ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers a no show at home

HallX2

All World
Mar 25, 2005
On Senior Day. Their net could bump up against the century mark. I guess they could still pull it out but I doubt it.

Pikiel seems to have lost his touch. Poor end to the regular season.

On selection Sunday they are a likely bad loss for us.

You could argue that he has stopped developing his players. Cliff O? All pre season and yet disappointing season.

They reached their ceiling a couple years ago. They may be able to replicate the success of that season with the talent they are bringing in next season, but afterwards some better program will poach the good pieces that they’ve got. They’re stuck with that guy for a while. Turned things around, but they’ll never do better(even in their best seasons) than middle of the pack in the b1g. Perpetual mediocrity.

On selection Sunday, Manic Monday, Taco Tuesday, Humpday...any day of the week that was a hideous, repulsive, nauseating loss to a garbage team. 🤢Would have rather lost to FDU or Wagner. Had to endure some typical drunk, vulgar, loud and stupid RU fans sitting near us at the game. 😡Great to have the last laugh on those assclowns. 😂🤣😂But man I hated that game.

Next year should be a different story but they suck. Big Cliff has been a disappointment. Simpson and Hyatt too. Griffiths looks like he could be a player down the line.

Kind of strange situation going on at RU. I have heard that Mulcahy specifically left RU due to issues with Pikell. Not sure how they ended up reeling in 2 top recruits they got.

I still say likely disappointment is prediction for next season with RU.

When Griffith can just sit out on the wing and shoot 3s he’ll be fine. The guys coming in next year should help him greatly.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
RU fans heads exploding. Comments about their players are pathetic. Alas, another post season for them to watch on TV.

• Love
Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Rutgers has a fever. NET at 102. And we caught a slight cold as we dropped from 61 to 62. Likely due to their slide

Last edited:
RU fans heads exploding. Comments about their players are pathetic. Alas, another post season for them to watch on TV.
I’m not sure what their comments were but you should have seen our own comments about our team back in December. I’m afraid to look back and see what I said. I know it wasn’t very positive.

Reactions: HALL85
On Senior Day. Their net could bump up against the century mark. I guess they could still pull it out but I doubt it.

Pikiel seems to have lost his touch. Poor end to the regular season.

Rutgers is ALWAYS a bad loss! There is absolutely no benefit to playing them. Win and you should, lose and you risk postseason! It’s their national championship game but it does absolutely nothing for us to continue to play our little brother down the turnpike.

I wish I could be disappointed and have those two studs.
If either of those kids has an ounce of talent they should be able to get a much better deal from an enormously much better team with no problem. If they want to throw away their careers they will go with their current selection. Hopefully they have adults looking out for them that will encourage them to rethink their original decisions.

Reactions: shupat08
Many readers here do not like Rutgers or Maryland/Willard.

That being the case which 15-16 team are you rooting for?

58MarylandB1015-16+13.23
98RutgersB1015-16+7.99
I really don’t get the dislike for Willard and Maryland. He left us in a much better place than what he was handed. Thank him and move on. Most here are thrilled that Shaheen is our coach and that doesn’t happen if Willard didn’t move on.

If either of those kids has an ounce of talent they should be able to get a much better deal from an enormously much better team with no problem. If they want to throw away their careers they will go with their current selection. Hopefully they have adults looking out for them that will encourage them to rethink their original decisions.
Pretty sure both are getting 7 figures to go to RU.. but what happens come December and you have 2 players worrying more about themselves and their stats and highlights than the team?

Reactions: shupat08
Pretty sure both are getting 7 figures to go to RU.. but what happens come December and you have 2 players worrying more about themselves and their stats and highlights than the team?
If that is true it is a staggering commitment on RU’s part. But it seems, given his roster defections last year and his team seemingly quitting on him this year, that Pikiel is not up to the task to manage two kids with 7 figure deals. In fact it can’t be an easy task for anyone. Wonder if his current team is resentful of the cash given out to the incoming players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT