ADVERTISEMENT

Trove tidbit

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
From our latest article with Rivals National Recruiting reporter Rob Cassidy

Part 2

Trove: Shifting gears to some of the prototypical bigs in the class – Seton Hall has been recruiting Stephen Emmanuel from Dream City Christian in Arizona and Godswill Eheriene from Long Island Lutheran.

Rob: When Godswill is healthy, he’s pretty darn good. He’s battled some injuries, which has stunted his development a little, but when he’s going, he’s one of the guys who is a force on the glass. He missed a big chunk of time last summer, but he’s been healthier this summer and starting to put his name on the map. People are starting to like him. He’s one of those old school back to the basket, power player types. You’d like him to be a better shooter at 6’9, but that could improve with more work.

I don’t really know what his recruitment is like or where it is because he would scale up a barbed wire fence to get away from doing an interview. He's been tough for me to track down, so I really only deal with his coach and don’t have a great idea on where he’s looking or who he’s even considering because every time I've tried to talk to him, he's found a backdoor of the gym and peaced out. Your guess is as good as mine with him.

Trove: That old school banger type definitely fits into the shot sort of profile or mold that Sha likes in his bigs. He’s not afraid to feed the post early and often to help open things up to get his guards going downhill.

Rob: That is probably why he likes Emmanuel , who I can’t say enough good things about. He knows what he is. He's not going to pull up for outside. He is a one of the best rim protectors in his class in my opinion. He has come a long way in the last year just as a rebounder, as a defender. He's got some agility, too. He's got some post game, so he’s not like a total banger. His face up game has come along in the last months as well, so I don't think he’s scratched the surface yet. I really do think he's one of these kids that is going to get better and better and better. He’s another one of those guys that we could be talking about a lot differently next year.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT