ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccine mandate beginning Jan 10 at the Rock...... makes no sense

PiratePride

All American
Jun 4, 2001
Vaccinated people are being impacted by the latest strain of Omicron. The vaccine does not protect from Omicron it seems. All the vaccine mandate at the Rock will do is ensure that ONLY vaccinated people will be infected. And they will be. EVERYONE is rolling the dice on Omicron.

fwiw wells fargo advertised similar but in the fine print u can show up with a negative test. they even sell them there.

PiratePride,

The vaccine DOES PROTECT! You are misinformed as to what you think the vaccine does and the reality! The vast majority of the people in the hospital and dying are NOT vaccinated! Be it Delta or Omicron! Vaccines were NEVER ever promoted as stopping you from getting the virus! They best vaccines we have be it Moderna or Pfiser were promoted as being 90% or so protective of hospitalization or death! Not 100% but 90% that is why people should still be social distancing and wearing masks even if vaccinated! Ovoid getting virus load! (look that up)

I repeat none of the vaccines for covid were ever promoted as ensuring you don't get it!

Also besides being vaccinated you are still supposed to wear a mask to get in and wear it during the game unless eating or drinking! Also for those wearing stupid cloth masks....don't bother they are virtually useless!

PiratePride,

The vaccine DOES PROTECT! You are misinformed as to what you think the vaccine does and the reality! The vast majority of the people in the hospital and dying are NOT vaccinated! Be it Delta or Omicron! Vaccines were NEVER ever promoted as stopping you from getting the virus! They best vaccines we have be it Moderna or Pfiser were promoted as being 90% or so protective of hospitalization or death! Not 100% but 90% that is why people should still be social distancing and wearing masks even if vaccinated! Ovoid getting virus load! (look that up)

I repeat none of the vaccines for covid were ever promoted as ensuring you don;t get it!
Then why call it a vaccine?

Why not? You think all vaccines are 100% protective against getting the virus? Especially a virus that mutates? You heard of the Flu right? We get a new Flu vaccine every year and the one I got this past fall I understand may not work against one of the strains that is going around now!

Do I need to go through the list of other vaccines?

Newsweek contacted several experts to ask about the efficacy of vaccines and the claim that is rare for any to be 100 percent effective. Though there was a consensus that this is the case, the experts emphasized the benefits and usefulness of vaccination.

Speaking to Newsweek, Richard Kennedy PhD, co-Director at the Mayo Clinic Vaccine Research Group, and an immunologist, said: "Have you ever taken aspirin, acetaminophen, or ibuprofen for a headache and it hasn't worked? Have you ever had heartburn that would go away no matter how many antacids you took?"

He added that no medicine or vaccine is 100 percent effective, just like there are no 100 percent effective surgeries, diets, or exercise regimens. Kennedy said this is in part due to the way that vaccines and other medicines are initially tested.

That's the whole point. Why mandate if the vaccinated can still catch or spread it. Fear of one's hospitalization or death should be a personal choice based on that person's willingness to take a risk.

Reactions: shu09
Super LOTS thread here. My take, I wish more companies/localities would do this.

elmo-faint.gif

I was told that anyone that starts a covid discussion on this forum would be punished appropriately. Another example that shows a double standard on this board.

• Haha
Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I was told that anyone that starts a covid discussion on this forum would be punished appropriately. Another example that shows a double standard on this board.
You should have been banned a long time ago. You should welcome any leniency from Dan and yes, this thread should be trashed.

PiratePride,

I repeat none of the vaccines for covid were ever promoted as ensuring you don't get it!

Also besides being vaccinated you are still supposed to wear a mask to get in and wear it during the game unless eating or drinking! Also for those wearing stupid cloth masks....don't bother they are virtually useless!
you missed my point by a mile

I have not been on the board for a while. Since the mandate is brandy new I thought it was worth a discussion.
To be clear. I am vaccinated. My post was not an anti vaccine post. It is to point out the fallacy of the mandate in view of the fact that it seems vaccinated people are just as likely to get the Omicron strain as unvaccinated. It actually gives the vaccinated a false sense of security against Omicron.

Reactions: shu09
It actually gives the vaccinated a false sense of security against Omicron.

You're right in the fallacy of the mandate.
It was decided when the circumstances were different and the mandate made more sense (though I would still personally argue unnecessary) and it's not easy to revise guidelines based on the guess that the circumstances we see today with Omicron will be consistent going forward.

But it's not a false sense of security. It appears everyone is going to get infected if you haven't already, and you are significantly less likely to have a severe infection if you are vaccinated, and even less likely if you received the booster.

Good news and bad news. Experts think omicron is peaking. Which is good news. The bad news is a much worse variant is predicted in the next several months. This is the way we will be living for the next few years! I warned this pandemic would drag on for the next several years!

Good news and bad news. Experts think omicron is peaking. Which is good news. The bad news is a much worse variant is predicted in the next several months. This is the way we will be living for the next few years! I warned this pandemic would drag on for the next several years!

It’s already dragged on a few years! End this crap and learn to live with another type of cold during cold and flu season!

It’s already dragged on a few years! End this crap and learn to live with another type of cold during cold and flu season!
1736 covid deaths yesterday in the United states

Can you please provide how many common cold deaths there were yesterday in the United states? Thanks

1736 covid deaths yesterday in the United states

Can you please provide how many common cold deaths there were yesterday in the United states? Thanks
Probably none since the only thing anyone gets or dies from anymore is Covid. Covid has been the cure for all other medical issues, probably since the insurance companies pay more for Covid than anything else so it’s a big moneymaker as well.

Probably none since the only thing anyone gets or dies from anymore is Covid. Covid has been the cure for all other medical issues, probably since the insurance companies pay more for Covid than anything else so it’s a big moneymaker as well.

No.

Deaths
2017 - 2.8 million
2018 - 2.8 million
2019 - 2.9 million
2020 - 3.4 million
2021 - 3.4 million

Notice something the last two years being about 400-500k higher than the previous years?
Almost like 800k+ have died from Covid in addition to all of the other causes?

PiratePride,

Without going line-by-line over this, then shouldn't Newark just require attendees to have a negative rapid test in the hours prior to an event at the arena?

Without going line-by-line over this, then shouldn't Newark just require attendees to have a negative rapid test in the hours prior to an event at the arena?
this makes the most sensw logically, but not logistically.

however, tho wells fargo makes people show their vax status, there is fine print that says a negative test can be used instead. the arena even sells them apparently (ive never tried)

there could be similar fine print with the pru. wels fargo is also due to city ordinance.

I have not been on the board for a while. Since the mandate is brandy new I thought it was worth a discussion.
To be clear. I am vaccinated. My post was not an anti vaccine post. It is to point out the fallacy of the mandate in view of the fact that it seems vaccinated people are just as likely to get the Omicron strain as unvaccinated. It actually gives the vaccinated a false sense of security against Omicron.
The vaccine does protect against getting it. My wife and I are vaccinated. We have been exposed to multiple people recently that had CoVid including 4 kids who were over my house. We have not gotten sick since we were originally infected back in early April of 2020.

This disease affects people so differently. Your antibodies in your body may have a sufficient level for only two months or it can last almost a year. It is very dependent on the individual.

Again vaccines efficacy rate is never 100%. Even polio when it came out has an efficacy rate according to President Eisenhower of 60-80%.

This variant is not the original CoVid. Let it rip through the population. If your not vaccinated, so be it. But live with those consequences.

Time to drop all mandates and move forward.
I’m sure neither administration ever expected more than 65% of the population to get and stay fully vaccinated, and the constant drumbeat and vaccine shaming has only further divided the country. We are at 62% base and 22% fully (booster). You notice that the CDC won’t change the definition to include the booster because that number will never get close to 62%.

Now we’re going to send free masks and tests out. Do you think the guidance will be clear? I doubt it. We should better prepared know full well that a large percentage of the population would not remain compliant with the vaccines.

Reactions: SHUSA
I’m sure neither administration ever expected more than 65% of the population to get and stay fully vaccinated

Considering about 9% of the country was not eligible until November, and another 6% is still not eligible they probably did expect close to where we are now.

and the constant drumbeat and vaccine shaming has only further divided the country.

It's not shaming to want people to understand that if you're between 18-65 and unvaccinated, the risk of being hospitalized due to Covid is about 1600% higher than those who are vaccinated. If you're over over 65 it's 1200%.

But instead, cities, businesses and governments are instituting more of them in January. Which tells you its not about a virus, which I have been saying all along.

The changes were directly because of uncertainty related to a change in the dynamic of the pandemic though.

Considering about 9% of the country was not eligible until November, and another 6% is still not eligible they probably did expect close to where we are now.

It's not shaming to want people to understand that if you're between 18-65 and unvaccinated, the risk of being hospitalized due to Covid is about 1600% higher than those who are vaccinated. If you're over over 65 it's 1200%.
The fully boosted numbers will never come close to 62%.Why haven’t they change the definition now?

And let’s face it, people trust the governments and MSM math less and less. Like saying ICUs are at 94% because of Covid yet normally ICU capacity is normally between 85 and 95%.

Reactions: bac2therac
The fully boosted numbers will never come close to 62%.Why haven’t they change the definition now?

Because it's just not that easy.
As Cern noted above, it really depends on the individual and a person who had a very effective response to the first two doses may have more antibodies at 6 months than someone who did not have as effective of a response at 2 months. The first person doesn't necessarily need a booster while the second one would.

Eventually time will catch up and anyone requiring a vaccination will not consider 2 shots a year ago to be fully vaccinated, just like anyone who requires a flu shot would not consider last years flu shot to count.

And let’s face it, people trust the governments and MSM math less and less. Like saying ICUs are at 94% because of Covid yet normally ICU capacity is normally between 85 and 95%.

Back in 2020, when the virus first got to NJ, there were more people in the ICU because of just Covid than the total of all people in the ICU in NJ today. There were definitely valid capacity concerns because of Covid throughout the pandemic. Each state had to plan for and deal with their own surges at certain points, but the risks of capacity issues have since been mitigated because the far majority of adults have been vaccinated.

Because it's just not that easy.
As Cern noted above, it really depends on the individual and a person who had a very effective response to the first two doses may have more antibodies at 6 months than someone who did not have as effective of a response at 2 months. The first person doesn't necessarily need a booster while the second one would.

Eventually time will catch up and anyone requiring a vaccination will not consider 2 shots a year ago to be fully vaccinated, just like anyone who requires a flu shot would not consider last years flu shot to count.

Back in 2020, when the virus first got to NJ, there were more people in the ICU because of just Covid than the total of all people in the ICU in NJ today. There were definitely valid capacity concerns because of Covid throughout the pandemic. Each state had to plan for and deal with their own surges at certain points, but the risks of capacity issues have since been mitigated because the far majority of adults have been vaccinated.
That makes no sense though. The administration is telling you to get boosted. No if‘s and‘s or butts. But they will not change the definition. Why?
And with regards to ICU capacity I’m not talking at the beginning of the pandemic. They are still misrepresenting the numbers today.

That makes no sense though. The administration is telling you to get boosted. No if‘s and‘s or butts. But they will not change the definition. Why?

Because "go have your blood tested and if your antibodies are at x, then you do not need a booster and if they are below that, a booster is required if you wish to reduce your risks of covid" is a far less effective message.

At x months, get a booster is fine. Like "get an annual flu shot" is fine even though your protection is gone after 6 months.

And with regards to ICU capacity I’m not talking at the beginning of the pandemic. They are still misrepresenting the numbers today.

Such as?

Because "go have your blood tested and if your antibodies are at x, then you do not need a booster and if they are below that, a booster is required if you wish to reduce your risks of covid" is a far less effective message.

At x months, get a booster is fine. Like "get an annual flu shot" is fine even though your protection is gone after 6 months.

Such as?
You didn’t answer the question…why not change the definition?

And just watch the MSM any night to get the “facts” on ICU capacity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT