• 10's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cams555

Sophomore
Oct 24, 2019
What era do you think is the best era for sport?

In my opinion the 90's was the peak and then it started going down hill from there.
  • Basketball was at its height with nobody bigger then Michael Jordan and the Bulls
  • Tiger put golf on the main stage for the second half of the 90's
  • Football has always grown but I think from a talent and entertainment value its been steady throughout multiple decades. We have yet to see another RB like Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice i plus you had the entertainment of Dion.
  • Its not one of the top errors for baseball as steroids were going strong but we didn't know it yet. The Yankee teams from the 90's brought great drama and entertainment value.
  • Hockey took off due to the invention of the inline skate and the Mighty Ducks movie.
I also dont remember a time where sports was so prevalent culturally. Name another time where fashion was dictated by sport. Starter jackets were everywhere. The signature shoe was started in the 80's I think but took off in the 90's. People were treating sports cards with as much value as the stock market (granted the market got flooded ). I would start a list of sports movies from the 90's but I could go on and on.

That's my pitch, what is yours?

Reactions: mzadnik
Yeah, I would agree with that. Not just sports but society as a whole.

Reactions: mzadnik
Mid-90s were good to me, personally: Yankees and Devils at the top of their leagues.
Around that same time, though, many of the greats I admired as a kid were hanging it up.

I'm going with the 80s. The 90s had a baseball and hockey strike, needed the steroids to bring the game back, and kind of set up the disaster of the 00's. 90s were also a time when ESPN was highlighting the huge boom hits in the NFL where concussions type hits were promoted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT