ADVERTISEMENT

Sotomayor and Kagan embarrassing themselves in effort to help Bidem mandate

ed odowd

All American
Gold Member
Apr 24, 2013
It is embarrassing when two supreme liberal justices make up numbers to support Biden mandate..Sotomayor said 100’000 kids in hospitals from Covid when the correct number is around 4’000 and dopey Kagan says 700 million Covid cases in the US justify the mandate.Pleas get these two clowns a staff that will educate our two affirmative action Supreme Court justices.

Sotomayor is a true disgrace. A real disappointment she is on the court, but elections have consequences. Obama nominated a partisan justice and she was confirmed. Bad record on the court for over a decade now.

Add in Gorsuch as well for overstating flu deaths at hundreds of thousands per year.

Pretty pathetic of the bunch. Should stick to the legal theory instead of getting in the weeds of the numbers they clearly don’t understand.

I’d agree Sotomator has been a poor justice from the cases I have been interested in anyway.

Add in Gorsuch as well for overstating flu deaths at hundreds of thousands per year.
That's not what he said, he said it kills hundreds, thousands every year, NOT hundreds of thousands per year, listen for yourself at the 1 hour, 50 minute mark:

That's not what he said, he said it kills hundreds, thousands every year, NOT hundreds of thousands per year, listen for yourself at the 1 hour, 50 minute mark:

I did listen, but it still sounds like hundreds of thousands to me especially since it wouldn’t make any sense in his context to say “hundreds, thousands”.

He’s trying to compare the severity of each and was implying flu was similar to Covid. Saying “why do we need a mandate for a virus that kills hundreds of thousands when we don’t do it for something that kills hundreds, thousands”?

That doesn’t make sense.

I did listen, but it still sounds like hundreds of thousands to me especially since it wouldn’t make any sense in his context to say “hundreds, thousands”.

He’s trying to compare the severity of each and was implying flu was similar to Covid. Saying “why do we need a mandate for a virus that kills hundreds of thousands when we don’t do it for something that kills hundreds, thousands”?

That doesn’t make sense.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sotomayors-false-claim-over-100-221408025.html

I think you are on your own island on this one…..

Reactions: SPK145 and Pirata

Yea, just me and the stenographer who was in the room . Several outlets have reached out to the court to see if the official transcript should be changed. We’ll see what happens.

Not sure why what you believe would be any better though.

Why should OSHA have authority for a disease that kills hundreds of thousands of people each year when they haven’t asked for authority for a diseases that kills hundreds, thousands?

Yea, just me and the stenographer who was in the room . Several outlets have reached out to the court to see if the official transcript should be changed. We’ll see what happens.

Not sure why what you believe would be any better though.

Why should OSHA have authority for a disease that kills hundreds of thousands of people each year when they haven’t asked for authority for a diseases that kills hundreds, thousands?
I’ll let you and the stenographer figure it out.

I’ll let you and the stenographer figure it out.

You can actually slow down the audio in that link. Seems clear to me that he said of, unless you think he is enunciating a comma. The court can correct it if they believe the official transcript has an error.

But in either case...

"Hundreds, thousands" is a gross underestimation of annual flu deaths. (and makes no sense in his context)

"Hundreds of thousands" is a gross overestimation of annual flu deaths.

There was no "of". Plain as day.

20,000 deaths a year.

In the context of the point he was making, hundreds...pause...thousands is not unreasonable, unless of course you just choose to hate him because he is conservative or you are simply an abject contrarian.

There was no "of". Plain as day.

20,000 deaths a year.

In the context of the point he was making, hundreds...pause...thousands is not unreasonable, unless of course you just choose to hate him because he is conservative or you are simply an abject contrarian.

Normally a good amount higher than 20k per year. Even that would be about 50% below average.
In both cases he would be wrong. "hundreds" has no place in a discussion about annual flu deaths.

Do you really believe that his argument is that if flu kills "hundreds, thousands" but we don’t mandate flu vaccines then why should we do mandates for COVID which kills hundreds OF thousands? That makes absolutely no sense.

I don't hate him I just read the transcript and then listened to the conversation and I believe the official transcript is correct.

Again, you can listen to the audio with it slowed down.
"hundreds of thousands of people." Each "of" there are abbreviated but he enunciates both.

Reactions: Pirata
The transcript has been changed to what he ACTUALLY said.

Fair enough. I hear it differently but since the court modified it, I will concede that's what he said.
Again though, I'm not sure that's any better.

He asked why we would mandate vaccines for something that kills hundreds of thousands of people because we don't for something that kills potentially 100 times less? (100x because of his gross understatement of the flu)

giphy.gif

Reactions: SHUMA04
This is really going to turn out to be the wrong mountain to die on for this administration. The mandates were based on the severity of the Delta variant. They make no sense to implement given what is going on with Omicron. Talked to the president of a large regional diagnostic reference lab today. 50% positivity rate on the Covid tests they have done in the last two weeks. 50%!

This is set up for SCOTUS to overrule. Let’s hope.

This is really going to turn out to be the wrong mountain to die on for this administration. The mandates were based on the severity of the Delta variant. They make no sense to implement given what is going on with Omicron. Talked to the president of a large regional diagnostic reference lab today. 50% positivity rate on the Covid tests they have done in the last two weeks. 50%!

50% from tests in last two weeks is absurd considering everyone is getting a test for whatever reason.

at that rate, wont we hit herd immunity?

50% from tests in last two weeks is absurd considering everyone is getting a test for whatever reason.

at that rate, wont we hit herd immunity?
These are PCR’s that need to be ordered by a physician. The positivity rate is insane. The game has changed in the last three weeks and we have not adjusted quick enough.

These are PCR’s that need to be ordered by a physician. The positivity rate is insane. The game has changed in the last three weeks and we have not adjusted quick enough.
oh i figured they were the normal pcrs you can get done at cvs drive through. dr ordered pcr at 50% doesnt seem that insane. they deal with sick people.

however my herd immunity question is still outstanding. any idea?

oh i figured they were the normal pcrs you can get done at cvs drive through. dr ordered pcr at 50% doesnt seem that insane. they deal with sick people.

however my herd immunity question is still outstanding. any idea?
Way higher than ever…not just sick people

Sotomayor is a true disgrace. A real disappointment she is on the court, but elections have consequences. Obama nominated a partisan justice and she was confirmed. Bad record on the court for over a decade now.

One of the countless democrats that were chosen based on identity and not qualifications....shes only on the court because she's a Latina woman.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
You would think…waiting for Walensky to say something
eagles, sixers, flyers games have been pretty much full the entire time. people dont seem too concerned.

yet i hear today is the record for most hospitalizations. so maybe its not all that bad?

I agree. The circumstances are much different now and the arguments in favor of the mandate no longer really apply today. The problem for the court is that they aren't going to determine when a vaccine requirement is warranted, but if OSHA has the authority to establish a mandate.

I think they probably do have the authority due to their authority to regulate workplace safety, but I do not think they should implement that mandate for Covid.

I agree. The circumstances are much different now and the arguments in favor of the mandate no longer really apply today. The problem for the court is that they aren't going to determine when a vaccine requirement is warranted, but if OSHA has the authority to establish a mandate.

I think they probably do have the authority due to their authority to regulate workplace safety, but I do not think they should implement that mandate for Covid.

The right thing to do at this point is withdraw the case.

I agree that would be the right thing to do, but at the same time it would probably be a good idea to have the precedent established for the future on where that authority should lie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT