ADVERTISEMENT

Sha + views from being at the game

Gohall129

All Big East
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2022
Sha struggles to manage the game and it played out again tonight. Last year and so far this year it constantly felt like we close in on these deficits and never have enough to get over the hump. Certainly some of it is the players/lack of fire power. A huge part of it is Sha.

Sitting a few rows behind the bench tonight is finally where it all clicked for me watching how Sha manages the game and his bench. We go on runs to claw back. Our guys are gassed and Sha doesn’t take timeouts to curb or support the momentum. KW often would take a timeout after a big shot or would give a short defensive leash before reeling it in. We become to predictable and Baylor was able to make adjustments to how they defended Richmond and how the defended the high pick and roll with Bediako. Sha made no adjustments.

We get the game within 3. Immediately Baylor takes it to 9. KR misses back to back attempts and then disappears for the rest of the game (final 8 minutes) while our NFL Linebacker takes over the offensive ball handling duties and we have 4 empty possessions in a row before Davis catches a flagrant.

Baylor fan sitting near me asked me at half time “why does your coach allow #2 to play and shoot like he does?”

Our Turkish guy didn’t travel to the game- neither did Coach Davis.

Tubek is going to be a good player in 2 years.

After a brutal 1st half- EHE showed some great potential in the second half. Had a bit of bad luck on a few plays, but overall happy with what I saw.

Not sure how it looked on TV, but from watching in person I think Baylor is a bit overrated. They are well coached and have some nice pieces, but I’m not sure that they showed they are top 10 good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News