ADVERTISEMENT

Transfers

deheremike

All American
Jun 17, 2001
So what transfers are folks interested in getting? Lots of them to choose from.

Peter Kiss from Quinnipiac is asking for his release, and he definitely would be a player that I would look into, he definitely was way better than a Maac level player.

Peter Kiss from Quinnipiac is asking for his release, and he definitely would be a player that I would look into, he definitely was way better than a Maac level player.
that Kiss guy laid it on us in our game vs them, was good

Dickerson from Washington, who we are actively pursuing, would be a monster get for 2018. That would check so many boxes.

Dickerson has a very similar game to Delgado. He may be a tad bit more athletic (Angel a better rebounder). There will be many teams involved trying to land him. Can play in any conference in country.

Dickerson from Washington, who we are actively pursuing, would be a monster get for 2018. That would check so many boxes.

Dickerson has a very similar game to Delgado. He may be a tad bit more athletic (Angel a better rebounder). There will be many teams involved trying to land him. Can play in any conference in country.
Dickerson is a Stud! Would love him but with him and Nzei in 18, we would be very undersized.

Fascinating pick. It's clear he did well in that league and is 6'5. If you watch some of the youtube videos he has a weird release but it is very quick. One issue is that his 3FG% is pretty low.

Noah Dickerson is exactly what we need for 2018. Picking up him and Valdir would be a fantastic front court replacement for the current frontline.

Sean Obi is graduating and transferring from duke. He didn't play much and was injured this past season.
He played his freshman year at Rice where he averaged 11 pts and 9 boards.

He would be a nice piece to add, especially if Angel leaves.

There are approximately 250 announced transfers a number of which are graduate seniors eligible to play immediately . It's a pool of talent that has been good for SH and I'm fairly confident that the staff is looking at it closely and if there's a talent out there that fits one of our needs it should be persued. Having said that not having to rely on that pool of talent should always be our goal and bringing talented freshman in , watching them develop and have roster stability is the preferred way to have consistent success.

Stephen Jiggets. Grad transfer pg from FDU
Cut his list to six. Shu, south Florida, GW, UMass, Fordham, and pacific.
13.5 ppg 4.2 assists.
Per rothstein.

Not good at all, Seton Hall can do better.
I completely agree if he's filling the starting role. But I would think it would be a decent/ good pickup if it's for the backup pg position... what do you think?.. I know very little about the player.

I completely agree if he's filling the starting role. But I would think it would be a decent/ good pickup if it's for the backup pg position... what do you think?.. I know very little about the player.

Low level competition, lots of turnovers, atrocious against Seton Hall this past season.

Reactions: deheremike
To the people saying "we are just filling back up roles", you should have learned more from the Willard era. It's just as likely (if not more) we miss out on Duval and then the cries will be:

"No one ever could have possibly known we wouldn't get Duval and be left with only backup PGs on the roster. It was a total surprise to everyone and Willard could never ever be blamed for this."

Other programs in our conference can reload or at the very least keep a top flight front line of players. We have no one at PG right now. No one for 2017. No one for 2018. If we already had a top flight PG I would understand the desire to stock some back up positions, but this exact situation is a replay of at least 2 other times in the Willard era.

To be a top basketball program, you don't recruit backups with rare exception. The backups on your team should be the players you recruit to be starters that don't meet expectations.

To be a top basketball program, you don't recruit backups with rare exception. The backups on your team should be the players you recruit to be starters that don't meet expectations.

Agreed, or at least backups should be the younger players who you plan to take over a year or two from now.

With the exception of Kentucky which team has 10 potential starters? Every team recruits guys and gets guys they know they are going to recruit over. To think otherwise is crazy.

There should be absolutely no excuse for this program not bringing in a high caliber freshman PG this year. This staff has had three classes to bring in that type of player, I.e. the 2015 , the 2016 and the 2017 classes and we're 0-3 in doing so . In that 3 year period our PG recruiting has resulted in a transfer who had a history of conduct issues that continued at SH and who left the team contributing nothing and a graduate senior who was adequate but as a one year player you don't build stability and continuity at that critical position. Right now with the Spring signing period rapidly approaching , other then Duval, our recruiting appears to be focused on immediately eligible transfers , none of which appear to be quality players that are considering us.

With the exception of Kentucky which team has 10 potential starters? Every team recruits guys and gets guys they know they are going to recruit over. To think otherwise is crazy.

Just looking at Xavier or Marquette's verbalcommits page now, you can see that they've got solid kids at every position and even their backups look very solid. Us grabbing a kid now at PG who would not be suitable to take the reigns if our "all-in" with Duval doesn't pan out would be a mistake unless they have another kid even more suitable ready to go.

Right now they can't give away the keys to the car.

I'm hoping beyond hope they think our Duval chances are at least 75/25. Signing period begins in 7 days for Spring.

Just looking at Xavier or Marquette's verbalcommits page now, you can see that they've got solid kids at every position and even their backups look very solid. Us grabbing a kid now at PG who would not be suitable to take the reigns if our "all-in" with Duval doesn't pan out would be a mistake unless they have another kid even more suitable ready to go.

Right now they can't give away the keys to the car.

I'm hoping beyond hope they think our Duval chances are at least 75/25. Signing period begins in 7 days for Spring.

Is there at all the possibility that we potentially have another graduate transfer should Duval not come. But maybe that graduate transfer wants to play and if Duval comes here he won't come here, so we need to have a plan should Duval come as much as a plan should he not come.

Last edited:

Green Bay Phoenix talent Kerem Kanter is going to graduate and transfer from the school, a source told FanRag Sports. The big man will also take advantage of the NBA Draft entry rules, and will test the waters by tossing his name in the professional hat. He will not sign with an agent.

Having played less than 20 minutes per game for Green Bay, while only averaging 11.3 points and 6.3 rebounds per game, Kanter is not on anyone’s mock draft boards. He can, however, receive important feedback from NBA scouts and developmental experts.

Per NCAA transfer rules, provided he does not sign with an agent and withdraws his name by May, Kanter will remain eligible at the collegiate level. Furthermore, as a grad-transfer, he will be immediately eligible to play next season.

Kerem is the brother of Oklahoma City Thunder forward Enes Kanter.

Prior to joining the Green Bay basketball program, he averaged 17.0 points and 9.0 rebounds per game in 2013-14 at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida.

The 6-10 big man has improved rather dramatically each season he has been at the collegiate level.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/green-bays-kerem-kanter-test-nba-draft-transfer/

If SHU had a plan in place or scholarships filled, that would be baffling, scrambling for players is par for the course.
Either we aren't as good of a destination as we advertise or they are swinging for the wrong fences. Cale is a great get just need more of that caliber player at every position.

Last edited:
Is there at all the possibility that we potentially have another graduate transfer should Duval not come. But maybe that graduate transfer wants to play and if Duval comes here he won't come here, so we need to have a plan should Duval come as much as a plan should he not come.

Potentially..... of course. Possibility.... sure.

The issue is that Duval is currently giving a guesstimate that his decision will come April or May. Waiting until May is going to almost certainly affect our position with other good recruits that would help us take a step forward next year. Frankly, I hope we aren't hanging our hat on either Duval or a Graduate transfer who won't decide on us until Duval does. That maximizes the chance we get neither in May, and are left holding our hat.

The best answer is you recruit a four year kid who is a serious high major prospect for 4 years. That was supposed to be IW2, Alvarado, or now Walker. That's us grooming for the future. Then if Duval says no you grab a graduate transfer and let Walker/said transfer compete for the lead spot. This looks less and less likely. What's baffling is us looking at clear bench players who would only be here for a year.

Let's bring in the next Ollie Taylor. He was an awesome point for Seton Hall. A Juco transfer I believe. I have a good feeling things will fall our way.

HoopsFan
The issue isn't whether SH has a plan to address its need to find a point guard whether it be its first choice Duval or failing to sign him who is that point guard. Even assuming they do have such a plan the question becomes how well they've executed that plan. Certainly no one can criticize the effort they've made in trying to get Duval to commit to us but what has become most concerning is that our options if Duval signs elsewhere, and that's a high possibility , are uninspiring and don't appear to solve a clear need to find a PG who will give us what we need at the point for multiple years.

HoopsFan
The issue isn't whether SH has a plan to address its need to find a point guard whether it be its first choice Duval or failing to sign him who is that point guard. Even assuming they do have such a plan the question becomes how well they've executed that plan. Certainly no one can criticize the effort they've made in trying to get Duval to commit to us but what has become most concerning is that our options if Duval signs elsewhere, and that's a high possibility , are uninspiring and don't appear to solve a clear need to find a PG who will give us what we need at the point for multiple years.

80 while we do have a problem that needs to be solved so does everybody else. With all the transfers and there will be more, probably less than 5% of all schools are not looking fill voids at this point and those are the super elite programs. Look around our conference everyone is in a position with needs. No fanbase has a reason to feel inspired until the recruiting process is over and the rosters are set. It's time for the coaches around the country to get to work and the fanbases to be patient.

Reactions: HallBall'n
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT