2. 4 star Carey
3. 5 star King.

All that could change moving forward

Mostly likely (achievable) top 3

1. 4 star Manuel
2. 4 star Carey
3. 5 star King.

Yup and have to add Reid as I think Seton Hall really needs a center as well.

If the Blue Bloods offer, especially Kentucky the locals have virtually no shot.

SHU, RU and SJU were in it early because he wasn't playing well until about mid season or so. Once he started to show intensity his play was off the charts.

Mostly likely (achievable) top 3

1. 4 star Manuel
2. 4 star Carey
3. 5 star King.

Because that can change moving forward I would hope we have a large numbers of players that constitute our Plan B as the 2018 class is so important to the continued success of the program. Please no more reaches, projects or non Big East caliber players.

We are involved with at least 10 VERY high level players and then others who are a notch below.

Names are on the Trove.

We are involved with at least 10 VERY high level players and then others who are a notch below.

Names are on the Trove.

Dan is there a guy that you believe that if he commits to SHU will have 3 or 4 others follow him?

This. What I said in another thread. Though Rutgers folks tell me they have a legit shot still.

If the Blue Bloods offer, especially Kentucky the locals have virtually no shot.

SHU, RU and SJU were in it early because he wasn't playing well until about mid season or so. Once he started to show intensity his play was off the charts.

Dan is there a guy that you believe that if he commits to SHU will have 3 or 4 others follow him?
The obvious answer would be Qunerly. But the most likely one would be King since his teammates are 4 & 5 star players.

It's time to turn our wish list into reality and hopefully get that early one or two commits that can help aid in getting the rest of your class filled out. The way I see it the priority by position is as follows:
1. A legitimate center
2. A PG , hopefully with size
3. A SF and
4. A PF
5. With Powell, Cale and Gordon I see adding a SG as being on the bottom of our priority list. However, if a high quality SG is interested and can also play the SF as well then you find room for him.

1. Reid
2. King
3. Carey
4. Manuel
*I'd move Quinerly to #1 if he were a more realistic option.

I heard UNC is involved with King now. He also mentioned about waiting til next spring to sign. I don't see this ending well for us.

I don't think King is a realistic get from what I have heard. He also separated himself from the rest of the SportsU team. I think he is Notre Dame's to lose right now but watch out for UNC.

Manuel and Carey are more realistic.

And I had heard Cuse with King as well, though continue to hear we are well positioned.

Dan on Luther as I mentioned earlier I've heard St Johns and Notre Dame.

I don't think King is a realistic get from what I have heard. He also separated himself from the rest of the SportsU team. I think he is Notre Dame's to lose right now but watch out for UNC.

King - Notre Dame's to lose? You must mean Luther Muhammad. As for King, the more schools that get involved, you would think the less likely he will attend SH. I know it's been hinted that we have some type of connection to King in case he wants to stay close to home. At this point, I'd sign on the dotted line for Carey and Manuel but that won't be enough to rebuild and keep up in the upper half of the BE. If we could add Jake Forrester that would be a very good core of 3 players.

Last edited:
Notre Dame just added Top 50 combo guard Prentiss Hubb. It was speculated that he was Nova's 2nd backcourt priority behind Quinerly. Hopefully it may make ND less attractive to Carey and Muhammad who are our top 2 combo-guard priorities.

King - Notre Dame's to lose? You must mean Luther Muhammad. As for King, the more schools that get involved, you would think the less likely he will attend SH. I know it's been hinted that we have some type of connection to King in case he wants to stay close to home. At this point, I'd sign on the dotted line for Carey and Manuel but that won't be enough to rebuild and keep up in the upper half of the BE. If we could add Jake Forrester that would be a very good core of 3 players.

You are right it's Muhammad that really likes Notre Dame. I think it will keep us in the top half. Manuel, Carey, Powell, Cale, Sandro is a good group but would depend how we use the two scholarships we have available this year and two more next year if we get Carey and Manuel.

One thing is certain as we're now in mid - May and that is some of our targets will take us off their list, others will add schools to their list and some of our priority targets will commit elsewhere . We'll also see new names added to our list and that sequence is what all schools go thru with very, very minor exceptions and even with those few schools they don't get everyone they want.

What our 2018 class will look like is anyone's guess but what we all can agree on is that the 2018 class is vital for us to remain in the top half of the conference.

You are right it's Muhammad that really likes Notre Dame. I think it will keep us in the top half. Manuel, Carey, Powell, Cale, Sandro is a good group but would depend how we use the two scholarships we have available this year and two more next year if we get Carey and Manuel.

No mention of Jordan Walker? How quickly they forget ...

The Lithuanian[Vitas?] SF from Ontario, plus Valdir and Jalen Carey; Presto-we're back in business

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT