ADVERTISEMENT

Wed Workout

Coleman reminding me of Jared Rhoden with that midrange and his frame.

Also, you can see the program highlighting him a bit this offseason. Hoping he takes that big next step in Year 2.

Reactions: pirate AI
Coleman reminding me of Jared Rhoden with that midrange and his frame.

Also, you can see the program highlighting him a bit this offseason. Hoping he takes that big next step in Year 2.
Different environment now with instead of five senior starters last year and having to find his role versus being a key starter and leader. Some games it felt like Coleman deferred to the seniors and didn’t assert himself as much as he could have. Maybe that was at Sha’s direction.

His defense got better as the season went on. He has the ability to make a jump this year, but still need to temper expectations.

He reminds me of Rhoden with a better shot. Question is does he have Rhoden's defensive tenacity? Not quite there yet last year. Let's hope it comes this year otherwise he will be a sub as Sha values defense.

Different environment now with instead of five senior starters last year and having to find his role versus being a key starter and leader. Some games it felt like Coleman deferred to the seniors and didn’t assert himself as much as he could have. Maybe that was at Sha’s direction.

His defense got better as the season went on. He has the ability to make a jump this year, but still need to temper expectations.
Pete, I understand what you are saying and I agree he deferred on offense to the starters. But I am willing to take a major leap of faith seeing his ability, athleticism and strongly believing by season's end he was our best defender bar none.

This team has a lot of athleticism and a strong defensive feel. I believe at the beginning of the season we will see the offense struggle a little but on the other side of the court the D will dominate.

Pete, I understand what you are saying and I agree he deferred on offense to the starters. But I am willing to take a major leap of faith seeing his ability, athleticism and strongly believing by season's end he was our best defender bar none.

This team has a lot of athleticism and a strong defensive feel. I believe at the beginning of the season we will see the offense struggle a little but on the other side of the court the D will dominate.
Hopefully we can finish the job on the D end with strong defensive rebounding.
Consensus is we will often go with a smaller lineup and as such need a guard to fill the Kadary role rebounding wise.

Hopefully we can finish the job on the D end with strong defensive rebounding.
Consensus is we will often go with a smaller lineup and as such need a guard to fill the Kadary role rebounding wise.
Yes, KRs rebounds will be a chore to replace. Coleman and Dual both have the size to help here. And wusu of course. We had a small lineup last year too. Not sure who replaces Jaden but last year at this time I had no idea if JB would help us. The only PF option off the bench last year was Tubek and he is gonna be better this year and we have Gus and Aligbe too.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Question for Dan and anyone really-Why do we not see Dual and Jenkins at all? And Zion. I know someone mentioned some guys have not made it on campus yet due to academic requirements at their previous schools. But it’s late June now. Curious as to why is the whole team not on campus yet?

As I remember he was good in the non-conference part of the year & then wasn't really a factor once the Big East started. If we are counting on Coleman as one of our primary players he's going to have to make a massive jump.

Reactions: Piratz and shupat08
As I remember he was good in the non-conference part of the year & then wasn't really a factor once the Big East started. If we are counting on Coleman as one of our primary players he's going to have to make a massive jump.
I cant remember seeing him on the court and wishing he was sitting. He deferred too much to the Srs offensively but showed me enough to think he is ready for a starters' role.

To my eye Coleman has the athletic ability and drive to excel on defense. Last year it was more about positioning and awareness when he struggled. Too much overplay or losing his man on a back door cut because he was out of position. I love the way he comes back and can rebound in traffic.

I have no doubt Sha is instilling that awareness on defense. Dual may be better defensively out of the gate but agree that Coleman, Dual, Aligbe and Wusu should be a very good defensive core.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT