ADVERTISEMENT

You don't see this every day

Odd because he’s one of the most chill guys on the tour. Watching his post round interview now.

Reactions: LBP43
well he didn’t shoot Scottie’s. So that’s actually and improvement for the LMPD.

I’m a big police supporter. But some officers aren’t emotionally cut out for this line of work.

This should have been de-escalated by the police.

And I actually feel bad for the PO. This will haunt him for a long time. He will be derided, mocked and probably see his career badly damaged.

Reactions: SHUSource
Sounds like an over reaction on both parties part.Much ado about nothing.
Bad look for Louisville. Arrested taken to headquarters charged with a felony (keep in mind that is the Police officer making those charges, not the DA) and released in less than an hour. Judge read this and said go play golf.

Bad look for Louisville. Arrested taken to headquarters charged with a felony (keep in mind that is the Police officer making those charges, not the DA) and released in less than an hour. Judge read this and said go play golf.
Something that should have been de-escalated at the scene. Scheffler, from what I saw, Took responsibility for his actions and praised the police department and his support for them. Thought it was interesting that he took his Time to cell to do stretching exercises.

well he didn’t shoot Scottie’s. So that’s actually and improvement for the LMPD.

I’m a big police supporter. But some officers aren’t emotionally cut out for this line of work.

This should have been de-escalated by the police.

And I actually feel bad for the PO. This will haunt him for a long time. He will be derided, mocked and probably see his career badly damaged.
Wow...predictions for the future. Can you share the winning lottery numbers for tomorrow?

Gotta wait for all the facts to come in. I've seen stories that the police officer jumped on his car to try and stop him and others that didn't say that. Who knows what really happened. Doesn't sound like Scotty who by all accounts is very respectful and chill. Sounds like both parties made mistakes and the police were not informed about the players being told its Ok to drive around traffic before the tournament started and Scotty was confused by the whole scene and very sad that a man was killed.

Hopefully the officer is OK and they figure this out with some community service and the like. This should not be a felony if the officer jumped on the car but Scotty surely made some wrong decisions but again let's wait for the facts to come in. Gonna take a while to sort out.

Reactions: Halldan1
nice commentary Hallx2

Charges against Scottie Scheffler expected to be dropped after shocking arrest​

By Andrew Crane

Jefferson County prosecutors are expected to drop the charges against No. 1-ranked golfer Scottie Scheffler that stemmed from his arrest Friday morning while trying to enter Valhalla Golf Club, according to No Laying Up.

Scheffler, who will play his final round Sunday at the PGA Championship in Louisville, Ky., and sits eight shots back of the lead, has an arraignment scheduled for Tuesday.

His quest for another major title took a bizarre turn early Friday morning, when Scheffler was arrested and charged with second-degree assault of a police officer, third-degree criminal mischief, reckless driving and disregarding signals from officer directing traffic.

He was released from jail later that morning and still golfed.

Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg told reporters Saturday that there wasn’t any body-cam footage of the incident.

Scheffler shot a 5-under 66 on Friday after his arrest, putting him among the leaders at 9-under through the first two rounds.

However, the 27-year-old — who recently became a father — shot a 2-over 73 on Saturday in the third round and finds himself eight shots back of leaders Collin Morikawa and Xander Schauffele entering Sunday’s final round.

Scheffler, who won his second Masters in three years last month, is scheduled to tee off at 12:15 p.m. on Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT