ADVERTISEMENT

Things looking bleak at the moment but…

buckfoston824

Junior
Jan 15, 2012
There is still time for Sha to get this roster together.

Would be foolish at this point to expect us to land any big names with our small NIL che$t and honestly that is fine with me. Give us some transfers from small schools looking to move up and grab playing time.

Give me some dudes who want to play Shaheen Holloway style basketball and don’t have inflated egos or illusions of big pay days and NBA aspirations.

Come to Seton Hall and get a quality education without the distractions that come with playing for a big time school and focus on winning basketball games. At this point I’m happy with that.

Now bring on the negative responses

There is still time for Sha to get this roster together.

Would be foolish at this point to expect us to land any big names with our small NIL che$t and honestly that is fine with me. Give us some transfers from small schools looking to move up and grab playing time.

Give me some dudes who want to play Shaheen Holloway style basketball and don’t have inflated egos or illusions of big pay days and NBA aspirations.

Come to Seton Hall and get a quality education without the distractions that come with playing for a big time school and focus on winning basketball games. At this point I’m happy with that.

Now bring on the negative responses
I believe our NIL resource is middle of the road at this point. Much better than last year. We can do some things with what we have now.

Unless Richmond or Coleman go into the portal, I'm confident that Sha will be able to replace everyone that left thus far, besides Dre maybe, without much problem. Some of the guys that left weren't good enough to play in the Big East anyway and that includes Brown, Ozdogan, and Sanders

The only players that hurt leaving us are dre kadary and isaiah. Everyone else is replaceable
Totally agree, but anybody that played last year are culture building players. They know the way Sha expects he program to be run. The less of them you have the harder it is going to be to rebuild.

To your point though individually they are all replaceable pieces.

Last edited:
From what I read and heard, going into last year the average NIL fund for D1 basketball was about 1 million. We had about half that. Going into next year, the average is projected to be $1.5 million. We are closing in on that amount or not far from that I believe. But I am maybe wrong.

How much we'll actually spend is another matter. I think putting numbers out there can be dangerous because there is a lot of bargaining that goes on. If a used car dealer knows how much I have in my wallet to buy a car, I'm going to end up paying more for it most likely.

We had no bench that could play reliable minutes. Players like Brown, Ozdogan, and Sanders will all transfer down in conference. EHE already has.
Totally agree. EHE is more perplexing from his own standpoint but maybe Sha told him he wasn’t going to start and that made him look elsewhere. Who knows. Brown, Ozdogan, and Sanders open up 3 more scholarships for hopeful contributors.

Why in April would Shaheen tell EHE he is not going to start? Disagree that his move to JMU is not for money. Whatever he gets there, it is probably more than we were offering. And if Oz, Nga, and Brown are not Big East players, why did we bring them all in just a year ago?

Reactions: mbraue
Why in April would Shaheen tell EHE he is not going to start? Disagree that his move to JMU is not for money. Whatever he gets there, it is probably more than we were offering. And if Oz, Nga, and Brown are not Big East players, why did we bring them all in just a year ago?
Brown and ozdogan were really late adds to fill out the roster. They took spots no one else wanted.

Good news..people I’ve talked to in cbb are actually stunned KR isn’t portal yet…and they say that as a good thing like maybe he is just comfortable here and is a different kind of guy…who knows

• Haha
Reactions: HallGuy23
Some info was posted on the Trove as to why he transferred out.

1. A top player leaves for more money.

2. A solid rotational player leaves to shop for more money.

3. A bunch of players who didn’t play much leave.

I think we need to expect ⬆️ every season. If our budget is sufficient now we should be able to retool #2 and #3 maybe even improve them. #1 for a program like SHU must come from development; we’ll be a bit of a feeder program on those types until we get more money, probably (Samuel, Davis, maybe Richmond).

Good news..people I’ve talked to in cbb are actually stunned KR isn’t portal yet…and they say that as a good thing like maybe he is just comfortable here and is a different kind of guy…who knows
Maybe he looks st the future and the mamu and Rhoden consistency model
?

I don't really think things look bleak, this is the state of college basketball now. I'd be kidding myself if I thought most of these guys would exhibit loyalty to anyone but themselves and the $. Sha will fill the roster, and frankly I believe we will walk in to the season with perhaps a better one than we started with last year (at least on paper). Let's see what happens.

Maybe he looks st the future and the mamu and Rhoden consistency model
?
I think he looks the leverage he has to extract as much money as possible from Seton Hall, since he has all the leverage and we have basically none it seems. If we make him an offer that's right around what else is out there, perhaps he sticks around because he can do whatever he wants here. He can use us to inflate prices from other schools, and then decide. All of this assuming he does not turn pro, which I still think is a very real outcome.

You can laugh if you want but they did tell me they were shocked since schools have been after him since about thanksgiving and it took him so long to do this they thought maybe he was coming back

hes a strange kid. who knows. his agent might also have a strategy of waiting to be the big fish after the initial flurry passes and desperate SEC/Big 10 teams start a bidding war

theres an mlb agent who sort of does the same thing and gets teams to overpay. RIchmond definitely doesnt care about winning. and staying an extra year basically cements hes not going to NBA anyway .

great move from the agent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT