ADVERTISEMENT

Sometimes It's Not How You Start

hallgrad80

All Universe
Oct 27, 2001
But how you finish . We may have started slowly with just a single commit early with Cale but we're definitely finishing strongly signing Sandro and it looks like Jordan Walker today. If we're able to add an experienced PG to this class it should complete a very good class for us and meet several needs we had going unto this season. How Brodie and Gill develop and if they do so quickly could add to the strength of this class and make it even better.

no idea how Brodie and Gill will end up, but I do think Walker/Cale/Sandro are part of the core of our future beyond Delgado/Carrington/Desi. Time will only tell if it's good enough to keep us in the top half of the Big East.

Hopefully Brodie and Gill will get a year of "schooling" from Angel which will help them develop. Would be nice to get King and Valdir Manuel on board for the future.

Reactions: Bluebeard
Wouldn't it be great if we got an early commit for the 2018 class as we did with Cale in this year's class and it was one of our early targets like King or Manuel .

Delgado tends to struggle against players with length so I for one am excited about Gill showing him some length in practice if nothing else for now.

Also thought Ish was a throw in a few years back and he's been huge so we'll see on these two guys. Either way overall with a Walker signing we'll be way better off with what we've picked up vs. lost from last year for sure.

Walker, Myles, Myles, Nzei, and Sandro is a very nice core to work from for 18-19'.

Talented players will attract other talented players too. Hope this is the beginning of a really good recruiting cycle for Seton Hall.

I have certainly been critical of Willard's recruiting other than the 2014 class (with some help), so time to eat some crow...he seems to have turned the corner with this class assuming JW commits this afternoon. Definitely nice to be able to see a solid core that will be at The Hall once the 2014 class graduates next year.

Kudo's to Willard and staff for a job well done. Duval would have been off the charts, but I'm glad they took a shot even if he ends up at Duke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT