ADVERTISEMENT

Wusu to Portal...but

Interesting -- Pitino doesn't want him --just do not see a big market

Addae-Wusu is a solid player overall. He is a good guy to have in your rotation, but we were playing him like 35MPG; he’s never been that kind of starter and the offensive game was exposed a bit because of it. The offensive game just wasn’t there, even on basic layups. I thought he’d give us more than Femi, but it was basically a wash. There are others like him in the portal.

He can guard multiple positions, is physical, and is experienced. I was hoping for continuity there too. Those are good things to have. But alas, this is life in college basketball now.

Opens the door for Coleman to be a no-doubt starter at the 3.

Addae-Wusu is a solid player overall. There are many other solid players in the portal. I think DAW is a good guy to have in your rotation, but we were playing him like 35MPG; he’s never been that kind of starter and the offensive game was exposed a bit because of it. The offensive game just wasn’t there, even on basic layups. I thought he’d give us more than Femi, but it was basically a wash. He can guard multiple positions, is physical, and is experienced. I was hoping for continuity there too. Those are good things to have.

But alas, this is life in college basketball now.

I liked him defensively, and he hit a few big shots for us but he was otherwise a liability on offense.
Didn't really care if he stayed or not but I thought him staying meant we were more likely than not to keep Richmond. That feels less likely now.

I'm not certain when comparing their stats but I thought Wusu was a big upgrade from Femi, especially on the defensive end.
Both are strong defensive players (Femi is better) and struggling offensive players (Wusu is slightly better). Neither is a needle mover.

Bigger picture, the whole offseason is going to turn on what Richmond decides to do. If he leaves, it's a complete rebuild so losing Wusu is no big deal. If Richmond comes back, some continuity with guys like Dylan and Coleman would be helpful.

If he came back it would have been great because you have an experienced player coming back and leading. If he doesn’t, you will be able to get a better player in without the experience with the squad.

I'm not certain when comparing their stats but I thought Wusu was a big upgrade from Femi, especially on the defensive end.

Addae-Wusu is a solid player overall. He is a good guy to have in your rotation, but we were playing him like 35MPG; he’s never been that kind of starter and the offensive game was exposed a bit because of it. The offensive game just wasn’t there, even on basic layups. I thought he’d give us more than Femi, but it was basically a wash. There are others like him in the portal.

He can guard multiple positions, is physical, and is experienced. I was hoping for continuity there too. Those are good things to have. But alas, this is life in college basketball now.

He gave us much more than Femi and really came on late this season. This is disappointing, especially after Sha’s comments, but not surprising. Seeing talk of a lot of the same guys at the same position I’m sure it’s getting contentious.

If this doesn't seal the deal it's all about
1. The money
2. The money
3. The money
4. The money
5. The money
Honorable mention.. player development and winning...

Reactions: ivyhillparkk1963
The annual transferring going on in major college sports,particularly basketball,is a real turn off to fans.If it continues to go on it will make fundraising from alums for NIH donations and season ticket sales even more difficult.Can you imagine running a successful company on this basis?

The annual transferring going on in major college sports,particularly basketball,is a real turn off to fans.If it continues to go on it will make fundraising from alums for NIH donations and season ticket sales even more difficult.Can you imagine running a successful company on this basis?
I'm banking on the majority of players coming to this realization it's only hurting their development and future pro prospects. Maybe that's to idealistic.

Honestly, I think it’s more about what is coming in shortly.
I’m actually inclined to agree here. That has to be the reason for the abruptness of the move.

I think the Sha talk about expecting Wusu back was coach’s talk. I think he wanted an upgrade.

In the current environment, I am going to default to expecting every player to enter the portal after every season. Some will come back and some will not. And those who don't even test the waters portal wise will be pleasant surprises.

Interesting -- Pitino doesn't want him --just do not see a big market
Pitino would not have been allowed to keep him last year even if he wanted him. But it wasn't a question of "wanting". If you followed the "tea leaves" on this one, he wasn't allowed back at SJU.

Honestly, I think it’s more about what is coming in shortly.
It might be, but based on Sha's comments, I doubt it. Sha is a big fan of Wusu. As was I when we landed him. As are most of you. The BC kid we just got isn't scaring Wusu anyone. I don't think the Cornell kid or the Depaul kid scare him away either. Why would they? Wusu has performed better than all of those guys in the Big East/high major level and is a 5th year experienced player.

I don’t believe the reason it is either of those players. I believe there are some slow simmering rumors and he is hedging his bets

I don’t believe the reason it is either of those players. I believe there are some slow simmering rumors and he is hedging his bets
Agreed. I do not think it has anything to do with either Prince (especially since that’s already happened and Wusu didn’t announce then) nor Manon.

I think it’s others who are showing interest that we all don’t know about.

Just a hunch since Sha keeps things close to vest, but I think there’s something happening behind the scenes.

Why did dylan tell shaheen hes coming back? If thats the case and he leaves hes a lying snake

P
I’ve

Didn’t realize the roster has been finalized and there are no players out there for the staff to bring in…. I was very down on the staff and sha last year, and he took that team to win an NiT championship and probably should have been in the tournament… I think they will get players.

Why did dylan tell shaheen hes coming back? If thats the case and he leaves hes a lying snake
That’s why the thinking is that there is something in the works for a transfer that plays his position that no one, even Wusu, was aware of until now. Hence his decision.

Can’t blame him if that’s the case. But from the sounds of it his transfering out is not a sure thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT