ADVERTISEMENT

Too Funny

Joe forgot he was opposed to it before he approved it taking a page from John Kerry.

His handling of the border is a good job? lol

Nope, just that this was the right thing to do.
Shouldn't a politician be open to being wrong on a campaign promise, and doing the right thing when faced with that reality?

Shouldn't a politician be open to being wrong on a campaign promise, and doing the right thing when faced with that reality?

3 years too late. It was only after Democratic mayors began howling at him that he finally changed.

Thank goodness that Texas began shipping the migrants to Sanctuary Cities or he may have never changed his mind.

Still waiting for Biden to apologize to the mounted border patrol members he fasely and publicly accused of whipping migrants. He promised an investigation and when that narrative was proven false, he failed to step up and apologize.

Worst president ever!

Last edited:
Reactions: HALL85
KJP: "We are just complying with the Law established in 2019 by the previous administration"

Figured that would be the spin, but considering they could have blocked it if they really wanted to, its good that its going forward.

Three years later?

Yes, but I think it somewhat naive to think that Biden shares your view.

This is purely a political response to pressure.

Yes, it is good that this is happening but let's not kid ourselves to think that our president has somehow now embraced border security.

Yes, but I think it somewhat naive to think that Biden shares your view.

This is purely a political response to pressure.

Yes, it is good that this is happening but let's not kid ourselves to think that our president has somehow now embraced border security.

Political pressure forced Biden to re-examine his position, and he reversed course. Biden did it knowing that he will now get a lot of criticism from the far left of the party.

That’s exactly how politics should work.

Seems ridiculous to complain that Biden ended on the right decision but for the reason you’d want it to be.

Political pressure forced Biden to re-examine his position, and he reversed course. Biden did it knowing that he will now get a lot of criticism from the far left of the party.

Seems ridiculous to complain that Biden ended on the right decision but for the reason you’d want it to be.
So you agree that the wall is the right policy? Is it the right policy now or should we have done this all along?

And be a little honest here. He’s only doing this because of the effect it will have on the election cycle.

Last edited:

I agree with you on this one, he can always re-open the border if he gets re- elected. I’m sure the people who will vote for him will appreciate his deception. It’s the new normal.

So you agree that the wall is the right policy? Is it the right policy now or should we have done this all along?
Yes, among other things that he should have done and we should be doing on immigration.

And be a little honest here. He’s only doing this because of the effect it will have on the election cycle.

Whining because he did something you want him to do, but not for the reason you want it to be? Just seems like you want to find a way to criticize him rather than acknowledging he is doing something you wanted.

Yes, among other things that he should have done and we should be doing on immigration.

Whining because he did something you want him to do, but not for the reason you want it to be? Just seems like you want to find a way to criticize him rather than acknowledging he is doing something you wanted.
Whining…lol.

He deserves all the criticism…deal with it.

I agree with you on this one, he can always re-open the border if he gets re- elected. I’m sure the people who will vote for him will appreciate his deception. It’s the new normal.

Politicians should not be beholden to prior positions. They should adjust as the environment requires.
Clearly the border is a problem... He has enacted policies to try and prevent people from coming in without requesting asylum first in another country but we can't effectively enforce policies when it is too easy to just cross somewhere else.

To enforce immigration laws we need an effective border, though that is just part of the issue and will not stop why people want to come in the first place. I hope this opens up the dialogue about a broader immigration reform package.

Merge he waited 3 years to do something, one year before another election. You honestly think it’s finally dawned on him to make this change? It’s politically motivated, Joe is cutting deals, money talks in his world. You make our President out to be a dope, he knows exactly what he’s doing. Glad he’s acknowledging Trump had the right policy. Put up a wall it’s super inexpensive in our trillion dollar economy. We seem ok with giving billions to Ukraine but balk at 5 billion for a wall. Get the wall up and then discuss the next steps to get total control. I’m happy he’s seen the light and figured out the errors of his ways but let’s be honest

30 or so years ago I would agree whole heartedly with your post. Times were different then.

The best example was when George HW Bush reversed his position on taxes and it cost him his second term. He had campaigned on "Read my lips. No new taxes". He ended up raising taxes for the right reason but they threw his campaign quote in his face and as I said before it cost him the second term. Those days are gone.

In today's environment, this is a blue chip example of a politician reversing course to do the right thing not because he wants to do the right thing but only....ONLY because the people pulling the strings told him he has to do this because of the political consequences.

Yes, I am pleased the 20 miles of wall are being built but also quite comfortable criticizing how the decision was made. In addition, it is as other have posted, 3 years late and not nearly enough.

Last edited:
You've complained in this thread that he did something against his prior positions, not when you wanted it to happen and not for the reason you want it to be... even though you support what he did.
Mr. Pretzel….lol

Nice deflection. You won’t admit he is only doing this because it could cost them the election.

Reactions: Pirata
Mr. Pretzel….lol

Nice deflection. You won’t admit he is only doing this because it could cost them the election.

It wouldn’t cost him the election, but it is 100% for political reasons. I have never disagreed with that, and to be clear, I could not care less of the right thing happens for the wrong reasons.

May he keep doing the right things for all the wrong reasons.

Yes, I am pleased the 20 miles of wall are being built but also quite comfortable criticizing how the decision was made. In addition, it is as other have posted, 3 years late and not nearly enough.

That’s fine.
That’s not how the thread started though. It’s just impossible for some people to be glad something is happening that they agree with when they don’t support the guy who is in charge so they need to hunt for other things to criticize.

Immigration has been Biden’s biggest failure and I have said that many times here. He hasn’t done nearly enough but when he’s pissing off the dem base, he’s probably doing the right thing.

I’m not saying you need to praise him… but this is something pretty much everyone here agrees with. Why not just say it’s a step in the right direction and hope more gets done?

That’s fine.
That’s not how the thread started though. It’s just impossible for some people to be glad something is happening that they agree with when they don’t support the guy who is in charge so they need to hunt for other things to criticize.

Immigration has been Biden’s biggest failure and I have said that many times here. He hasn’t done nearly enough but when he’s pissing off the dem base, he’s probably doing the right thing.

I’m not saying you need to praise him… but this is something pretty much everyone here agrees with. Why not just say it’s a step in the right direction and hope more gets done?
Definitely a step in the right direction after setting our country back for 3 years. He did let in enough slaves to keep all of his slave owner friends happy, so I’m sure he will make out in the long run. Modern day slavery, let them in but don’t give them a path to citizenship. There is money in slavery.

That’s fine.

The thread started by calling him out for making this decision out of desperation, because of the potential impact on the election cycle versus doing it for good intentions.

To your credit, you’re the only one that has admitted they were wrong to support the wall to begin with.

You are suggesting a high road that is essentially long gone.

For fours years, anyone supporting building a wall was vilified. For some, it is a bit of payback.

Also, you cannot in good faith say that he is doing this because he thinks it is the right thing to do.

KJP stated multiple times that the this is being done because "they must follow the law".

When asked about the reversal on the wall at a recent press briefing she said four times, "we are cleaning up the mess of the prior administration"

Her comments do little to encourage responses like you suggest.

Last edited:
Also, you cannot in good faith say that he is doing this because he thinks it is the right thing to do.

KJP stated multiple times that the this is being done because "they must follow the law".

I do think they know it’s something that needs to be done because the situation at the border is getting worse, and they will use whatever political spin and cover they need to to as politicians tend to do. Ultimately, he could have blocked it if he really wanted to citing the environmental laws as cover.

I think it was a mistake that it wasn’t done sooner and that he didn’t offer more wall in exchange for broader reforms but ultimately I’m glad he did not block the construction. He really should focus on immigration next.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre clarified that President Biden does not actually want the border wall expedited by his administration.

Jean-Pierre, speaking to the press Thursday, said Biden is opposed to the border wall demanded by his Department of Homeland Security and immigration officials.

"This is a law that we are complying with. We have asked Congress multiple times to reappropriate [funding for the wall]. This is not the way that we believe is going to be effective here," she said.

He really should focus on immigration next.

Agreed.

However, he will only do it because his own party is ready to crucify him.

The situation in Chicago is erupting.

I wonder if this is all planned to give the DNC a path for Biden's exit so they can put up a realistic candidate in 2024. They could use the abject failure at the border to push both him and Kamala aside.

You are suggesting a high road that is essentially long gone.

For fours years, anyone supporting building a wall was vilified. For some, it is a bit of payback.

When asked about the reversal on the wall at a recent press briefing she said four times, "we are cleaning up the mess of the prior administration"

Her comments do little to encourage responses like you suggest.

Press secretary giving us the road map forward for democratic party, happy they are changing course but the damage has been done. Very funny "they must follow the law" how can anyone with above average intelligence listen to these statements and defend this position. Dem supporters look like fools trying to defend the statements above. This was the best they could do? We have folks on this board that could have presented a better argument. If they can pull this off anything is possible. What a pickle, millions of new people in our country with no path to citizenship, rising prices, and a housing shortage equals homelessness explosion. Millions working off the books for almost no money living 12 people in a room looking for food. Have to assume human exploitation is a winning formula.

Biden doesn't get points for creating a huge problem and then reluctantly putting a bandaid over a huge wound.

Typical government. Create a problem in the first place and then claim to help solve the problem they created in the first place.

Please entertain us with the logic that led to that conclusion.
The high road is not just a philosophy; each person can choose to take the high road. It's perfectly fine to be critical of Biden's decision but labelling it too funny is the opposite of the high road. Your friend never passes up an opportunity to be a gutter bum.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Would you say calling him a gutter bum is taking the high road?

It seems you're the one that took the conversation into the gutter.

You could have provided a comment on the issue but you chose name calling.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT