ADVERTISEMENT

SHU & gay marriage back in news

Originally posted by SPK145:
Catholic doctrine says homosexuality is a sin, an abomination even. Yet the Catholic mission "preaches" tolerance, forgiveness, etc. A dichotomy if ever there was one.

You're going to hell but turn the other cheek. Don't gamble but come to bingo Wednesday night. Here's Catholicity, pick a tray.

My goodness, so much misinformation in so short a note. Catholic doctrine teaches that being a homosexual is no more sinful than being a heterosexual. The sexual acts performed by homosexuals are sinful, just as are those performed by heterosexuals outside marriage. Tolerance is fine, but nowhere does the Catholic "mission" preach tolerance of sin. Quite the contrary, which is why the Church is reviled by many. Forgiveness is also fine, but it requires repentance on the part of the sinner; it's not automatically granted, and that's why so many Catholic prayers beg the Lord's forgiveness for our many sins and transgressions. There's no dichotomy in any of this, except that which is conjured up by anti-religionists.
As far as bingo goes, you'll have to show me where the Catholic Church has ever condemned gambling. The Church has taught that gambling is wrong when it takes from the necessities of life. Michael Jordan is free to spend his excess millions gambling, if that's what he chooses to do, even at St. Leo's on a Wednesday night. No harm, no foul.

then belluno, would homosexual sex not be a sin in marriage? Big problem there, they can't get married? Let's give a little logic equation and see if it ends with the right answer.

Heterosexual sex is a sin outside of marriage
Homosexual sex is a sin outside marriage
Heterosexual sex is NOT a sin in marriage
Homosexual sex is???????

There is not logic to the any of this crap. It's pick and choose on all issues.

I'm anti-organized religion (not anti-Catholic, BTW) because of posts like yours, Belluno.

As if I can sin all day long, ask for forgiveness, and be granted eternal life. That's the kind of attitude that allows us to be slapped around by Muslims, etc.

Once again, you are exactly wrong regarding Catholic belief which requires a sincere effort and desire NOT to sin again but which also recognizes that we are mortal and weak. A Catholic cannot sin all day long in anticipation of doing it again tomorrow and and expect to be forgiven. There are Protestant denominations which teach that once baptized, Heaven is assured, regardless of how one conducts his life. This is contrary to Catholic dogma. How any of this relates to being slapped around by Muslims mystifies me.

Seton Hallis Catholic when it suits them and at times they are as Catholic as Bucky Dornstein.

Originally posted by PIR8TES:
Seton Hallis Catholic when it suits them and at times they are as Catholic as Bucky Dornstein.

OK I give up. Who in the world is Bucky Dornstein?

Tom K

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT