ADVERTISEMENT

Today's question

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Which new recruit will have the best career at the Hall.

Brodie

Cale

Gill

Mamukelahvili

McKnight

Walker

Sight unseen except for Walker I am going to say this

Cale the most physically gifted.

Walker the best BB skill set.

Mamukelahvili the most intriguing.

Bottom line, I am going to go with the big guy. Of course when I get a chance to watch everyone in person I reserve the right to change my mind. :cool::cool::cool:

Bottom line I am going to go with the big guy. Of course when I get a chance to watch everyone in person I reserve the right to change my mind. :cool::cool::cool:

Agreed.

Reactions: Halldan1
Well, color me shocked. I thought I would be the only one to choose Mamu. Now, are we a consensus of 2 or do others agree?

Very close between three..
1. Mamu
2a. Cale
2b. Walker
3. McKnight
4.a Gill
4.b Brodie
Just guessing on only what I read on the board...see how close I am?

Bottom line I am going to go with the big guy. Of course when I get a chance to watch everyone in person I reserve the right to change my mind. :cool::cool::cool:
Euro stretch PF... you got a type dan

I say cale, athleticism cant really be taught, but skill sets get better every year. #1 recruit for a reason.

I'm going to say Mamu because 6'10-11 big men who can handle the ball and move and shoot like he does are not common. I say this with full knowledge how damn good Cale will be.

I go with Mamu because I believe he has the bigger upside and with his size that's a real asset to any program.

Ill say Walker. He seems to be a hard worker with a chip on his shoulder. That is usually a very good combination.

It's hard to say at this point, of course, but I think Cale steps in poised to make the quickest impact. That said, if he's utilized the right way, Mamu can have the biggest impact in terms of his versatility and his ability to stretch/open up the defense with his shooting. But we can't get into the situation (recruiting-wise) where he's forced to be our center. he may be 6-10, but that isn't where he brings his value.

Agree with a lot of what is being said. Right now you'd have to vote for Cale because he is the most highly ranked recruit we have. Mamu has a shot to be a really different kind of player -one that we have not seen at the Hall before. Walker is so much fun to watch and has that chip on his shoulder - he could end up being another great PG/leader at SHU. And maybe one or two of the other three recruits blow our minds too who knows.

No matter how you answer the question it is exciting that we have such talent coming in. I know I'm excited!

I'll go with Walker, who has the handle, quickness and skills plus at PG in college hoops tend to create the "electricity" , though I too initially was thinking Mamu. Plus Walker is a 4 year player, hopefully they all are!

1. Cale
2. Walker
3. Mamu
4. McKnight
5. Gill
6. Brodie

I think Nos 1 to 3 above will all be solid additions. TBD on the remainder.

I was wondering when someone would go with the chalk.

The above answer is what I most expected.

1. Cale
2. Mamu
3. Walker
4. Gill
5. McKnight
6. Brodie

I like Walker but I think we will land some other PG's that might steal minutes from him.

In order:
Cale
Mamu
Walker (Close 3rd )
McNight
Gill
Brodie (Wont last 4 seasons at the Hall)

My take on this its between two players Mamu and Walker. Mamu has such an interesting skill set that he could be someone who presents matchup problems all over the court. Walker is going to have the ball in his hands most times. He he runs the show is how well the team will perform. I think Walker will be the most fun and dynamic player we have seen since Andre Barrett.

None of this downgrades Cale who I suspect will be a steady top guard in the league by his junior year. Personally, I am looking for a long and successful career from all three players.

As posted on the Trove the other day both players have been on campus as they are staying local.
Pat will be leaving for home first then his good friend Haralds will leave shortly thereafter.

The last word I got is that they haven't practiced with the team but that may happen moving forward.

BTW, Karlis is rehabbing from a season ending injury last year and is near or maybe even at 100% now.

1. Cale
2. Mamu
3. Walker
4. Gill
5. McKnight
6. Brodie

I like Walker but I think we will land some other PG's that might steal minutes from him.

I thought the same. I have also wondered about this coming season. If Walker plays 25-30 mpg, who brings they ball up the other 10-15 minutes?

I thought the same. I have also wondered about this coming season. If Walker plays 25-30 mpg, who brings they ball up the other 10-15 minutes?

Think Walker plays closer to 18mpg his frosh year.

KC will be bringing the ball up A LOT.

Walker's not playing 25-30 minutes. Carrington will get the majority of the minutes at the point until Walker shows he's ready to earn major PT.

It won't happen early. And it will be up to Walker to accelerate the timetable to make it happen at some time during the season. .

1. Cale
2. Mamu
3. Walker
4. Gill
5. McKnight
6. Brodie

This...Cale looks like the real deal as a high D-1. Mamu and Walker are intriguing because they bring some unique skill sets.

Walker's not playing 25-30 minutes. Carrington will get the majority of the minutes at the point until Walker shows he's ready to earn major PT.

It won't happen early. And it will be up to Walker to accelerate the timetable to make it happen at some time during the season. .

I guess it won't be so bad for Carrington to get the majority of the PG minutes, since that Powell, Gordon, and Cale are on the roster.

Reactions: shupat08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT