ADVERTISEMENT

Sandrooo

His name must have only been talked about on the trove then?

He's been on the board for months.

This kid was brought up mildly on this board, off and on, since prolly 8 or 9 months ago. People linked to one of his highlight vids, the one that got posted last week of him in the more darkly lit gym.

You don't forget a name like that.

Reactions: shupat08
I saw he's considered a 3 star player almost cracking the top 100. Anyone have an idea what he needs improvement on?

He's only been here for 1 HS season. He starts on Montverde. He's better than a 3 star.

Check the videos in the Sandro & Cale thread I made.
Saw already! He looks super athletic. Not sure if I was more impressed with the 3's or reverse layup. When I saw that he was 3 stars I hoped that the reason was scouts' lack of familiarity with him. So according to you and the list of schools recruiting him, that seems to be the case.

Reactions: shupat08
Saw already! He looks super athletic. Not sure if I was more impressed with the 3's or reverse layup. When I saw that he was 3 stars I hoped that the reason was scouts' lack of familiarity with him. So according to you and the list of schools recruiting him, that seems to be the case.

I'm no scout. ButIMHO there is no way this kid is a 3 star based on his videos where he plays and his list of schools. Underrated like Khadeen. Lol.

Reactions: HALLisLife
I'm no scout. ButIMHO there is no way this kid is a 3 star based on his videos where he plays and his list of schools. Underrated like Khadeen. Lol.

Fwiw, Russ Wood who's pretty connected in the Florida scene and posts on the RU board, thinks this is a huge get and "loves his motor"

Be careful with highlight videos. They can be very misleading. Game tapes give a better example of a players all around game, imo.

Be careful with highlight videos. They can be very misleading. Game tapes give a better example of a players all around game, imo.

Watched him for a half (only a half) during the dicks championship. Was pretty impressed. Needs to develop in the paint imho.

Good get indeed. Who knows if he will contribute immediately, but should be a solid long term player. You always worry about these Euro kids leaving early to go play overseas, but the fact that he played ball in the US before doing so is a good sign.

This is a really really nice commitment and fit for our team. I think he will contribute right away.

We lock up a solid PG and we will make a deep run in March.

Congrats to the staff for getting their guy, especially G-Banger aka Grant!

This kid has a ton of potential. Glad we closed the deal here. Gotta be happy with a Powell, Cale, Sandro trio going forward after next season. Go get a big time point guard now and we are in business for years to come.

I haven't really heard anyone talk about him until this week when he was officially visiting the school. Seemed to come together pretty quickly in SHU's favor. Pretty impressive group of schools that were recruiting him.

The staff took more interest in him in the fall. Yes we got in a bit later than some schools but that happens usually against us.

Angel, Sandro, Brodie along with Ish and Nzei...good length will hopefully improve D.

Welcome Sandro !!
"oo-da- chee" - Good luck in Russian. Just looked it up.
Guys on the board- we have to bone up.

Well then you better tweet @valdir_ngule and tell Valdir that he's spelling his name wrong.

Well then, I guess I proved my point, me being the one mispronouncing Valdir!

(Honestly, I saw a lineup from Pat's itself that spelled it "Vladir". NJ.com has had it as Vladir all year, like here (roster tab) and here (the player profile page). And in one game, the announcer pronounced it Valdir in the first half and Vladir in the second--I thought that must have meant someone corrected him.)

Well then, I guess I proved my point, me being the one mispronouncing Valdir!

(Honestly, I saw a lineup from Pat's itself that spelled it "Vladir". NJ.com has had it as Vladir all year, like here (roster tab) and here (the player profile page). And in one game, the announcer pronounced it Valdir in the first half and Vladir in the second--I thought that must have meant he corrected himself.)

Yeah, It seems St. Pat's roster had it as Vladir. I do agree with that and I noticed an announcer do that at the RC game I went to.

But every scouting service and his twitter has it as Valdir.

Gotta love it! LOL.

Reactions: Joe_T
It is absolutely eerie how much he reminds you of Arturas Karnishovas. I am not sure he will be in the starting lineup anytime this season, but he will complement the Nzei and Sanogo tandem very nicely.

Still, we have to bring in a PG. Like others here, I wish it could be Walker.
I thought exactly the same thing! Disciplined, tough , smart, and will be a terrific Pirate!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT