ADVERTISEMENT

Walker commits to Seton Hall, will enroll in fall

@ArtieLange9 tonight:

Randy-Zepplin-1.jpg

Dan, posters will get like the old NYY fan/WFAN poster Jerome, who used to call in on December 9th and rant the lack of a second string 3rd baseman...lol

I don't have a complaint. But I would like to see him on campus this summer to take a class and also be spending a couple of hours a day in the weight room. After which he needs to be guzzling down some protein smoothies.

I don't have a complaint. But I would like to see him on campus this summer to take a class and also be spending a couple of hours a day in the weight room. After which he needs to be guzzling down some protein smoothies.

I am sure this will happen 100%

Yes he will enroll in the summer as all the incoming 2017 recruits will. The headline was very weird given that 99,9% of class of 2017 commits will enroll at their schools for summer session 2 at the latest

The pick up games at Walsh this summer will be fun, that's for sure.

(This was done deal on Friday.)
All I could think of on Friday was Ralph Kramden's "The old squeeze play" he told Ed Norton about his job. I think Willard played hard ball and basically said, if Walker really wants to be a Pirate, but had something holding him back, I'm going to bring Wheeler in and as he's ready to commit as our PG, have Sha call and let JW hear this....Suddenly, we had him commit to us.

Reactions: HallLine69
All I could think of on Friday was Ralph Kramden's "The old squeeze play" he told Ed Norton about his job. I think Willard played hard ball and basically said, if Walker really wants to be a Pirate, but had something holding him back, I'm going to bring Wheeler in and as he's ready to commit as our PG, have Sha call and let JW hear this....Suddenly, we had him commit to us.

Thanks for that Honeymooners laugh. I remember that one well.

Reactions: Bluebeard

I have a different theory, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter how it went down.

Jordan is going to be a Pirate and I am super excited!

No absolutely not. Wheeler was told after his visit that we would not be recruiting him further. No games were played with Walker. He wanted to commit but a few things had to be ironed out to make it so.

When I saw the headline that Walker would enroll in the fall it raised several questions in my mind.
1. Will he not sign a NLOI during the spring signing period .
2. If he doesn't sign till the fall will that preclude him from going to summer school on SH's dime.
3.if he defers signing till the fall he retains the option to sign elsewhere if SH were to add another PG or he just changes his mind.
4. Was the headline just a poor choice of words or was it accurate and a conscious decision made by him.

Yes he will enroll in the summer as all the incoming 2017 recruits will. The headline was very weird given that 99,9% of class of 2017 commits will enroll at their schools for summer session 2 at the latest

He needs to get started on that John McCallum milk and squats routine.

I have a different theory, but at the end of the day it doesn't matter how it went down.

Jordan is going to be a Pirate and I am super excited!

Congrats Artie. You have been on top of this kid for months and I think you are right on. I think he can develop into a BE starter during the OOC.

Reactions: Bluebeard
When I saw the headline that Walker would enroll in the fall it raised several questions in my mind.
1. Will he not sign a NLOI during the spring signing period .
2. If he doesn't sign till the fall will that preclude him from going to summer school on SH's dime.
3.if he defers signing till the fall he retains the option to sign elsewhere if SH were to add another PG or he just changes his mind.
4. Was the headline just a poor choice of words or was it accurate and a conscious decision made by him.
He signed his NLOI.

I heard the same thing about Wheeler coming here after his visit last week as well. Who knows? I'm happy Walker is here at the end of the day. Lots of expectations for this upcoming season now.

I heard the same thing about Wheeler coming here after his visit last week as well. Who knows? I'm happy Walker is here at the end of the day. Lots of expectations for this upcoming season now.
Respectfully, I'll repeat...there is no who knows. He wasn't offered and was told at the end of his visit that we were no longer recruiting him. That's why he posted that night he was canceling his Auburn visit. He was gong to Penn State and wanted to end the process.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT