ADVERTISEMENT

Workouts have started

Gus is a big body that will be fine as long as he can use it to his advantage down low. We have seen lots of kids at the 4 or 5 with big bodies that were scoring machines. Exactly what we need.
It is June let just wait till at least Sept./Oct. to see the shape he is in . The most important part is his stamina and his ability to go up and down court. In half court sets his wide body is an advantage .

Gonna be fun,,, Looking forward to watching Gus this year... but Gotta lose that that gut, that's no Michael Cooper physique but maybe it was just the camera angle. Thanks for posting Dan!!!!

Reactions: SHU AL 84
Thanks Dan! Any tidbits/videos or surprises from these early workouts are very much appreciated.

One thing we have not had in a really long time was a big man who could score in many different ways near the basket , I am really rooting for Gus to be that guy in the future.
I agree, I hope we can keep him, I feel he could be one of our top scorers. Would be great if he turns out to be a quicker version of Robbie Avilla.

If the Gus Bus puts up Avila #'s then we hit the lottery. I believe he will average 12 minutes and 7 pts this year but be a starter the following year. He need to be able to compete on D and transform his body to keep up with BE players.

Reactions: PF58
Thanks Dan! Great post as usual! Everybody rightly on board with Gus! I also liked the long lean look of Coleman, our next star! Did I see Dylan? Is he officially on board?

It appears our roster is set. Kind-of hard to follow all the maneuvering. Could someone please post it here. Thanks.

Lol so now Right wingers like to consume healthy foods? Man we need the season to start soon. Have fun with your canola oil boss, enjoy the inflamation
yup. cant fry food in olive oil!

perhaps we found a nickname for that player. Big Canola.

• Haha
Reactions: Piratz
This is just dumb. Avila was a total stud. Nobody knows what Yalden can do, if anything. Pump the breaks, man.
Spot on,,, if we get Avila (recruit composite #78) numbers out of Yalden (128) we will be in great shape but at this point all we have is commentary. I do have high hopes!

Reactions: SHU Advisory
Don't get me wrong, I greatly admire Avila and am not comparing him to Yalden. But late in the game missing those 2 bombs, especially the one early in the shot clock was the reason the Pirates won the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT