ADVERTISEMENT

Sixers my gosh

Always been treated well at Nova games in pirate gear. Not true at RU.

Hawks close out the Sixers on a night when Trae Young shoots 5-23. Kevin Huerter leads the way with 27.

Ben Simmons can't shoot and was afraid of getting fouled. I think he was 2-16 from the field.

Worse than that, he's afraid to shoot. Simmons was actually 2-4 in 36 minutes.

In the seven fourth quarters in the series he was 3-3. He didn't attempt a shot in the fourth quarter in five of the seven games.

Reactions: Hallsome
idk what ur saying. im saying fans out there have killed people before
Yes, and my point was most cities I’ve been to out West have great fans. Agree that LA has had some horrible violence but if that’s what you’re comparing Philly fans to feel good?

In the seven fourth quarters in the series he was 3-3. He didn't attempt a shot in the fourth quarter in five of the seven games.

I'm gonna be honest. I wanna say if you're 6'5 and above, that's a basket. You make that layup/dunk. The blame on this series will technically fall on Rivers but Simmons is a huge portion as to why Sixers won't be able to get over that hump in the East

76ers fans toss trash on court after Hawks take Game 7​

By Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA — Trae Young and the Hawks are taking their stunning turnaround to the Eastern Conference finals.

Young made a late 3-pointer and scored 21 points to help Atlanta win for the third time in the series in Philadelphia, a 103-96 victory over the top-seeded 76ers on Sunday night in Game 7.

Sixers fans let the home team have it and booed them off the court and were reprimanded by the public address announcer for throwing trash on the court.

The Hawks will open their first East finals since 2015 against the Bucks on Wednesday night in Milwaukee.

Atlanta had been 0-9 in Games 7s on the road.

But the Hawks ignored their ignominious history and got one in Philly, where they already won in Game 1 and Game 5 and knocked out Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons and closed the book on the Process.

Not so deep down, not even the Hawks could have seen this coming, especially in March when they were 14-20, 11th in the Eastern Conference and fired coach Lloyd Pierce.

Under coach Nate McMillan, the Hawks turned into birds of prey and Young led a charge into the postseason for the first time since 2017 that kept rolling with a first-round win over New York.

Embiid, the NBA MVP runner-up, Simmons and a high-priced cast of stars were supposed to put the upstart Hawks in their place. It never happened.

Young shook off an otherwise off night from the floor and kept shooting until he hit that 3 for a 93-87 lead with 2:31 left in the game.

Kevin Huerter, who led the Hawks with 27 points, sealed the win with three free throws and the packed house of 18,624 fell as silent as it was when the season opened without any fans.

Embiid scored 31 points.

This marked only the second year since 1973 — when the NBA began seeding for the playoffs by conference — when neither No. 1 seed will make the conference finals. West No. 1 seed Utah was eliminated by the Clippers.

Yes, and my point was most cities I’ve been to out West have great fans. Agree that LA has had some horrible violence but if that’s what you’re comparing Philly fans to feel good?
no its clear that philly fans get singled out when really bad behavior happens everywhere. it just didnt happen the one time you went to colorado. btw for the most part outside of st louis those teams dont really have fans that care at all.

if you go to a phillies game nowadays nobody will even bat an eye at you

Reactions: SHUSource

he passed a wide open dunk under the basket. didnt even look at the rim!!!

Reactions: JRSlim2284
Right, threw snowballs/iceballs at Santa.
No, they just booed him. Mostly because he was a last-minute fill-in for the scheduled Santa and came up light -literally. He was a 19-year-old kid who weighed about 140 lbs., soaking wet. He was no Santa.

I'm not sure if most realize the national narrative of the Philly sports fan is mostly a fabrication. Most of these legendary stories are just that - legends - and almost entirely apocryphal. I used to believe them, too, when I lived in the New York market, but learning the actual truth these past dozen-plus years has been enlightening. The worst fan behavior I've witnessed still resides in NYC and East Rutherford, but good stories are good stories.

I've found that the ones most eager to perpetuate this myth are also the ones who are most likely to have never gone to Philadelphia to actually see a game in person. (This comment has nothing to do with @sami - I just happened to reply to his post).

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
no its clear that philly fans get singled out when really bad behavior happens everywhere. it just didnt happen the one time you went to colorado. btw for the most part outside of st louis those teams dont really have fans that care at all.

They get singled out because they are. And yes, there are a few other cities where bad behavior happens too often and they have a well-deserved reputation, and Philly is in that category and pretty much at or near the top.

No, they just booed him. Mostly because he was a last-minute fill-in for the scheduled Santa and came up light -literally. He was a 19-year-old kid who weighed about 140 lbs., soaking wet. He was no Santa.

I'm not sure if most realize the national narrative of the Philly sports fan is mostly a fabrication. Most of these legendary stories are just that - legends - and almost entirely apocryphal. I used to believe them, too, when I lived in the New York market, but learning the actual truth these past dozen-plus years has been enlightening. The worst fan behavior I've witnessed still resides in NYC and East Rutherford, but good stories are good stories.

I've found that the ones most eager to perpetuate this myth are also the ones who are most likely to have never gone to Philadelphia to actually see a game in person. (This comment has nothing to do with @sami - I just happened to reply to his post).
Myth? Fabrication? lol

https://nypost.com/2021/06/20/76ers... let the home,on Wednesday night in Milwaukee.

https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/russell-westbrook-popcorn-philadelphia-76ers-fan-20210527.html

They get singled out because they are. And yes, there are a few other cities where bad behavior happens too often and they have a well-deserved reputation, and Philly is in that category and pretty much at or near the top.
This doesn't correlate with any actual events and willfully excludes the antisocial behavior readily seen by fans in any city, New York no less than any of them. New York sports writers have always had to much hubris and too little courage to call it like it is.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
OMG, popcorn? My God, I hope he was OK!

Nothing about the D-cells that used to rain from the right-field stands at Yankee Stadium? You don't see it much anymore, but you don't see things like that much anywhere anymore. Fan behavior has slowly improved, as has security (no doubt correlated), so we relay on lazy old stories that have morphed over time. Booing a skinny Santa Claus in 1960 turns into pelting him with batteries as a current story. The cognitive dissonance among New York sports fans is off the charts on this issue.

OMG, popcorn? My God, I hope he was OK!

Nothing about the D-cells that used to rain from the right-field stands at Yankee Stadium? You don't see it much anymore, but you don't see things like that much anywhere anymore. Fan behavior has slowly improved, as has security (no doubt correlated), so we relay on lazy old stories that have morphed over time. Booing a skinny Santa Claus in 1960 turns into pelting him with batteries as a current story. The cognitive dissonance among New York sports fans is off the charts on this issue.
lol...not giving NY sports fans a pass at all. They aren't saints. The batteries were documented and Jet's fans are notoriously bad as well (throwing snowballs, etc.). But if you're going to try to tell me that Philly fans are the norm of well-behaved, I have a Ben Franklin Bridge to sell you. These lazy old stories have a lot of documentation trail on them....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...rship-front-office-roster-and-recent-history/

no, it happens in every city. stop. nonsense .

Doc Rivers may have sealed Ben Simmons’ fate with harsh postgame comments​

By Jenna Lemoncelli

Doc Rivers isn’t too sure about his star point guard.

After Philadelphia’s 103-96 Game 7 loss to Atlanta on Sunday, Rivers was asked if he believes Ben Simmons is a championship-level point guard.

“I don’t know the answer to that,” the somber coach said following Simmons’ five-point performance in Game 7.

The 24-year-old didn’t attempt a shot in the fourth quarter in five of the seven games in the series against the Hawks. He attempted two in the final frame of Philadelphia’s Game 1 loss, and one in Game 3, which the Sixers won 127-111. Throughout the series, he averaged just 9.8 points per game.

Simmons also shot just 15-for-45 (33%) on foul shots against Atlanta and 34.2% from the line for the 2021 playoffs overall, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Those numbers account for the worst free throw percentage in NBA playoff history for a player with at least 70 attempts.

The three-time All-Star was aware of his own struggles, and admitted as such.

“I ain’t shoot well from the line this series,” Simmons said after Game 7.

“Offensively, I wasn’t there. I didn’t do enough for my teammates. … There’s a lot of things that I need to work on,” he admitted.

Late in Game 7, Simmons had a wide open opportunity for an uncontested dunk and awkwardly gave up the ball to Matisse Thybulle — another blunder the point guard was roasted for on social media.

Embiid seemed to call Simmons out for missing the “open shot” after the game, saying that the team “didn’t get a good possession.”

Sunday’s playoff exit marks the third time in the last four seasons the Sixers were eliminated in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Meanwhile, the fifth-seeded Hawks advance to take on the Bucks. Game 1 is set for Wednesday in Milwaukee.

Simmons, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NBA Draft, just finished the first year of his five-year $177 million contract with the Sixers. Philadelphia’s second-round playoff elimination has raised questions about whether or not it’s time to pull the plug on the Simmons-Joel Embiid pairing.

Is “The Process” over in Philadelphia?

Time will tell.

This doesn't correlate with any actual events and willfully excludes the antisocial behavior readily seen by fans in any city, New York no less than any of them. New York sports writers have always had to much hubris and too little courage to call it like it is.
November 4, 1991, my wife (then fiancé) and I were at Veteran's Stadium for Monday Night Football Giants @ Eagles....Eagles handled Giants pretty convincingly, 30-7, and we were respectfully quiet in Phiily as Giant fans. When we got up to depart, my wife was hit with a beer bottle............no where else but Philadelphia,,,

Says the guy who lives in Philly...too funny.
ive been to games all over just like you. probably more.

plus, these things are in the news all the time. Colorado and Arizona great fans right? did you miss the sucker punch fight the other day between Nuggets and Suns fan?

these things happen all the time in every city. theres no argument to this.

This narrative that Philly is just like everyone else is ridiculous, and yes, I have personal experience with it at Phillies games. NY fans are not saints, but Philly fans are at a level all of their own. Own it.

Reactions: HALL85

Doc Rivers may have sealed Ben Simmons’ fate with harsh postgame comments​

By Jenna Lemoncelli

Doc Rivers isn’t too sure about his star point guard.

After Philadelphia’s 103-96 Game 7 loss to Atlanta on Sunday, Rivers was asked if he believes Ben Simmons is a championship-level point guard.

“I don’t know the answer to that,” the somber coach said following Simmons’ five-point performance in Game 7.

The 24-year-old didn’t attempt a shot in the fourth quarter in five of the seven games in the series against the Hawks. He attempted two in the final frame of Philadelphia’s Game 1 loss, and one in Game 3, which the Sixers won 127-111. Throughout the series, he averaged just 9.8 points per game.

Simmons also shot just 15-for-45 (33%) on foul shots against Atlanta and 34.2% from the line for the 2021 playoffs overall, according to ESPN Stats & Information. Those numbers account for the worst free throw percentage in NBA playoff history for a player with at least 70 attempts.

The three-time All-Star was aware of his own struggles, and admitted as such.

“I ain’t shoot well from the line this series,” Simmons said after Game 7.

“Offensively, I wasn’t there. I didn’t do enough for my teammates. … There’s a lot of things that I need to work on,” he admitted.

Late in Game 7, Simmons had a wide open opportunity for an uncontested dunk and awkwardly gave up the ball to Matisse Thybulle — another blunder the point guard was roasted for on social media.

Embiid seemed to call Simmons out for missing the “open shot” after the game, saying that the team “didn’t get a good possession.”

Sunday’s playoff exit marks the third time in the last four seasons the Sixers were eliminated in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Meanwhile, the fifth-seeded Hawks advance to take on the Bucks. Game 1 is set for Wednesday in Milwaukee.

Simmons, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2016 NBA Draft, just finished the first year of his five-year $177 million contract with the Sixers. Philadelphia’s second-round playoff elimination has raised questions about whether or not it’s time to pull the plug on the Simmons-Joel Embiid pairing.

Is “The Process” over in Philadelphia?

Time will tell.

Truth hurts. Sad thing is that Ben Simmons trade value is so toxic right now. What is he actually worth it.

Also, 1 thing I love about Embiid. He's a blunt person, from his own game to general trash talker. Has no problem telling things as it is.

HAHAHAHAHHA!! The fan base around here hurting! dogs getting kicked and other curricular activities a happening...I see it everyday! sad and soft
oh stop. dogs arent getting kicked. maybe tvs. phillies invent new ways to lose its wild. hector neris is clockwork

Phillies I agree with you. It’s like most other places.

Eagles are a different universe especially upstairs.

The Philly fans push the narrative too, by the way

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT