ADVERTISEMENT

What's in A Nickname? A Reason to Belong

love non political content and your articles/

as for nickname , does anyone have a favorite shu player nickname? Eugene Teague was mine... the Dancing Bear

Reactions: silkcitypirate
love non political content and your articles/

as for nickname , does anyone have a favorite shu player nickname? Eugene Teague was mine... the Dancing Bear
Thanks. Being a retired ad agency dude, I write to keep my brain engaged. It is interesting that in college hoops, there are few true nicknames. Mine might be Fu. Most creative is Sticks but we all know how that turned out. Appreciate the reads.

Thanks. Being a retired ad agency dude, I write to keep my brain engaged. It is interesting that in college hoops, there are few true nicknames. Mine might be Fu. Most creative is Sticks but we all know how that turned out. Appreciate the reads.
oh god sticks lol. mamu was fun to say but obv not creative. MAMU.

CT, I think we are close in age so I think back to some of those basketball guys back then as a kid.

Walt Frazier - Clyde
Willis Reed - The Captain
Zelmo Beaty - Zeke
Marvin Barnes - Bad News
Daryll Dawkins - Chocolate Thunder
Allen Iverson - AI
Earl Monroe - Pearl

CT, I think we are close in age so I think back to some of those basketball guys back then as a kid.

Walt Frazier - Clyde
Willis Reed - The Captain
Zelmo Beaty - Zeke
Marvin Barnes - Bad News
Daryll Dawkins - Chocolate Thunder
Allen Iverson - AI
Earl Monroe - Pearl
I am 67 heading toward 68. Born and raised CT boy that is a Celtic and Red Sox fan but a diehard G-men fan. Love everything sports and all things Setonia given my four years were the best of my life in South Orange. Loved and hated those Knick teams. I was Hondo, Red Cowens et all. All about LT and the Tuna. My Sox - El Tiante. Pudge, The Rooster, Eck et all. Of course Big Papi. Nice to connect with an fellow age contemporary. Of course I still let kids on my lawn and don't yell at clouds yet. It's coming.

I am 67 heading toward 68. Born and raised CT boy that is a Celtic and Red Sox fan but a diehard G-men fan. Love everything sports and all things Setonia given my four years were the best of my life in South Orange. Loved and hated those Knick teams. I was Hondo, Red Cowens et all. All about LT and the Tuna. My Sox - El Tiante. Pudge, The Rooster, Eck et all. Of course Big Papi. Nice to connect with an fellow age contemporary. Of course I still let kids on my lawn and don't yell at clouds yet. It's coming.
66 heading to 67 and I think you did a great job characterizing the rivalries. I get the G-Men allegiance as the AFL (and Patriots) were still in the early stages.

I'm sure you loved more of the Celtic/Knick games that I did as it seemed like you got the better of us most seasons. Of all the guys I despised, Don Nelson was the Celtic I hated the most. He just didn't look like a basketball player but had so many big shots. Yankees were so bad in the late 60's and early 70's, no one was nickname worth, outside of "The Mick" as his career was winding down. Red Sox had some awesome nicknames...lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT