ADVERTISEMENT

Sports Equipment

cams555

Sophomore
Oct 24, 2019
When I was younger I used to go to Eastbay to check out sports equipment that was a grade better then you would see at the local sports store. I guess in the last 10 - 15 years they went under and now are a part of Champs, but Champs is just clothes.

Does anybody have any good recommendations for sites that offer more specialized equipment? It really doesn't matter the sport but I am looking for sites that offer more of a variety then Dicks but more specific then looking on Amazon.

Thanks

What sport exactly are you looking for? Reason I ask, when looking and/or getting equipment for my kids, depending on sports I go to sites that mainly cater to that specific sport vs a site that handles all sports like Dicks.

Last edited:
What sport exactly are you looking for? Reason I ask, when looking and/or getting equipment for my kids, depending on sports I got to sites that mainly cater to that specific sport vs a site that handles all sports like Dicks.
Good call - nowadays you can go right to the manufacturer versus waiting on Dicks for a special order

Good points, I guess I am just jumping the gun. My son is young, this is more about me getting excited for the future. I was getting frustrated just browsing the products out there that you wouldn't see in a Dicks.

He does need football cleats and I was surprised how little they offered on Nike and then I checked Amazon and there was not that much more.

Good points, I guess I am just jumping the gun. My son is young, this is more about me getting excited for the future. I was getting frustrated just browsing the products out there that you wouldn't see in a Dicks.

He does need football cleats and I was surprised how little they offered on Nike and then I checked Amazon and there was not that much more.
So for cleats, we usually went directly to sneaker companies websites and/or their stores, but have also gotten at Dicks. Find the sneakers companies themselves had biggest selection, and best prices.

For baseball & softball equipment, usually go to Rawlings.com, in addition to Rawlings, they also own Easton and some other brands. I have also used sport specific sites like baseballexpress.com and softballexpress.com.

I have also used Dicks and Amazon to get stuff for other sports.

My kids never played football, so do not have huge knowledge on that gear, but teamexpress.com is parent company of sites I mentioned above, does carry football products.

Reactions: cams555
Your child is young. Buy the cheapest cleats that will fit because they will be used for weeks, not months. They will grow out, grow bored, whatever. But they won’t need long term quality.

Reactions: PROF Ed
Your child is young. Buy the cheapest cleats that will fit because they will be used for weeks, not months. They will grow out, grow bored, whatever. But they won’t need long term quality.
I second that. I had two kids use some of the cleats and they still look like new when seasons were over.

I agree with too. This board is boring at this time of year I was just trying to get some ideas .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT