ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond

I think KR is going to get $1.5MM somewhere......good for him and his family. He deserves it.
Maybe, maybe not. But there is clearly a strong market for him, which makes it hard for me to accept that he has to take St. Johns' money. I'm totally supportive of him getting paid and I could be glad for him and root for his success. But I don't owe him that.

If he goes to St. John's, I will have animosity toward him because it's unnecessary for to stay in this league and suit up for our biggest in-conference rival and lend his talents to defeating and diminishing this program. Even in this new world, it's unacceptable. I'm sure he couldn't care less what some middle-aged guy on a message board thinks, but that's my genuine reaction. I can root against him and I will have an emotional investment in his failure. I'd never want to see him injured, but if he signs with St. John's, I don't care if he's folding T-shirts at Old Navy in five years.

I think KR is going to get $1.5MM somewhere......good for him and his family. He deserves it.
Not sure he "deserves" $1.5 m. He might "get it" because that's what a bizarre market will pay him.

If he ends up at St Johns I can see Pitino quickly falling out of love with KR and his game. Pitno will hate the attitude and lack of fire. That's my prediction.

This is what happens when you drag your feet and do nothing with NIL except watch others pass you and make excuses for sitting around doing nothing!
Don't bring up certain guys in charge who sat on their hands and put us behind the 8 ball. Also you have to wish Kadary well for his 3 yrs even if he is headed to our biggest local rival. If you do the opposite of this you will get called out by some of the warriors on in this message board

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
NIL sucks and is wrecking the college game.

Can’t take it personally. Players like Cliff O and KR who are never going to play in the NBA will almost certainly never make as much money in a year as they are going to make cashing in on the wild west of NIL next season.

It’s completely rational and you just can’t take it personally. KR isn’t leaving SHU for the sake of leaving. He’s leaving because it would be monumentally stupid of him not to cash in while he has the chance.

That is not the point. How upset would RU fans be if Cliff committed to Seton Hall?

When Davis left there was no vitriol from Pirates fans. Just thx for what he did here.

This is different.
RU also gave big money to other guys. I think that softens the blow.

Add the fact that it’s being reported KR left money on the table. Another twist of the knife in the back.

That is not the point. How upset would RU fans be if Cliff committed to Seton Hall?

When Davis left there was no vitriol from Pirates fans. Just thx for what he did here.

This is different.
I can only speak for myself but I really don’t care where Cliff decided to go if he’s not coming back to RU. Seeing him at the RAC in a SHU uniform would be weird. But I personally wouldn’t hold any hard feelings about the guy pursuing what he believes to be his own best interest. I just think the whole NIL situation sucks for college basketball and is wrecking the game for the fans.

Well, good for you and I don't say that sarcastically. You are a better fan than most of us.

The combination of money and social media creates the responses we see in all of these threads.

More and more about the players “brand” and monetizing their value. There is very little if any love for the school, loyalty, feel good genuineness left. Maybe I’m deluding myself about the old days. But when you see a kid drop over four years and gives us all the opportunity to get through the public veneer.

Kooks Corner….lol.

A star player going to a rival… Get used to it. Game is completely transactional now. I don’t blame Richmond for taking the money. And I don’t blame fans who have an emotional attachment for being upset and wanting to bow him. All fair game. So yeah, when you contribute to crowdfunding, it’s a natural to feel jilted. After all, crowdfunding is an emotional ask.

I just find it funny because shu never had a chance, and the thing that bothers me the most about this is that he was talking to St. John’s about this while playing for seton hall… same thing with cliff over at Rutgers…

Hes got a bad slow jump shot and not great speed on defense. Let dylan pick up charges and harass him. Kadary struggles to get past defenders w his speed. He needs to constantly use his crossover. We know his game

Even before leaving I could think of at least 100 players at Seton Hall I enjoyed more than Richmond. I never thought he was Hall In. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Ben Simmons.
Agree. But unless things change, will any of them be Hall In now?

Reactions: garyshu71
Hes got a bad slow jump shot and not great speed on defense. Let dylan pick up charges and harass him. Kadary struggles to get past defenders w his speed. He needs to constantly use his crossover. We know his game

Everyone knows his game and he still turned that into all-BE performance.
Kadary is fantastic with his tempo. Plays slow but changes speeds so well to get defenders to make mistakes and get them on his back. He took over games when he wanted to. He'll be a problem for us if he plays with aggressiveness.

I guess playing in the metro meant more to him than most expected. Esp if some of the SEC teams offered more money.

Yes, we will have issues going against Kadary but not bc of his 1v1 play but his vision and passes if St. John’s has good shooters and of course being able to be more opportunistic in a pitino defense.

I do however feel Kadary gets tired easily and if pitino doesn’t manage his minutes and ego well, we can exploit it

I'm pretty sure Sha knows Kadary's weaknesses & they will definitely be exploited.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT