ADVERTISEMENT

This is a problem with voting and access to ballots

Did anyone think this would be a problem? Pennsylvania found hundreds of thousands of dual ballots.

Going to need a 9th Supreme Court justice. Chances we will have a problem are about 90%.
Of course with a 10 % margin in the polls it should be a land slide. Right? We can always turn on the TV and watch the news for the truth.

Going to need a 9th Supreme Court justice. Chances we will have a problem are about 90%.
Of course with a 10 % margin in the polls it should be a land slide. Right? We can always turn on the TV and watch the news for the truth.
#infowars

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
#infowars
?
You started this post and I’m agreeing with you, which is rare. Do you think the good guys with the white hats are leading us down this path with mail in ballots. I’m assuming you also are expecting problems since there are no good guys and bad guys. Money making opportunity for the media (both sides) to go on for days with he said she said mail fraud stories. You can bet it’s coming to a theatre near you with all our favorite actors Nancy, chuck, Mitch and Ted. Special appearances from the attorney general and FBI. Get some popcorn and enjoy the show. Sorry I often need to find humor in all this craziness. I will be painting the walls inside my house and watching it dry.

Reactions: Hallsome and HALL85
assume hanlons razor on this one.

people should just vote in person and remove all doubt

assume hanlons razor on this one.

people should just vote in person and remove all doubt
You will be getting a far less voting population that way...what about those who are already absentee?

You will be getting a far less voting population that way...what about those who are already absentee?
im saying as a person if you are skeptical than go in person. amd honestly this whole mail in process is much more difficult than just going in person

there are in person voting options

Not in NJ, only if you're handicapped. You can bring a completed mail in ballot and hand it in at the traditional polling place or fill out a written provisional ballot on site.

Not in NJ, only if you're handicapped. You can bring a completed mail in ballot and hand it in at the traditional polling place or fill out a written provisional ballot on site.
how is handing in your ballot in person that much different from filling it out and submitting in person? tbh the traditional way if voting is very outdated

how is handing in your ballot in person that much different from filling it out and submitting in person? tbh the traditional way if voting is very outdated
Because it is completely different. No verification, no actual voting.

I do agree though that the system is antiquated. National voter ID card system would eliminate all of the potential fraud.

Reactions: SHallguy2
National voter ID card system would eliminate all of the potential fraud.

No it wouldn’t. That’s like saying an internal control at your company eliminates all potential financial fraud.

It makes fraud a little harder, but also has shown that it decreases turnout when implemented and disproportionately impacts African American turnout.

The primary goal of voter ID laws is to make it harder to vote.

I will support it if we also implement national automatic voter registration at age 18, the ID is free, and provisional ballots count until we ensure the system is working for everyone.

It's completely different. For one, we have never voted by a universal written mail in ballot before. Previously, you would go to the polling place, vote on the machine and submit your vote. Very easy and quick, not outdated at all.

Reactions: Hallsome
No it wouldn’t. That’s like saying an internal control at your company eliminates all potential financial fraud.

It makes fraud a little harder, but also has shown that it decreases turnout when implemented and disproportionately impacts African American turnout.

The primary goal of voter ID laws is to make it harder to vote.

I will support it if we also implement national automatic voter registration at age 18, the ID is free, and provisional ballots count until we ensure the system is working for everyone.
I don’t care how you implement it, but there is no reason that you shouldn’t have it because it would standardize the process and eliminate the local nonsense that we see.

Reactions: Section112
I don’t care how you implement it, but there is no reason that you shouldn’t have it because it would standardize the process and eliminate the local nonsense that we see.
Is your mandate for all elections or just presidential?

Because it is completely different. No verification, no actual voting.

I do agree though that the system is antiquated. National voter ID card system would eliminate all of the potential fraud.
it is actual voting tho?

It's completely different. For one, we have never voted by a universal written mail in ballot before. Previously, you would go to the polling place, vote on the machine and submit your vote. Very easy and quick, not outdated at all.
Maybe if you have voted in NJ, not all voting machines are created equal or with ease of logic to cast for the person you really want to vote for

but you submit your vote on that day, no?

Of course. It's submitted when you hit the "cast your vote" button. Have you never voted before? LOL.
im talking about when you hand your vote in the new way. youre submitting your vote. so the end result is not different whatsoever. seems to me that the way to submit it is irrelevant. people are submitting that day and thats that.

Go read about the 2000 election in Florida

Your arrogance is incredible. You act like you and only you know all these things.

I know what happened in the 2000 election. It was 20 years ago and has nothing to do with today.

Your arrogance is incredible. You act like you and only you know all these things.

I know what happened in the 2000 election. It was 20 years ago and has nothing to do with today.
it shows why upgrading is a good thing.

im talking about when you hand your vote in the new way. youre submitting your vote. so the end result is not different whatsoever. seems to me that the way to submit it is irrelevant. people are submitting that day and thats that.
yea its the same. have fun voting on election day.

Are there betting odds if we will know the winner by Thanksgiving? There are going to be so many issues with this election. Can someone explain to me why we couldn't have election week and not election day? There would be no 5 hour waits to vote if they did it based on 5 letters of the alphabet at a time. Instead of this election taking one week to declare a winner, it's could take weeks. People are shopping at Walmart, Target, etc. Put the voting booths in there and get it done in a week just seems to simple of a solution.

Are there betting odds if we will know the winner by Thanksgiving? There are going to be so many issues with this election. Can someone explain to me why we couldn't have election week and not election day? There would be no 5 hour waits to vote if they did it based on 5 letters of the alphabet at a time. Instead of this election taking one week to declare a winner, it's could take weeks. People are shopping at Walmart, Target, etc. Put the voting booths in there and get it done in a week just seems to simple of a solution.
You have to ask yourself why politicians would want to keep such a convoluted process in place. Two answers. One...The more ambiguous the process is, the more you can manipulate it for your own good. Or two, another good example of how inept government is because there is technology and the ability to put an automated, trackable and standardized system in place.today. If they can’t figure out how to run a simple election why would you trust the government with your healthcare?

You have to ask yourself why politicians would want to keep such a convoluted process in place. Two answers. One...The more ambiguous the process is, the more you can manipulate it for your own good. Or two, another good example of how inept government is because there is technology and the ability to put an automated, trackable and standardized system in place.today. If they can’t figure out how to run a simple election why would you trust the government with your healthcare?
govt might f up trying to provide a good healthcare situation but they arent actively trying to make a dime off sick people. really, theyll f up anything no matter what road they go down.

govt might f up trying to provide a good healthcare situation but they arent actively trying to make a dime off sick people. really, theyll f up anything no matter what road they go down.
We are a consumption based healthcare system, and it is very costly. More competition would drive prices down. Government run healthcare wouldn’t necessarily be cheaper....maybe more expensive. And most importantly, the quality of healthcare in this country is second to none. Do you want to compromise that?

We are a consumption based healthcare system, and it is very costly. More competition would drive prices down. Government run healthcare wouldn’t necessarily be cheaper....maybe more expensive. And most importantly, the quality of healthcare in this country is second to none. Do you want to compromise that?
Can you qualify your last two lines?

Not sure how this conversation moved from voting to healthcare, but there is no one pushing government run healthcare. Government would just be paying the bills. People would be making their own decisions about their health.

If Biden's plan were implemented, and people were able to opt-in to a public option - Care isn't getting more expensive. The quality of care isn't going down. All of that talk about costs going up and quality going down is just fearmongering.

This may sound obvious but one safeguard in each election district is to compare the number of registered voters compared to the number of ballots cast.The famous Al Franken win over Norm Coleman that Al won by less than 200 votes did this count afterthe recount and found in 21 districts I believe that more votes were cast than registered voters in the district.Coleman tried to appeal to the federal court but court said it was too late results had been certified.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT