ADVERTISEMENT

Team forfeits after girls basketball player allegedly hurt in play with male who identifies as female

This is only going to stop when girl’s teams start to refuse to play opposing girl’s teams that allow boys to play on the team. If they don’t, someone is going to wind up seriously injured or worse. These boys need to accept the fact that they aren’t talented enough to play on the boys team and either need to find another sport they actually can compete at or become a fan.

This is horrible..remember to trust the science… just only some of the science
Yeah, trust the science until science hurts your feelings! They need to be treated for mental illness not competing on the girl’s teams.

Yeah, trust the science until science hurts your feelings! They need to be treated for mental illness not competing on the girl’s teams.
Can’t argue with XX vs XY biology…. Whatever they want to do with there life fine- don’t care, but when it translates to harming others it’s unacceptable

Seems like good Life Off the Ship fodder...

Always the weak response from those who don't want to address the issue because it doesn't fit their political narrative. Censorship comes in many forms. Lame.

Biological boys/men have no business playing sports with biological girls/women. Period. End of discussion.

Last edited:
Always the weak response from those who don't want to address the issue because it doesn't fit their political narrative. Censorship comes in many forms. Lame.

Biological men/boys have no business playing sports with biological girls/women. Period. End of discussion.
Actually, I would just rather keep purely political topics off this page. There's a another place for those topics on this board for the people who want to stoke their rage fetish, which also keeps this board for those of us who would rather experience Seton Hall basketball without the intrusion from politics of either orientation.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Actually, I would just rather keep purely political topics off this page. There's a another place for those topics on this board for the people who want to stoke their rage fetish, which also keeps this board for those of us who would rather experience Seton Hall basketball without the intrusion from politics of either orientation.

It's not a political topic unless you make it one. It's a sports topic. Why do we allow biological men to play in women's sports? It devalues women's sports and increases injury risk, as we have seen.

I gave this some thought before I posted it here. It did happen on a BB court so for now I brought it here. Depending on the responses I certainly reserve the possibility of moving it to LOTS.

Personally I am in no way an advocate to what happened here and wanted other opinions.

Reactions: TomD82
It transcends politics. If you have a daughter or granddaughter who competes this issue is not political, it’s imperative.

Let’s play devil’s advocate here. What if, God forbid, one of our Big East members had a guy playing on their women’s team. Say our women play that team and one of our student athletes gets hurt or suffers a career ending injury at the hands of the guy playing on the opposing women’s team. Where does that conversation go, here or LOTS? Is it then a sports conversation or a political conversation?

Some things aren’t as black and white as you would like them.

It's not a political topic unless you make it one. It's a sports topic. Why do we allow biological men to play in women's sports? It devalues women's sports and increases injury risk, as we have seen.
I would say it's only a sports topic in as much as it's a basketball game. But it's not one anyone here would find even remotely interesting, nor would it have achieved any news pickup, were it not based on a politically charged topic - not something new at all, but something that a one political party has cynically turned into a wedge issue. The participation of trans athletes were approved by the International Olympic Committee 20 years ago, but only recently has it reared itself as an issue, almost exclusively among people who had absolutely zero previous interest in these sports before this issue began being exploited.

So for that reason, I'd classify it as a political topic.

As for myself, I don't have any real ground staked on this, mostly because I I don't completely have my head around the nuances of the issue. I've read enough about it, though, to give me that uncertainty, which I'm fine with admitting. I'm not trying to mold my opinion to fit a pre-determined opinion about it, which is inextricably tied to my political orientation (which itself has made quite an evolution throughout my adulthood).

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
I think that's all I'll say about it, because I have nothing else to add. I always advocate avoiding the threads you don't want to read, so this seems like one of those times. I never, ever visit the LOTS board because I'm not interested in engaging those topics on PirateCrew.com, no matter who I agree or disagree with.

Reactions: TomD82
I am a proud liberal but I am not at all comfortable with or in favor of males who choose to identify as women competing against biological women in sports. This story is an example of where these situations can go very wrong.

However, I have zero respect for opinions that go straight to the attack on 'wokeness'. I reject the use of the term and the way it has been weaponized by people on the far right. I likewise have little to no respect for posts which object to people calling for stories like this to go to LOTS, especially when the claim is made that this is "always the weak response" by the liberal side. That's a ridiculous use of the term 'always'.

Not to be overly argumentative with Halldan --who has my greatest respect-- this topic is of course sports-related but imho really belongs on Life Off The Ship.

I am a proud liberal but I am not at all comfortable with or in favor of males who choose to identify as women competing against biological women in sports. This story is an example of where these situations can go very wrong.

However, I have zero respect for opinions that go straight to the attack on 'wokeness'. I reject the use of the term and the way it has been weaponized by people on the far right. I likewise have little to no respect for posts which object to people calling for stories like this to go to LOTS, especially when the claim is made that this is "always the weak response" by the liberal side. That's a ridiculous use of the term 'always'.

Not to be overly argumentative with Halldan --who has my greatest respect-- this topic is of course sports-related but imho really belongs on Life Off The Ship.
Ok, I’ll ask you the question I posed to Source (which he ignored). Just want to get your opinion.

Let’s play devil’s advocate here. What if, God forbid, one of our Big East members had a guy playing on their women’s team. Say our women play that team and one of our student athletes gets hurt or suffers a career ending injury at the hands of the guy playing on the opposing women’s team. Where does that conversation go, here or LOTS? Is it then a sports conversation or a political conversation?

I have no issue with that opinion and if warranted and more people respond in that vein that is a strong possibility.

This is only going to stop when girl’s teams start to refuse to play opposing girl’s teams that allow boys to play on the team. If they don’t, someone is going to wind up seriously injured or worse. These boys need to accept the fact that they aren’t talented enough to play on the boys team and either need to find another sport they actually can compete at or become a fan.
This is essentially what needs to happen. Just refuse to play a team and walk off the court. As long as the opposing team is okay with it, it’s really on them.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I would say it's only a sports topic in as much as it's a basketball game. But it's not one anyone here would find even remotely interesting, nor would it have achieved any news pickup, were it not based on a politically charged topic - not something new at all, but something that a one political party has cynically turned into a wedge issue. The participation of trans athletes were approved by the International Olympic Committee 20 years ago, but only recently has it reared itself as an issue, almost exclusively among people who had absolutely zero previous interest in these sports before this issue began being exploited.

So for that reason, I'd classify it as a political topic.

As for myself, I don't have any real ground staked on this, mostly because I I don't completely have my head around the nuances of the issue. I've read enough about it, though, to give me that uncertainty, which I'm fine with admitting. I'm not trying to mold my opinion to fit a pre-determined opinion about it, which is inextricably tied to my political orientation (which itself has made quite an evolution throughout my adulthood

As a former liberal and now a proud moderate, I know You don’t have to be far right to find the extreme positions which are identified as “woke” to be troublesome.

It is a sports issue today and will, as this plays out, likely impact the Women’s college game. And since this site covers both the Men and Women Pirates, as long as the replies are civil I think this is relevant and should be hosted here.

I'm sorry, but I just have to vent on this subject. A man is a man and a woman is a woman. If a man identifies as a woman, then that man is a gay person. If a woman identifies as a man, then that woman is a gay person. That makes sense to me and is perfectly acceptable. But when a man tries to physically become a woman, that's where I have a problem. No matter what atrocities a man or woman undergo on their bodies, they are still a man or a woman. A man still has the brain of a man, a woman still has the brain of a woman. And we know that men and women are different. "Men are from Mars and women are from Venus". A man and a woman are different in so many other ways, that, aside from what medical science can do nowadays, you simply cannot make a man into a woman or vice-versa. Sometimes science goes too far. A biological male should never compete against a biological woman, or vice-versa. It just isn't right. Just as you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear; you can't make a man into a woman or vice-versa. There are plenty of gay male athletes who compete against other men. That's the way it should be. Vent over,

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam

Foolishness. I am a liberal. And letting this keep up is ridiculous. It is a slap in the face to all the women who work their asses off to get good in sports and then get beat by a person who would be a mediocre male athlete.

As a former liberal and now a proud moderate, I know You don’t have to be far right to find the extreme positions which are identified as “woke” to be troublesome.

The FAR majority of the people here are not comfortable with biological males competing against girls.
The "trust the science" and wokeness comments are unnecessarily trying to start a political argument when there really isn't one on among posters here.

The other board can be for the political arguments.

I'm sorry, but I just have to vent on this subject. A man is a man and a woman is a woman. If a man identifies as a woman, then that man is a gay person. If a woman identifies as a man, then that woman is a gay person. That makes sense to me and is perfectly acceptable.

Gender dysmorphia is not about sexual preference.
Imagine for a moment that a brain transplant was possible. You're in an accident and they put your brain into the body of a woman to survive. When you wake up, what is your gender? That's what true gender dysmorphia is. It's a clear mental illness where people feel their brain is in the wrong body.

I don't think any of us here will truly understand that experience for the people who truly suffer from gender dysmorphia, so I do try to have empathy and compassion for those who do. Though that does not extend to being overly accommodating to the point where they get to compete in sports where they have biological advantages.

Not intending to be political as I agree this is a sports website. I used the word “wokeness” as it is a euphemism for a lie. Putting a dress, etc on a guy does not make a woman. Many of us were raised to never put a hand on a woman and for good reason.

I’m happy for this to go on another board if that is what is desired.

It's ridiculous that a man can play in a women's basketball game. With that said, the term woke is so lame.

Reactions: Seton75
Imagine for a moment that a brain transplant was possible. You're in an accident and they put your brain into the body of a woman to survive. When you wake up, what is your gender? That's what true gender dysmorphia is. It's a clear mental illness where people feel their brain is in the wrong body.

I don't think any of us here will truly understand that experience for the people who truly suffer from gender dysmorphia, so I do try to have empathy and compassion for those who do. Though that does not extend to being overly accommodating to the point where they get to compete in sports where they have biological advantages.
Very well said, Merge.

Agreed. Who coined it?
No idea. I guess dumb wasn’t flashy enough.

Putting aside whether you can choose your gender, far too many folks have had reassignment procedures that they will regret. This will bring about litigation against doctors, therapists, hospitals and clinics in the next 10 years that will rival the tobacco suits.

Last edited:
Getting too political. Don't want to discuss liberals and moderates. Nor the term woke.

I will be moving this thread to LOTS shortly.

Very well said, Merge.
Yes, extremelywell-said.
Not intending to be political as I agree this is a sports website. I used the word “wokeness” as it is a euphemism for a lie. Putting a dress, etc on a guy does not make a woman. Many of us were raised to never put a hand on a woman and for good reason.

I’m happy for this to go on another board if that is what is desired.
The moment we invoke terms like "wokeness" the matter in discussion is instantly polarized. Can we please talk about issues without resorting to these dopey labels.

Ok, I’ll ask you the question I posed to Source (which he ignored). Just want to get your opinion.

I hate hypotheticals but I'll reluctantly answer this one. If a Seton Hall athlete got hurt in the scenario you mention it would be clear fodder for this board, not LOTS. My logic is simple: the hypothetical injury you posed would have yaken place "on the ship" since the injured party would be one of our athletes. The incident in the original post did not involve a Seton Hall athlete and hence it took place "off the ship".

IMHO, anything that involves instantly-polarizing labels and topics is better off on LOTS.

this is literally the plot of juwannaman. the world is a meme now.

btw come on. that dude is a behemoth out there. pathetic.

outside of the clear injury to the girl which is terrible, the play where he/she ripped the ball away is actually comical.

No idea. I guess dumb wasn’t flashy enough.

Putting aside whether you can choose your gender, far too many folks have had reassignment procedures that they will regret. This will bring about litigation against doctors, therapists, hospitals and clinics in the next 10 years that will rival the tobacco suits.

It was a rhetorical question that @sussexcopirate missed. The term was coined long ago, apparently, but usurped by the political left over the last 10-15 years. Now that the right is using it mockingly, it's a problem. Sussex County is a hell of a place to live if you're woke.

Reactions: HallX2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT