ADVERTISEMENT

The Top 20 - DePaul

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003

In no particular order

1. Word for the day
Spurts. Holloway said it best in the post game when asked about how satisfied he is with his current roster, noting that the team plays well to very well in spurts, but lacks the consistency he wants from them.

2. Case in point...
Down 15-2. Then up 48-31. With the final score being 69-64.

3. What's worse
Last two home games. 26 turnovers or missing 15 foul shots?

4. My greatest fear
Coming into the game I feared a slow start with the team 'feeling themselves' again. After our first possession, a shot clock violation, my fear grew.

5. A quiet milestone
Is anyone aware that Harris has 993 points for his career?

6. Good sign or bad
In three recent wins the Pirates were down in the first half by 17, 13 and 13 points.

7. Play of the game
Richmond, not in good offensive rebounding position skies over Caleb Murphy and then drops a dime to Samuel for a dunk as Richmond doesn't even look at the finish as he runs back downcourt.

8. Burgers
Not a good sign when the few students who actually showed up are louder for a free burger than they are during the game.

9. Please stop
Someone tell Ndefo he is 1-18 from the arc.

10. Heart palpitations
Watching Richmond limping off the court on the last play of the first half and then not seeing him come out of the locker room until 10 second before the buzzer sounded to resume play.

11. Femi not being Femi
Maybe the guys in the TV booth knew something when Femi McCaffery suited up, because that Femi, 0-5 from the field, 2-6 from the line with 3 turnovers played his worst game of the year. Our Femi would never be that bad.

12. On the other end of the spectrum
What can you say about the almost 15 minutes Tae Davis was on the court. His +9, second on the team, says it all.

13. Making coffee nervous
Ode to Subblefield. My eyes haven't gotten this much play since I attended a US Open Tennis match.

14. What's so important about 10:40
Well, that's when the Hall/Jackson scored the teams first basket.

15. 17-0
That's the fast break points with the winning team having the 0. And throw in the bench points as well. DePaul 26, Seton Hall 14.

16. More likely
The Knicks being down by 21 points in the first quarter and winning or the Pirates being down 15-2 with the same result?

17. 12:05 in the second half
DePaul's first free throw make.

18. Wake up guys
DePaul's first 6 baskets were uncontested layups or dunks. With two easy misses thrown in for good measure.

19. Can't forget the big guy
Finally, Tray Jackson is doing more than hanging out at the arc shooting threes.

20. Looking up
Now it gets serious. Beat someone above you in the standings if you want to Dance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News