ADVERTISEMENT

Sonogo's Strong Game

400SOAVE

All American
Jan 24, 2009
Sonogo played a huge game today. He was in there with the trees fighting big-time for rebounds.

He had eight points, six rebounds and three blocks, but he seemed to touch everything. He was everywhere. He played a lot bigger than his numbers.

Love lsh's effort. Watching him on the defensive end without looking at the ball. Movement and anticipation area to off the charts. Critical piece to the success of the team

Reactions: Bluebeard
All you need to know about Ish’s importance to the team is the steal in the passing lane and full court drive for a dunk late in the 2nd half against Louisville.

It’s undeniable that we are a better team with Ish on the court. If all is well off the court and in the classroom he needs to be logging as many minutes as Carrington, Powell, Desi, and Delgado.

We are a different team with him on the court.

WSOU announcers stated he had a +20 rating vs Georgetown. Agreed, should start the remaining games.

I think at this point Ish not starting is a bit of recurring punishment for the off the court stuff that went on. Willard wants to make sure Ish still has his head on straight every game.

Reactions: GSD118
I don't agree with it but I think Mike starting is more a reward for Nzei because down the stretch Ish will be in the game sans foul trouble.

That and Ish is so aggressive that he does get in foul trouble during games.

Reactions: lwyrup and Joe_T
He had a blocked shot and a steal yesterday that were absolutely eye popping. Derrickson - who looked like Patrick Ewing for stretches - wanted no part of him. On a meaningless play at the end of the 1H, Derrickson (I think it was him) tried to heave a 40 footer at the buzzer and Ish threw it back in his face for good measure.

It wasn't a heave it was a jumper from closer than 40 feet. But you are right it was Derrickson and Ish slapped it back in his face.

Reactions: Flnj86
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT