ADVERTISEMENT

Tae Davis

jack 1970

All Big East
Gold Member
Feb 12, 2022
Watching the ND-Miami game.Tae Davis is starting at PF for ND.He has 8 points in the first half,has added 15 lbs to his body,handles the ball well and makes good decisions.What a front court we'd have with Samuel and the Davis brothers.Makes me sick.The NIL groups should start their presentations with videos of Samuel and Davis in Florida and ND uniforms/action.Really brings home the need to be competitive.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbraue and Hall84
I don't know the full story but from comments made here NIL money wasn't the reason Tae left. I also am still confused how Samuel got NIL money because I thought there was some weird rule international players weren't covered.
Most foreign players are not going to have a work visa that will allow them to earn money in the US. On the other hand, if he did some work in a different country, say Barbados, that would not be prohibited. I don't know that's what happened, but I do know that is a workaround.

Reactions: SHUsez
Somewhere along this road, someone reported that a young woman (an ND student I believe) was the motivating factor for Tae. No one's going to change a kid's mind under those circumstances. Let it go. Right now a lot of coaches and fans in Santa Clara are upset they lost a mostly unproductive center named Bediako.

Hurt to lose them both. But bigger issue was who we replaced them with. Lost 2 guys with talent to start at PF in P6 and replaced with them with Nganga and Tubek who had 7 total college games between them.

Not knocking them, both have talent but can't replace a 5th year guy like Tyrese and a kid with a year in your development program right away. Need $$ to attract BE players in the portal.

Hurt to lose them both. But bigger issue was who we replaced them with. Lost 2 guys with talent to start at PF in P6 and replaced with them with Nganga and Tubek who had 7 total college games between them.

Not knocking them, both have talent but can't replace a 5th year guy like Tyrese and a kid with a year in your development program right away. Need $$ to attract BE players in the portal.
Well Sha also added Bediako and EHE. Ty was the five last year.

And it’s not just on Tae, but ND has a losing record.

We need to focus on what we have, and who we keep moving forward. Isaiah Coleman and Bediako make the loss of Ty and Tae much more palatable. Like several have said, there was no chance of keeping Tae.

Well Sha also added Bediako and EHE. Ty was the five last year.

And it’s not just on Tae, but ND has a losing record.
ND was 11-21 last year after a 6-1 start. New coach with a near total program rebuild.

They have been very inconsistent year-to-year since the back-to-back Elite Eights nearly a decade ago.

ND was 11-21 last year after a 6-1 start. New coach with a near total program rebuild.

They have been very inconsistent year-to-year since the back-to-back Elite Eights nearly a decade ago.
Sure, but my point is Tae Davis as the starting 4 isn’t having a material impact on the teams performance.

If he was still here let’s say he’d be the four with Tre moving to the three and Wusu off the bench. Is that making SHU that much better? Plus he’s not even shooting 10% from 3.

Moot point because he was leaving anyway for a non basketball issue.

Either Samuel or Tae Davis would've allowed Dre to play his natural 3-spot and DAW to come off the bench. Big differences between Samuel and Tae obviously, but Tae is much further along than the other guys we have now.

But also he didn't make a huge impact last year, let's be real. He had potential and that's starting to show more at ND. He's at 9.1 PPG and 5.7 RPG in 25 MPG with 107 o-rating against a schedule much tougher than SHU"s.

Did Sha say a few times "if we can keep him..." last year about Tae? Lol.

Reactions: Bluebeard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT