ADVERTISEMENT

Why is mental illness being pushed on us so hard?

It's bizarre but if you drank Bud Light or bought Nike you were supporting shitty products well before they did this.

• Haha
Reactions: Merge
First Bud light puts this man who thinks he's a woman on their cans and now Nike is promoting him to model sports bras.
Make it make sense please.

I guess you are saying that Trans people have a mental illness for thinking they are the opposite gender? Listen, I have no idea why a beer company would put anyone's face on a beer can. If you are going to choose a trans person to model bras, make it someone who looks like a very hot woman. There are plenty of trans women who look completely like a woman. So Why choose Dylan? I don't get it. But, it is not a mental illness.

We need to have a common sense approach to Trans people. People can live life how they want it. However, just because you choose to live life as a woman, does not give you the right to play in women's sports where you have a genetic advantage which makes it unfair. Now, if the person transitioned before hitting puberty, I may be convinced that would be an exception. I just don't know enough about it. But generally, common sense dictates that in sports, a man that transitions to a woman gives that person an extraordinary advantage that is not right.

I guess you are saying that Trans people have a mental illness for thinking they are the opposite gender?

I tend to disagree there. I know gender dysmorphia isn't classified as one (it used to be), but I don't really understand why it isn't to be honest.

There are plenty of trans women who look completely like a woman. So Why choose Dylan? I don't get it.

I don't really get it either but Dylan has millions of followers.

I'll never understand the trans thing. Like, how do you even change yourself? I couldn't fathom it or even know how to do it. Not sure if it is a mental illness or not, but it's definitely a different mindset created by a certain subculture. It is far different than sexual orientation, which I believe you are born with.

That said, people can live their lives how they want to. I don't agree with it being pushed on society though, as it only encourages it. Cascading effect.

I'll never understand the trans thing. Like, how do you even change yourself? I couldn't fathom it or even know how to do it. Not sure if it is a mental illness or not, but it's definitely a different mindset created by a certain subculture. It is far different than sexual orientation, which I believe you are born with.

That said, people can live their lives how they want to. I don't agree with it being pushed on society though, as it only encourages it. Cascading effect.
Have you not seen a boy who was ultra feminine and acted like a girl? I have and I have seen them grow up to be feminine teens to when they got to be an adult, they started their transition. This person was always very feminine and that person was born that way and identified that way. So, why not live the live you were supposed to live. I have no issue with that at all.

Perhaps, my only complaint is if you are going to transition, please look like a girl and can pass as a girl. I do not agree that people seeing trans people will now start saying hey I am trans. There has always been trans people in society. Rock songs are full of them from the 60's like Take Walk on the Wild Side and Lola. This isn't anything new.

Tend to agree wit the cascading part. It's a tough balance. I do think that gender dysmorphia is real and people who really suffer with it shouldn't be shunned. Though in our efforts to accept those who suffer from it, I think we've pushed it too far.

Tend to agree wit the cascading part. It's a tough balance. I do think that gender dysmorphia is real and people who really suffer with it shouldn't be shunned. Though in our efforts to accept those who suffer from it, I think we've pushed it too far.
All of the literature on suicide (thought about, attempted, committed, etc.) points to transgender population having much higher rates. The media tries to portray this as being the result of discrimination or abuse, but I haven't seen hard data to support that.

I'm no psycologist, but could there be a large percentage of gender dysmorphic individuals that have other mental health issues and look at transitioning as a potential solution when the underlying issue is unrelated or much deeper? Suicide numbers don't decline after transitioning, in fact, I believe they increase.

Reactions: SOpirate
The media's agenda is to divide people based on race, orientation, pretty much anything. They are trying to build this narrative that America is a discriminatory, racist country. Unfortunately, many people believe it when America is anything but that. Division sells and allows people and entities with power to gain control.

budweiser isnt pushing anything. they have many endorsers. were they pushing twins back in the day? private companies can do whatever they want and its usually profit driven.

If you transition from one gender to another and that makes you a happier person, go for it. If you then want people to refer to you as your "new gender", fine. I don't understand the they/them thing though. How can anyone expect people to use plural pronouns for a single person? For society to to try force that on us is outrageous. If we don't use the they/them pronouns we are now transphobic.

Having prepubescents kids transition is crazy. There are tons of cases of people regretting their transition. When the child becomes an adult, he or she should be mature enough to make that decision on their own. Some states allowing doctors to perform sex change surgeries on children without parental consent is mindboggling.

Trans athletes in sports is another topic. Biological women are having their opportunities ripped out from under them. Records are being broken at an alarming rate and in contact sports, biological women are being injured by their stronger trans opponents.

Lea Thomas being allowed to pull her penis out and changing in front of the girls on the team is another issue. Several girls on the team have come out with concerns about that. I'm sure this is not the only case where this has been an issue, it is just the most publicized.

Reactions: shu09
The pronoun thing is just the most F'd up thing that has come out of this. My daughter in a medical class had two people in class that would constantly stop the professor as she was giving her class to correct her that she was using wrong pronouns and terms to refer to people. At first the prof took it but then finally blew up one day and told the whole class that she was teaching them about medical conditions and those conditions vary depending on if its a male or female. She said she had no choice but to teach them that way if they actually wanted to learn medicine. That prof was brought up on charges from two crazies in class which were later resolved.

I also know a very seasoned professional who refused to add his pronouns to his email signature at Cisco. He was instructed to do so or he would face penalty or termination.
English teachers are rolling in their graves.

The world has gone way too far. I call people by their names. That should not be offensive to anyone.

Just think of all the ships that have sailed the seas thinking they were "He" or "They". Maybe that is why some of them sank? Perhaps also some of them may have been gay. Just because they have a propeller does not make them a "She"!

Last edited:
I tend to disagree there. I know gender dysmorphia isn't classified as one (it used to be), but I don't really understand why it isn't to be honest.

It isn't because of societal pressures, and psychological associations cave in really easily. Prior to the Stonewall Riots, homosexuality was a diagnosed disorder, per the DSM. That conveniently disappeared, as has gender dysphoria, and mental health professionals are now are supporting transitioning, rather than having thoughtful dialogue and analysis. In the meantime, co-morbid psychological illness is off the charts, but "nothing to see here." Gone too far indeed.

No matter what a biological male does to his body he is still a male.

You can change your hormones, cut your penis off and grow breasts but you are still just pretending to be a woman or believing that you are a woman, but you are still a man.

If that is what you want to do as a man then go for it but don't ask the rest of us to accept that you are actually a woman.

And accordingly, don't play women's sports and stay out of the women's locker room. You are still a man.

Go Riley Gaines. Screw Rapinoe.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPK145 and HALL85
Rock songs are full of them from the 60's like Take Walk on the Wild Side

Wild side was about crossdressing prostitutes.

FWIW, there are two bass tracks. One is a string bass and the other is an electric. Unique sound when the two were combined.

The overall Transformer album was excellent. Wish I didn't throw away my vinyl . He got a little help from Bowie.

Perfect Day and Vicious were quite good, Perfect Day for the lyrics, Vicious for the tune.

The Olympics borrowed Perfect Day with the snowboarding piece.

its so funny all the reactions of the dumb southern republicans destroying their bud light cans and replace them with other brands who support LGBT (theyre just too stupid to know). totally got em!! has always been a moral wasteland of the country.

its so funny all the reactions of the dumb southern republicans destroying their bud light cans and replace them with other brands who support LGBT (theyre just too stupid to know). totally got em!! has always been a moral wasteland of the country.
Is that why more people from NY and CA are moving to those states?

I don't think most of them care which companies support and don't support a particular topic. They just don't want it thrown in their face. That's exactly what the bud light can does. Go spend a billion dollars on any social cause you want just don't throw it in anyones face. Just think there's someone out there who thinks you're just too stupid to know there are more letters after LGBT.

Last edited:
I don't think most of them care which companies support and don't support a particular topic. They just don't want it thrown in their face. That's exactly what the bud light can does. Go spend a billion dollars on any social cause you want just don't throw it in anyones face. Just think there's someone out there who thinks you're just too stupid to know there are more letters after LGBT.
i abbreviated the q and a, and the plus, got me!! what a win for you.

btw idk what refreshingly proud and rainbows is, but certainly seems more thrown in your face than a picture of a person.

i abbreviated the q and a, and the plus, got me!! what a win for you.

btw idk what refreshingly proud and rainbows is, but certainly seems more thrown in your face than a picture of a person.
You forgot the i and the 2S.

A picture on the product is more in your face than a commercial. If you don't like it you can change the channel. I doubt people are going to spend their time taping up their beer cans like a hockey stick so they don't have to look at it.

You forgot the i and the 2S.

A picture on the product is more in your face than a commercial. If you don't like it you can change the channel. I doubt people are going to spend their time taping up their beer cans like a hockey stick so they don't have to look at it.
is it more in your face than a commercial? you cant choose to see a commercial. id actually say a commercial is by definition a PROMOTION. so in terms of shoving in your face jts way worse. whag about rainbow on the can?

people arent taping up their cans, theyre wasting their time filming themselves destroying their cans. living rent free in their brains. they probably have some recessed feelings going on inside. perhaps you know more about that?

Another example of mental illness and not because they’re trans.

They would’ve killed this girl if they could’ve gotten to her. Her offense: arguing that biological men should not compete in women’s sports.

Reactions: shu09
is it more in your face than a commercial? you cant choose to see a commercial. id actually say a commercial is by definition a PROMOTION. so in terms of shoving in your face jts way worse. whag about rainbow on the can?

people arent taping up their cans, theyre wasting their time filming themselves destroying their cans. living rent free in their brains. they probably have some recessed feelings going on inside. perhaps you know more about that?
You can't choose to change the channel? And a person on a can isn't a PROMOTION?

Another example of mental illness and not because they’re trans.

They would’ve killed this girl if they could’ve gotten to her. Her offense: arguing that biological men should not compete in women’s sports.

Even more alarming, the school PRAISES the mob.

Following the mayhem, Jamillah Moore, vice president for Student Affairs & Enrollment Management, emailed students thanking them for taking part in the event.

“It took tremendous bravery to stand in a challenging space,” Moore wrote. “I am proud of the moments where we listened and asked insightful questions.”

“I am also proud of the moments when our students demonstrated the value of free speech and the right to protest peacefully,” she added.

Not to be overly hyperbolic, but this response from supposed “leaders” in higher education to mob violence taking place on their campus is something out of Stalin’s playbook.

If you transition from one gender to another and that makes you a happier person, go for it. If you then want people to refer to you as your "new gender", fine. I don't understand the they/them thing though. How can anyone expect people to use plural pronouns for a single person? For society to to try force that on us is outrageous. If we don't use the they/them pronouns we are now transphobic.

Having prepubescents kids transition is crazy. There are tons of cases of people regretting their transition. When the child becomes an adult, he or she should be mature enough to make that decision on their own. Some states allowing doctors to perform sex change surgeries on children without parental consent is mindboggling.

Trans athletes in sports is another topic. Biological women are having their opportunities ripped out from under them. Records are being broken at an alarming rate and in contact sports, biological women are being injured by their stronger trans opponents.

Lea Thomas being allowed to pull her penis out and changing in front of the girls on the team is another issue. Several girls on the team have come out with concerns about that. I'm sure this is not the only case where this has been an issue, it is just the most publicized.
Agree that allowing any of this to occur without parental consent is extremely disturbing.

My ultimate bipartisan compromise would be enacting a federal minimum age to purchase a firearm that doubles as the minimum age you can receive any type of gender transition treatments. Feel like that would keep both sides honest.

Reactions: SHUMatt
Wild side was about crossdressing prostitutes.

FWIW, there are two bass tracks. One is a string bass and the other is an electric. Unique sound when the two were combined.

The overall Transformer album was excellent. Wish I didn't throw away my vinyl . He got a little help from Bowie.

Perfect Day and Vicious were quite good, Perfect Day for the lyrics, Vicious for the tune.

The Olympics borrowed Perfect Day with the snowboarding piece.
I thought Candy Darling was transexual which is one of the story lines. But I could be wrong.

Hard to say with Candy Darling.

She was definitely a cross-dresser and it's hard to say if she ultimately identified as a female or a male.

Clearly she had troubled life and tragically died at 29.

Those were different times again. Seems she found some comfort living in the Wahrol environment.

I've always liked Lou Reed's music.

Interesting tidbit is that he was in ROTC at Syracuse. I grew up on Long Island and he grew up a few towns over from me.

Reactions: cernjSHU
you are forced to buy the can? no the can itself is the product not the promotion. you having a hard time grasping?
No the beer on the inside is the product. They can put it in one of those cardboard iced tea or milk boxes. The product is on the inside. The can, the box, the jug it's in is a promotional product. Just like when Coke put names on the bottles, it's the same Coke whether it says Mike, Diane, or Tom on the label. The bottle and the label is promotional gimick/promotional item. I never heard anyone complain when they buy a draught beer, they didn't get the product (the can).

No the beer on the inside is the product. They can put it in one of those cardboard iced tea or milk boxes. The product is on the inside. The can, the box, the jug it's in is a promotional product. Just like when Coke put names on the bottles, it's the same Coke whether it says Mike, Diane, or Tom on the label. The bottle and the label is promotional gimick/promotional item.
so you can buy the bud light without the can? impressive. also impressive is your attempt to navigate around this being some sort of outrage. its called package design and its part of the product.

the southern republican snowflakes have created a streisand effect. i would have never even known this was a thing until they started blabbering like idiots. i think woke has morphed into a term to showcase their insecurities with particular subjects.

also impressive is your attempt to navigate around this being some sort of outrage. its called package design and its part of the product.
That's called promotion. We know certain products by their unique packaging. You know Fiji water by the shape of the bottle. It makes it stand out. Nobody is buying that bottle empty. They're buying it for what's inside. The package design is to set themselves apart.

I wonder if SHUSA has ever been to the South. Nicest people ever, but keep bashing them.
This always makes me crack up. “Southern republicans” “rednecks” “hillbillies” etc. would be the first people to give you the shirt off their backs with no thought to who you are or what your political affiliation is.

Reactions: HALL85 and shu09
You have two choices:

1. Shut up and buy piss Bud Light

2. Shut up and don't buy piss Bud Light

Americans are too stupid to remember this in a month after they move on to arguing over the next culture controversy. Bud Light will lose nothing from this gimmick.

Last edited:
Reactions: SoOrange84
This always makes me crack up. “Southern republicans” “rednecks” “hillbillies” etc. would be the first people to give you the shirt off their backs with no thought to who you are or what your political affiliation is.
They are also the people that serve in our military and protect his right to say stupid stuff…

. Rock songs are full of them from the 60's like Take Walk on the Wild Side and Lola. This isn't anything new.
Movies too.

Dog Day afternoon picked up an academy award and a bunch of information.

Leon was played by Susan sarandon's son Chris.

At some point in the scene you see the cops in the background snickering. They also have Leon getting checked out of a psych ward.

It was reflective of the thinking in the '70s.

My favorite line in the movie was by Sal (John Cazale, RIP): "Wyoming"

Sal:

You have two choices:

1. Shut up and buy piss Bud Light

2. Shut up and don't buy piss Bud Light

Americans are too stupid to remember this in a month after they move on to arguing over the next culture controversy. Bud Light will lose nothing from this gimmick.

Coors light is far, far worse, but if I'm going to have a beer, not bothering with "light" anything. And Bud Light, and A-B overall, have lost huge in the early aftermath.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT