ADVERTISEMENT

This didn't take long

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Holtmann is a very intense coach. I saw that in the post game pressers. He probably was the most intense coach (Thompson and Cooley were right up there as well) in the league.

Ohio State's Chris Holtmann suspends freshman Derek Funderburk
6:26 PM ET

Four days into his tenure as Ohio State men's basketball coach, Chris Holtmann has suspended freshman Derek Funderburk for "failure to meet team expectations," the team announced Thursday.

No timetable was given for the length of Funderburk's suspension. A spokesman said it would be determined internally.

Funderburk, a 6-foot-9 small forward, redshirted last season after signing with the Buckeyes in the 2016 recruiting class. A four-star prospect, he was their highest-rated recruit that season.

Holtmann was introduced as Buckeyes head coach on Monday, replacing the fired Thad Matta.

Holtmann spent three seasons as head coach at Butler, where he compiled a 70-31 record with three NCAA tournament appearances. The Bulldogs were 25-9 last season and made the Sweet 16.

wasn't there a Funderburk at OSU back in the early 90s that was on the Jimmy Jackson team that played us at CAA?

It was Lawrence Funderburke, as in ending with an 'e', as opposed to Funderburk. I actually thought the currently suspended Derek was related as he is around the same height and from the same state as Lawrence, but it turns out that that is not the case.

Yes indeed..it was Lawrence Funderburk. And Terry Dehere's facial on him on Super Bowl Sunday is a wonderful memory. And we won the gae, too, as I recall.
Best dunk I ever saw live. As Terry took it to him, I was saying to myself don't be crazy, then BAM!

Reactions: HallLine69
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT