ADVERTISEMENT

“Just keep playing hard because next year there’s going to be a lot of good things to come,”

Excited to see our newcomers be so dialed in to the program. I hope this is the start of our new success.
I love that Rhoden’s giving it to them straight, you’re going to need to come in here ready to learn. There’s a lot more that goes into this than you think. He’s not just feeding them fluff that they’re talented and can’t wait for them to arrive. Show up, check your egos, get ready to work, get ready to learn. Jared’s going to be one hell of a leader.

I love that Rhoden’s giving it to them straight, you’re going to need to come in here ready to learn. There’s a lot more that goes into this than you think. He’s not just feeding them fluff that they’re talented and can’t wait for them to arrive. Show up, check your egos, get ready to work, get ready to learn. Jared’s going to be one hell of a leader.
Great Jared!! You will be the man next year!

This.

It’s Rhoden’s time. No more deferring. I think he’s got the right mentality too.

Love how the freshman are already talking. They seem very motivated. Gotta love it especially after we hardly saw our freshman class this year get on the floor.

Reactions: hallstorm
Love how the freshman are already talking. They seem very motivated. Gotta love it especially after we hardly saw our freshman class this year get on the floor.
You have to love their excitement but you also have to balance it out with what Rhoden is saying that college ball is a completely different animal than anything they’ve experienced to date. Don’t expect to just show up and because you’re here we’re back on top.

You have to love their excitement but you also have to balance it out with what Rhoden is saying that college ball is a completely different animal than anything they’ve experienced to date. Don’t expect to just show up and because you’re here we’re back on top.
Isn't that the perfect combination of exactly what you want from our team? The young guys should come in with high expectations and play and work hard and want to make their mark. And the leader of the team should welcome that but also teach them what they don't know yet. I like next year's team already.

Isn't that the perfect combination of exactly what you want from our team? The young guys should come in with high expectations and play and work hard and want to make their mark. And the leader of the team should welcome that but also teach them what they don't know yet. I like next year's team already.
Agreed. Not only that, I always love to hear they’re all in touch with not only current players, but each other too.

That’s exactly what you want but let’s all be clear they haven’t played or worked hard yet. Their definition of work hard may be different than our current roster thinks. Reading between the lines I think Rhoden is saying he didn’t know how much he had to grow. He probably thought he worked really hard and then walked out of the first practice watching how hard Powell works and got a wake up call and answered that call as time went on. We’ve seen some highly rated players be humbled their freshman year. Hopefully these young men come in, work hard, and things click. We all want to see that, but as fans who’ve seen this for decades, let’s be real with expectations for freshmen no matter how great the press clippings sound.

I agree with all the positive feedback to the Jared quotes- more so considering how difficult it is chemistry-wise to add talent no matter how many upperclassmen remain- thinking specifically to when the IW class came in as freshman and how it played out- looking forward to all the newcomers joining the program and god-willing there be a more traditional off season for the team to get to know each other and mesh...

Everyone is assuming Willard will play them. With his track record, it's just a likely he doesn't play them and they end up transferring after their freshman year. Maybe we can start recruiting the Canary Islands again.

Everyone is assuming Willard will play them. With his track record, it's just a likely he doesn't play them and they end up transferring after their freshman year. Maybe we can start recruiting the Canary Islands again.

I'm pretty sure Jordan Walker is the only palyer who transferred after his freshman year since we've turned the corner as a program and it was more a maturity issue than playing time issue. Guys who've transferred like Gordon, Brodie, Nelson, all stayed a second year.

Reactions: Burnsly
Praying for a normal off season
Nothing currently to suggest it won’t happen - right? Maybe I’m missing something
Also would love to get these frosh on campus ASAP.

I'm pretty sure Jordan Walker is the only palyer who transferred after his freshman year since we've turned the corner as a program and it was more a maturity issue than playing time issue. Guys who've transferred like Gordon, Brodie, Nelson, all stayed a second year.
True but the sit out year being eliminated will change this moving forward.

Well at least you’re consistently cheerful.

He was clearly the second best player on the team. He took some heat on this board, but I’m not sure why. Kid averaged close to 15 & 7, always played hard, & gave it his all. I don’t think he’s far off from Mamu.
Needs to shoot 3 better and less of it. He got back to his balanced game in BET and it landed him on all BE team. Was at 30 percent for the year shooting the 3 in conference behind Shavar, Cale and Mamu percentage wise in that order.

He was clearly the second best player on the team. He took some heat on this board, but I’m not sure why. Kid averaged close to 15 & 7, always played hard, & gave it his all. I don’t think he’s far off from Mamu.
there was a lot of times he checked out and didnt hustle.

Reactions: doctorcb12
Needs to shoot 3 better and less of it. He got back to his balanced game in BET and it landed him on all BE team. Was at 30 percent for the year shooting the 3 in conference behind Shavar, Cale and Mamu percentage wise in that order.
Guys who can stretch the opponents D by hitting some 3’s. We might be able to use a couple of those next year.

Reactions: mbraue
Did someone steal your ice cream money when you were a kid? LOL!!!

Reactions: Section112
Did someone steal your ice cream money when you were a kid? LOL!!!
LOL. That was funny but no. I'm just getting tired of losing the recruiting battle for top talent. Get what everyone on the board calls hidden gems then never see them play given the excuse they aren't picking up the defense only to see them transfer out. I'm calling BS. Either there is an issue with coaching getting them ready to contribute or these kids aren't Tallented enough for this level. Either way we're being fed crap. Overall the Willard act is getting old. We never just run an inferior team out of the gym. You can probably count the 20pt + wins on 1 hand in the Willard era. Are our players that lacking of the killer instinct or as we Italians say the fish stinks from the head. Maybe we wouldn't be on the bubble so often if we just dominated a team now and then.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT