ADVERTISEMENT

Seton Hall TBT Team

David___Smith12

Recruit
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2019
What’s going on Pirates fans! Right now, myself and a few others are in the process of getting together an alumni team for this summer’s TBT Tournament in Syracuse. Guys like Isaiah Whitehead, Khadeen Carrington, Ro Gill, Jordan Theodore, Angel Delgado, and more have all been contacted and have shown significant interest in competing this year. If everybody could follow us on Twitter and Instagram @SetonHallTBT for more updates it would be much appreciated! If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread. Now let’s get back on track with a win in MSG over the Johnnies!

Last edited:
What’s going on Pirates fans! Right now, myself and a few others are in the process of getting together an alumni team for this summer’s TBT Tournament in Syracuse. Guys like Isaiah Whitehead, Khadeen Carrington, Ro Gill, Jordan Theodore, Angel Delgado, and more have all been contacted and have shown significant interest in competing this year. If everybody could follow us on Twitter and Instagram @SetonHallTBT for more updates it would be much appreciated! If you have any questions, feel free to ask in this thread. Now let’s get back on track with a win in MSG over the Johnnies!

Can't wait to see a Hall alumni team back in TBT. Schedules, injuries, etc notwithstanding....a team comprised of those guys would be pretty legit.

They would destroy all comp.

TBT with alumni teams always gets me excited. I say this all this time, but if only there were a market for a short-season league filled with nothing but alumni teams.

Could you imagine an alumni Big East league? Play it in the summer, short schedule, and the teams can only consist of former players of a given school. Especially with what the state of rules and regulations are now, have to imagine it wouldn't be a complete non-starter to have loose branding connections to the former programs.

Can't speak to the rest of the country, but I'd think BE Hoops fans would attend these games and/or pay a subscription fee to stream online.

TBT with alumni teams always gets me excited. I say this all this time, but if only there were a market for a short-season league filled with nothing but alumni teams.

Could you imagine an alumni Big East league? Play it in the summer, short schedule, and the teams can only consist of former players of a given school. Especially with what the state of rules and regulations are now, have to imagine it wouldn't be a complete non-starter to have loose branding connections to the former programs.

Can't speak to the rest of the country, but I'd think BE Hoops fans would attend these games and/or pay a subscription fee to stream online.

I know it coincides with the regular timeline of when TBT is usually held but a 1 month mini league with select alumni teams would be fun. Expand it to 16 teams and (as much as I could give 2 damns about them) you could invite alumni teams like Rutgers, Syracuse, Pitt, West Virginia and BC (1st 5 i could think of). That'll garner some old Big East interest.

Any questions you guys may have, feel free to ask me and I’ll answer to the best of my ability!
Dave, why don't you give us some background?

How did you get involved?

Who have you reached out to and what players are legitimate targets?

What kind of feedback are you getting in your quest to put together a team?

What are the difficulties securing players who might be under contract?

Dave, why don't you give us some background?

How did you get involved?

Who have you reached out to and what players are legitimate targets?

What kind of feedback are you getting in your quest to put together a team?

What are the difficulties securing players who might be under contract?
Sure.

So I'm currently a freshman here at Seton Hall and I'm working with JP Carlesimo and SetonHallFan on Twitter to construct the team. We've all become extremely close as a result of this team and it was something we've talked about constructing.

Legitimate targets for this team include Jordan Theodore, Jeremy Hazell, Isaiah Whitehead, Khadeen Carrington, Keith Braxton, Patrik Auda, Quincy McKnight, Romaro Gill, Desi Rodriguez, Baylee Steele, and Derrick Gordon. We've also reached out to Ismael Sanogo and Angel Delgado.

So far, the feedback has been great. Constructing a team for a tournament like this is difficult. We're trying to get as much versatility as possible in terms of skillsets so we can beat you in a variety of ways. With this group of guys, there's a lot you can do to win a game. My only concern right now with that group would be who would draw the assignment to a dominant score first wing, similar to a guy like Desi. However, with the playmaking abilities of Whitehead and Theodore, the scoring ability at all three levels of guys like Carrington, Rodriguez, Auda, and Braxton, and the defensive abilities of Gordon, McKnight, and Gill- this team will be tough to beat.

For guys under contract, it can be tough. I can't go into too many details right now on specific guys, but out of the guys that I've mentioned, I'm confident that a lot of them will be able to play despite being under contract.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT