is rumored with the Utah PG and I think that player fits better with what Pitino does. But it could be that they aren’t going to get the Utah kid and so now looking at KR.

I still don’t see the fit with Pitino. Sha is cut from the same cloth as Rick when it comes to being demanding on players. SJU is rumored with the Utah PG and I think that player fits better with what Pitino does. But it could be that they aren’t going to get the Utah kid and so now looking at KR.
Horrible fit. Kadary can’t press

Building a team around Coleman and Middleton is not a bad place to start. Grab Posh and keep adding.
Hoping we add above average guys who play well together. I want to see a team with a solid 8 or 9 guys that play and rotate like Sha’s Saint Peters team where the sum was better than the parts.

Horrible fit. Kadary can’t press
Unless he plays less minutes or is used differently in the press. Which I don’t pretend to fully comprehend. Thing is Pitino is a basketball genius, so if he pursues the kid you know he has a plan to make it work. Maybe the sell is more tough love and I will help you become a pro.

I
You’re missing the point by a bit. It’s not just about losing Kadary specifically who is a great player that can lead a team etc.

It’s the new reality that Seton Hall in this environment cannot keep its best players like Kadary Richmond and that we will not be able to compete until proven otherwise in the new NIL environment
Many schools are,losing players. Not only a Hall issue. We root for the uniform. As long as they can compete, I'm happy. Having many new players keeps it interesting.

Reactions: walshtrips
If he was going to test NBA waters I get it but to go to another "employer" for a year contract is dumb. The kid should focus on learning how to shoot a normal reliable jump shot and walk into a system that he is comfortable with. Changing too many variables is going to make it harder to succeed, and consistency is what is going to make him look best after the year is over. After this year is over is when the real long term journey begins and when he will have a chance to make the big payday.

Play to win the war not to win the battle .

Kids got some great representation in his corner.

I

Many schools are,losing players. Not only a Hall issue. We root for the uniform. As long as they can compete, I'm happy. Having many new players keeps it interesting.
Right but are we replacing these players with the same level? Currently, no

That’s why the reality of the NIL today especially for SHU makes today just really suck

Reactions: Bobbie Solo

Seeing these types of posts right after losing Richmond makes it hurt a little more because its so true

But all is well according to Mike McBride. He says there is an incorrect perception out there that Seton Hall is lacking in the pay to play department. Well, there's that perception again out in the open for everyone to see. Someone isn't being truthful, and I doubt it's the national media guys.

If he was going to test NBA waters I get it but to go to another "employer" for a year contract is dumb. The kid should focus on learning how to shoot a normal reliable jump shot and walk into a system that he is comfortable with. Changing too many variables is going to make it harder to succeed, and consistency is what is going to make him look best after the year is over. After this year is over is when the real long term journey begins and when he will have a chance to make the big payday.

Play to win the war not to win the battle .

Kids got some great representation in his corner.
Brooklyn kid from a difficult neighborhood who is going to pocket 1 million for a year of work.

But all is well according to Mike McBride. He says there is an incorrect perception out there that Seton Hall is lacking in the pay to play department. Well, there's that perception again out in the open for everyone to see. Someone isn't being truthful, and I doubt it's the national media guys.
I think it’s still a lazy take. The insinuation is that seton hall is the only team that this is happening too.

Reactions: walshtrips and PF58
Be honest with yourself. If he does go to St Johns they had an open check book. They would have matched and increases any offer we made. It doesn't mean we are lacking.

If it's true we were able to offer up to $800k give or take and still have money for other players, then we are in decent shape. We are not close to elite, but that's enough to work with and compete every year. It just sucks our guy got stolen within conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT