ADVERTISEMENT

Trove tidbits

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
From part one in our Zack Cziryak interview with Jon Rothstein

.................The transfer Rothstein is most confident in making that impact felt on this year’s Seton Hall roster is Dawes, who should provide an instant offensive jolt with his shooting ability.

"I've always felt that Al-Amir Dawes was as comfortable in his own skin as any guard in the ACC the last couple of years because he knows what he's good at and he's good at what he knows,” Rothstein said. “And I think, you look at one thing that's never going to go away when you talk about needs for winning teams, the uncanny ability to shoot the basketball. The last two years, he's been right at 39% from three.”

“I wouldn't expect him to be, you know, an all-Big East first team caliber player, but now all of a sudden there's somebody next to Kadary Richmond who can take pressure off of him and open up driving lane opportunities,” he continued. “I mean, this guy last year, again, made over 80 3s and now you add that to some of the other capabilities that this team has from a shooting perspective. All of a sudden now there are guys on the floor that can extend the defense."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT