ADVERTISEMENT

“I’m a big fan of Coach Holloway"

Hopefully Eventuallythese kids will wise up and stop chasing the immediate buck at the expense of long term development to the best player they can be..

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Yea but it’s positive press. We will take it. The glass isn’t always half empty.
It was positive and and agree we’ll take it. My takeaway was that the kid spoke about each HC and seemed to place the most importance on the right HC more than anything else. Nothing stood out in his Sha comments compared to the others but you gotta be in it.

I ran into Holloway last night at a restaurant in Short Hills. I let him know that I was a big fan and season ticket holder for many years. He was very engaging and introduced himself to my wife and daughter. After dinner he came over to my table thanked us for being fans of SHU. He came across very genuine and sincere. I already had a high opinion of Sha as a player and coach. My opinion of him is even higher now.

I ran into Holloway last night at a restaurant in Short Hills. I let him know that I was a big fan and season ticket holder for many years. He was very engaging and introduced himself to my wife and daughter. After dinner he came over to my table thanked us for being fans of SHU. He came across very genuine and sincere. I already had a high opinion of Sha as a player and coach. My opinion of him is even higher now.
Anytime I’ve encountered him he’s been genuine and you can feel that. I appreciate it. That’s who he is, whether the subject matter is positive or negative in basketball. He cares. This has been a big learning curve but there’s nobody who will care more for this school.

Anytime I’ve encountered him he’s been genuine and you can feel that. I appreciate it. That’s who he is, whether the subject matter is positive or negative in basketball. He cares. This has been a big learning curve but there’s nobody who will care more for this school.
There are a ton of people here (including you) that have known Sha for many years so hard to hide from your reputation. I think the word "genuine" sums it up best. He cares, he's passionate about what he does and wears his emotions on his sleeve. Sha is not perfect, but he's learning and with the foundation we know that he has, he deserves our support IMO. Not surprised ShuMatt got that kind of interaction.

He will be liked if he brings success and he will be hated and run out of town if he can not move the program in the right direction. That is the life of a college coach. It is true at SHU. We even had people go after coaches who were winners here.

He will be liked if he brings success and he will be hated and run out of town if he can not move the program in the right direction. That is the life of a college coach. It is true at SHU. We even had people go after coaches who were winners here.
Hated? No. Run out of town? Yes.

Sha is one of our own and I don’t think can be hated by any reasonable person. If he doesn’t win then people will call for his job, as it goes for most all walks of life.

Assuming you’re referring to Willard in your last sentence— he was a different animal. His personality couldn’t have been more unlike Sha’s and most of all, he wasn’t one of our own. But with Willard there was a long leash. And there should be an even longer one with Sha.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT