ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall Giving Day

Dan what were the problem states last year, can we get started on those now ?

Don't remember as it's changes every year.

I always cover New Mexico as I have a relative there. Paul in Vegas does a super job covering states later in the day that don't contribute.

We'll have to see.

Reactions: TrueBlue1989
Herein lies the challenge of NIL as I contribute to the school ( as all Setonia graduates should) and now NIL. The choice becomes NIL or Pirate Blue. There are only so many buckets to tap and the well isn't flush. I would imagine that Pirate Blue is going to take a tremendous hit in this new landscape.

At a minimum, they should change the dates. I am not sure what the schedule is for NIL, but we just had a big push for it. Pirate Blue giving date needs to be adjusted. I would imagine that NIL giving would always be around the end of season to keep players/get guys in portal. Therefore, Pirate Blue giving day should be in October.

In addition, certainly not the best timing considering we all just donated to NIL and a few days later, Dre and Richmond are in portal.

At a minimum, they should change the dates. I am not sure what the schedule is for NIL, but we just had a big push for it. Pirate Blue giving date needs to be adjusted. I would imagine that NIL giving would always be around the end of season to keep players/get guys in portal. Therefore, Pirate Blue giving day should be in October.

In addition, certainly not the best timing considering we all just donated to NIL and a few days later, Dre and Richmond are in portal.
Richmond is in the portal!? Where did you see that!? 😳😕

So a few days after yet another basketball fundraising initiative comes to a close the pirate blue fundraiser decides to start up?

This is completely unsustainable. Eventually one, or both are going to run dry. And without giving your biggest donors an “ownership” percentage of the basketball program I can’t see this going on much longer.

So a few days after yet another basketball fundraising initiative comes to a close the pirate blue fundraiser decides to start up?

This is completely unsustainable. Eventually one, or both are going to run dry. And without giving your biggest donors an “ownership” percentage of the basketball program I can’t see this going on much longer.
Agreed but need to win basketball games to get more involved

I don't think it "decided to start up" it's always in late April. It just hurts coming off the NIL campaign. It's not sustainable but it is what it is right now. Hopefully things will level off in multiple ways.

Reactions: Jerry1992
300518587_b13367d689_z.jpg

getting to the point where----

Giving Day is a University initiative, not just Pirate Blue, and has always been done in mid-April. This isn't something Pirate Blue "decided (sic) to start up."

Probably have to balance out the giving with incremental increases. Stay loyal to Pirate Blue and play it by ear with the NIL At this point it is so hard to gauge what the NIL budget can do as far as on court success. The dust needs to settle. I agree though that in the short term the NIL needs the focus.

99 percent of the alumni have no idea about something that was initiated by this message board.

This is a very dedicated group, but it’s only a small fraction of what’s out there.
Exactly, give to NIL if you can and you want, but has nothing at all to do with these university wide giving initiatives. Without donations to university general funds, there will be no need for NIL as there will be no team and university.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT