ADVERTISEMENT

See What's New at Pru This Season!

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Pirates Fans,

Monday night, Men's Basketball will open the 2023-24 regular season with a contest against Saint Peter's at 7:30 p.m., and we can't wait to see you all at The Rock supporting the Pirates! We've got some information below about what to expect when you come to the home opener, and as a reminder, familiarize yourself with the full schedule of games!

New Food & Beverage Specials!​

Graphic of food and beverage specials for Seton Hall men's basketball games: $5 hot dogs, $8 Michelob Ultras and $12 Pirate Blue cocktails

We've partnered with Prudential Center and its new hospitality partner, Levy, to offer three every-game specials to Pirates fans:

$5 hot dogs
$8 16 oz Michelob Ultra beer
$12 Pirate Blue cocktail (rum, blue curacao, citrus, pineapple)

The special hot dog price will be available at all concession stands that offer hot dogs, and you'll be able to find the beer and cocktail specials at the East and West Clubs, The Foundry Bar & all concessions bar locations (portables excluded)!

Prudential Center and Levy have additional new food and beverage experiences that launched earlier this year, including new hand-breaded and tossed chicken tenders (Section 16), disco fries (Section 1) and the honey hen hot chicken sandwich (Section 16). New restaurant partners and purveyors in concessions – including a burger concept exclusive to Prudential Center created with Pat LaFrieda, Popcorn For The People, and Broritos Food Truck – will join returning favorites Toms River Brewing, Goya and Calandra’s Bakery.

You can learn more about the new food & beverage options through this YouTube video.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I am confident that most folks have a credit card or a debit card, but I agree the pretzel prices and the chance of snow are the reasons I have gone to less games recently.

I am confident that most folks have a credit card or a debit card, but I agree the pretzel prices and the chance of snow are the reasons I have gone to less games recently.
I have no desire to charge a $5 hotdog. That’s just stupid.

Dan do you know if seton hall gets any cut of concessions? It’s my understanding they do not, but the language used above “we have partnered with” makes me wonder if this is accurate.

Dan do you know if seton hall gets any cut of concessions? It’s my understanding they do not, but the language used above “we have partnered with” makes me wonder if this is accurate.
Haven't examined that in years. But in the past that is what I have been told.

Just go to the games.
A hotdog is not going to keep me from going to games. That’s just stupid. Not sure how you came up with that one. I don’t have to eat an overpriced hotdog in order to attend a game.

Charging a hotdog to a credit card however is stupid and that I’m not doing.

It (hopefully) won't reach the point of society, but large venues like the Prudential Center that are going cashless have no incentive to reverse course.
People have to start refusing to make overpriced purchases. When that happens then they will have to rethink things. If there’s a data breach, identity theft, etc. then maybe people will wake up. Those things aren’t issues with cash.

Reactions: shu09
People have to start refusing to make overpriced purchases. When that happens then they will have to rethink things. If there’s a data breach, identity theft, etc. then maybe people will wake up. Those things aren’t issues with cash.

It’s also possible you will have to adapt to the ever changing world 🌍 of tech.

Reactions: cubbob
I have absolutely no problem with new technology. I do however have a problem with the push for a cashless society!
I don't think most people fully grasp the consequences of a cashless society. While there are so many benefits to it, the negative consequences of it are frightening. Not accepting cash in lieu of credit cards is just the tip of the iceberg.

I don't think most people fully grasp the consequences of a cashless society. While there are so many benefits to it, the negative consequences of it are frightening. Not accepting cash in lieu of credit cards is just the tip of the iceberg.
Total govt control on what people can purchase

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT