ADVERTISEMENT

St John's in December

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Joel Soriano Named to BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll

The senior captain picked up second honor roll selection behind a career-high 24 points in road win over West Virginia

QUEENS, N.Y. (Dec. 4, 2023) – Senior center Joel Soriano was named to the BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll following a career-high scoring performance in the Red Storm’s 79-73 victory at West Virginia on Friday in the BIG EAST – Big 12 Battle.

Soriano propelled the Johnnies to their third straight win with 24 points, shooting 8-for-11 from the field. The Yonkers native also recorded nine boards and three blocks in 29 minutes of action.

Over the team’s three-game winning streak, Soriano has led St. John’s averaging 17.3 points and 10.0 rebounds per game while shooting 70.0 percent from the floor (21-30 FG).

Through seven games, the Johnnies rank second in Division I averaging 17.4 offensive rebounds. Soriano has been a key contributor to the team’s efforts on the offensive glass, as he sits sixth in the nation with 4.2 per game. The Preseason All-BIG EAST First Team selection also ranks 17th in Division I with 10.1 rebounds per contest.

Soriano has also been one of the nation’s most efficient shooters this season with a 69.1 field goal percentage (47-68 FG), good for eighth in Division I.

The Johnnies return to action on Wednesday, taking on Sacred Heart inside Carnesecca Arena. CBS Sports Network will carry the national broadcast with tip-off scheduled for 7 p.m.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News