ADVERTISEMENT

You're too much, ESPN...

SHUSource

All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
Wonderamaland
The 30 for 30 "Requiem for the Big East" juuuuuust happens to be airing on ESPNU right now, on the eve of another Big East Tournament at MSG. They are still so butt-hurt about losing this league that they will pretend it simply doesn't exist. Sorry fellas, that's not how it works.

Poor Sean McDonough had to call those two nailbiters today, then head out to the Greensboro Applebee's afterward for dinner...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I lived in Greensboro for three years. Nice place to live for awhile but as the home to a major college basketball tourney not so much. I attended ACC Tournament and NCAA games at the Greensboro Coliseum. The place is like a gigantic warehouse with no atmosphere and with absolutely no nightlife around it. Applebees is about right. Hope the Syracuse, Pitt, and ND fans are enjoying it.

to be fair this is the time of year they re-air 30 for 30 that have college basketball themes to it

I haven't seen it on since the week it first aired. I'm sure it has, but this is them letting the casual ESPN watcher (and I've barely had it on all season) in on the news that you won't be seeing that old tournament on the Worldwide Leader, as if that means it doesn't exist anymore.

ESPN does have the rights to the ceremony stripping Boeheim and Roy Williams of their wins. I know I'll be watching that!😃

last night was a whole run down on Basketball themes. Those shows are all very well done. I thought the Big East show was very good although at the end, they essentially depict the situation as the Big East folded and that the non football schools pretty much bought the brand for their new league. I guess you can look at it either way.

That show was very highly regarded among college BB fans across the country. I think it helps teams like Gtown and Nova, and the current BE in general. Of course the UConn message boards flips out every time it is on for completely ignoring anything they did, and WVU fans flip out for showing the toothless banjo guy on the porch.

If Greensboro is not the greatest place to play the ACC tourney because of the coliseum and the Greensbpro area ,this may be a big reason that the ACC is considering the Brooklyn Nets court for the ACC tourney ,the lure of of New York City ..

Why the hate for Greensboro? It's on Tobacco Road.

I would rather them host it there and keep tradition than head to NYC, where they have no affiliation.

Originally posted by Hall91:
last night was a whole run down on Basketball themes. Those shows are all very well done. I thought the Big East show was very good although at the end, they essentially depict the situation as the Big East folded and that the non football schools pretty much bought the brand for their new league. I guess you can look at it either way.
The last segment is so completely dishonest. It is akin to John Wilkes Booth producing a documentary about how great Abraham Lincoln was, then closing it with how Honest Abe just happened to inexplicably keel over one night in Ford's Theater with a strange hole in the back of his head. Total bullshit, to the extent where it destroys the entire (in many respects, good) film prior to that point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT