ADVERTISEMENT

Thinking about going to the baseball game Friday

CL82

All Big East
Oct 31, 2002
How much are tickets? Where do you park? I've been on campus for basketball games? Where is the baseball field relative to Walsh?

How much are tickets? Where do you park? I've been on campus for basketball games? Where is the baseball field relative to Walsh?
not sure about tickets but the baseball field is literally next to the parking garage which is next to walsh. so the parking garage is in between them. it takes like 30 seconds to get from walsh to the field. facing walsh its on the right side .

Reactions: LBP43 and CL82
Better off going to the softball game.Field is next to the entrance of the parking garage.

not sure about tickets but the baseball field is literally next to the parking garage which is next to walsh. so the parking garage is in between them. it takes like 30 seconds to get from walsh to the field. facing walsh its on the right side .
I can't believe I never realized that.

Campus map

Drive past Walsh and pull into the parking garage on your left. Stadium is next to field. You will get a view of the new practice facility.

Reactions: CL82
I still don't know why they have so few seats. The design is nice but a joke. If you want to have a great baseball program, you have to have some nice stands and some decent seating capacity.

I still don't know why they have so few seats. The design is nice but a joke. If you want to have a great baseball program, you have to have some nice stands and some decent seating capacity.
Does the new seating area now fill up? I haven't been to a game since they replaced the seating, but in past there were always plenty of seats available under the old bleacher seating.

capacity is about 275. At the Saturday I attended it was 80 - 90 % full. comfortable and suitable for campus size. Don't know what else people expect. This is not the SEC where they have thousands attend baseball games. It would be nice..... but

Does the new seating area now fill up? I haven't been to a game since they replaced the seating, but in past there were always plenty of seats available under the old bleacher seating.

I have not been to campus (I am out here in California) but if I was a recruit, having so few seats would be a factor in my recruitment. If you are going to have a baseball program, you want to win. Seton Hall has a great history in baseball. I know the space is small but you can do something better. I said this at the time when I saw the initial plans. But, who am I? I did not pay for it. Just a Seton Hall Alun & fan.

I have not been to campus (I am out here in California) but if I was a recruit, having so few seats would be a factor in my recruitment. If you are going to have a baseball program, you want to win. Seton Hall has a great history in baseball. I know the space is small but you can do something better. I said this at the time when I saw the initial plans. But, who am I? I did not pay for it. Just a Seton Hall Alun & fan.
So if the place had seating for 1,250, but only 300 people showed up that would be any better? These recruits understand what they are getting into coming to play baseball in northeast. The field improvements were well done in my opinion.

crop

capacity is about 275. At the Saturday I attended it was 80 - 90 % full. comfortable and suitable for campus size. Don't know what else people expect. This is not the SEC where they have thousands attend baseball games. It would be nice..... but
More bleachers could have easily been added .

You are still better off going to the Softball game. Better team going to the Big East tourney to defend their title !!!

Actual capacity states 261. I expected at least 500 seats plus the ability to add temporary seats. As Silkcitypirate said, it could have gone higher and more seats down the line. I did voice this concern when I saw the initial plans. You could have gone higher and more seats down both lines. 500 was doable.

UCONN has 1500, St. Johns has 3500, Georgetown has 1500, Nova has 1500,
Creighton plays at Charles Schwab Field Omaha
Xavier and Butler has 500

Rutgers is doing a new field deal with Middlesex College

I just want Seton Hall to be able to compete in the Northeast for recruits. Would it be reasonable to want Seton Hall to be at least in the top 4 of the Big East and have a chance to get to the NCAA tournament by winning the Big East?

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Actual capacity states 261. I expected at least 500 seats plus the ability to add temporary seats. As Silkcitypirate said, it could have gone higher and more seats down the line. I did voice this concern when I saw the initial plans. You could have gone higher and more seats down both lines. 500 was doable.

Rutgers is doing a new field deal with Middlesex College

I just want Seton Hall to be able to compete in the Northeast for recruits. Would it be reasonable to want Seton Hall to be at least in the top 4 of the Big East and have a chance to get to the NCAA tournament by winning the Big East?
If there is demand, seats can be added.

If there is demand, seats can be added.
Winning creates demand. Talent leads to winning. Don't think small Seton Hall.

The cost to make it 500 seats was not that much more.

If you are going to field baseball @ Seton Hall, you should do your best to try to win the Big East.

Go Pirates!!!

Reactions: silkcitypirate

Georgetown doesn't even have an on-campus field, they play in NoVA. And the crowd last Saturday at the SHU game would be a high-water mark for them. Could we have put in more seats? Probably. Is expansion doable, if the need and demand arises? Probably.

Reactions: lloyde dobler
Winning creates demand. Talent leads to winning. Don't think small Seton Hall.

The cost to make it 500 seats was not that much more.

If you are going to field baseball @ Seton Hall, you should do your best to try to win the Big East.

Go Pirates!!!
I agree with you. Right now the program is existing. I believe the changing of the guard to a new basketball coach, a new practice facility and now the NLI issue have been at center stage. I believe they did a nice job with the baseball field upgrades. Could it have been a tad better? Sure, but why? I would say they collectively have done a poor job in promoting the program. My gut says the Athletic Department doesn't evaluate this as any type of major problem. Is there any difference between the success of the tennis team and baseball team to the powers that be?

Reactions: SoCalBrett
".... a great baseball program..." ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT