ADVERTISEMENT

What time is the Knicks game?

They did not open the game the right way and Indiana was so relaxed. You give them a pass for not winning because of all the injured parts. Let's be fair that was atrocious defense way before Brunson's injury. Hard to believe with that crowd at MSG for a Game 7. Oh well, back to the Portal. Been telling everyone that Seton Hall is the only team that can slow down the Villanova players.

Reactions: Flnj86 and SOpirate
The Knicks injuries were brutal but still, no NBA team should be giving up 130 on their home floor in game 7. Thibs has consistently been out coached in big games throughout his career and Rick Carlisle made him look like an amateur today.

Reactions: Flnj86
They were uncompetitive in 3 of the final 4 games in the series.

Today wasn’t pretty. Still Thibs did a great job overall with the team IMO given all their injuries.

I don’t think Thibs should be fired, but it’s certainly fair to question whether he’s a championship caliber coach.

Yes, injuries were brutal for this Knicks team, but they still managed a 2-0 series lead and were up 9 in the 4th quarter of game 3. From that point on Carlisle coached circles around Thibs and it’s not like Indiana is a star laden team. There’s just no excuse for not winning the series.

Last playoffs the Knicks were healthy and still were eliminated by Erik Spoelstra and a banged up 8th seeded Miami Heat team. Again, a series there’s no excuse not to win.

Those are two golden opportunities to reach the conference finals that were squandered. Thibs deserves much credit for rejuvenating the franchise, and he will undoubtedly get another shot at a deep playoff run next year. But if the Knicks fail to advance past the 2nd round again I think it will be time to bring in a coach with proven playoff success.

Yes, injuries were brutal for this Knicks team, but they still managed a 2-0 series lead and were up 9 in the 4th quarter of game 3.

To be fair though, that 2-0 lead also included having Anunoby.
They were already small without Randall and Mitchel, and just didn't have the size to compete once Anunoby went down. Hart played his ass of this series but he can't guard the 4.

How many other teams could compete without their 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th highest paid players?

To be fair though, that 2-0 lead also included having Anunoby.
They were already small without Randall and Mitchel, and just didn't have the size to compete once Anunoby went down. Hart played his ass of this series but he can't guard the 4.

How many other teams could compete without their 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th highest paid players?
It’s fair to point out injuries, but I also think it’s fair to look at Thib’s past playoff record. He made it to the conference finals his first season in Chicago but hasn’t been back since. His teams consistently breakdown physically in the playoffs.

To me getting eliminated by the heat last season was a bigger disappointment. They were without Tyler Herro and Jimmy butler rolled his ankle yet Spoelstra still found a way to get the job done.

I don’t think Thibs should be fired, but it’s certainly fair to question whether he’s a championship caliber coach.

Yes, injuries were brutal for this Knicks team, but they still managed a 2-0 series lead and were up 9 in the 4th quarter of game 3. From that point on Carlisle coached circles around Thibs and it’s not like Indiana is a star laden team. There’s just no excuse for not winning the series.

Last playoffs the Knicks were healthy and still were eliminated by Erik Spoelstra and a banged up 8th seeded Miami Heat team. Again, a series there’s no excuse not to win.

Those are two golden opportunities to reach the conference finals that were squandered. Thibs deserves much credit for rejuvenating the franchise, and he will undoubtedly get another shot at a deep playoff run next year. But if the Knicks fail to advance past the 2nd round again I think it will be time to bring in a coach with proven playoff success.
Game 5 the media crucified Carlisle for his coaching compared to Thibs who I believe went small with Mcbride who had an excellent game.

Look at the Bulls since firing Thibs, and then you can reach your conclusion on whether it is a good idea to fire Thibs. He has his warts, but he's certainly better than likely alternatives.

Reactions: SHUTAPS76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT