ADVERTISEMENT

That is a perfect Dawes game

SHUSA

All World
Jan 10, 2013
coming from his harshest critic admittedly. thats the exact game he needs to play. good looks, limit turnovers, and hit his free throws. less is more. i know gtown stinks but its still a road game and the other guys continued the low IQ play and he didnt. last two games help his perception. still a ways to go overcome the full body of work, but if you get that from dawes half of the time good things will happen with this team.

couldnt win that game without him tonight. was a great job

What I also noticed is that Al is moving more without the ball. Rotating out of the top of the key as his man goes to double team Kadary and he slides into the open space for a good look.

He’s waiting for his shot and catching and shooting. At the same time he’s mostly passing off when he drives.

It’s like a light bulb went off.

Keep feeding the hot hand. Didn’t think he was getting enough touches at times tonight.

Reactions: mbraue
The Dawes splits are wild this year. With this hot streak to open conference play (12/22, .545) he's gotten his season 3PT% up to .368 after the dismal start.

Look at this offensive ratings per game here (overall 112.2). I mean, wow:

USC = 52
Iowa = 94
Baylor = 50
Rutgers = 64
Missouri = 166
Connecticut = 110
Xavier = 63
Providence = 76
Marquette = 141
Georgetown = 156

What I also noticed is that Al is moving more without the ball. Rotating out of the top of the key as his man goes to double team Kadary and he slides into the open space for a good look.

He’s waiting for his shot and catching and shooting. At the same time he’s mostly passing off when he drives.

It’s like a light bulb went off.
I’ve said this a number of times on this board, “Nobody on the team wants to win more than Dawes”. You don’t hit over 90% of your free throws without spending hours in the gym practicing. Early in the season he was so pumped to do good for the team it hurt his game. He has to temper his excitement, his best is yet to come…

Great to see his incredible improvement. He carried us two games in a row in the first half. His hard work and Sha’s coaching is really paying off. Congrats to Al!!

The Dawes splits are wild this year. With this hot streak to open conference play (12/22, .545) he's gotten his season 3PT% up to .368 after the dismal start.

Look at this offensive ratings per game here (overall 112.2). I mean, wow:

USC = 52
Iowa = 94
Baylor = 50
Rutgers = 64
Missouri = 166
Connecticut = 110
Xavier = 63
Providence = 76
Marquette = 141
Georgetown = 156
Meanwhile, everyone else is 13-47 .277 on threes.

Davis 5-16
DAW 4-14
Kadary 2-8
Coleman 1-5
Sanders 1-4

Somebody is going to have to start helping out from deep.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT