ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Seton Hall Team and Top Targets

again, fwiw... two 'experts' picked Seton Hall for Anthony Nelson in the last two days, which makes 2 for Shu and 1 for Dayton (prediction made a month ago). Dayton landed a 4 star combo guard since that Dayton prediction.

Dan, why wasn't Nelson ranked by these other sites?.. I would think that it is rare to go unranked as a 4 star prospect.

I think Nelson, Moore/Rhoden/Boyd, and Manuel would be a sneaky good recruiting class.

Reactions: hallstorm
again, fwiw... two 'experts' picked Seton Hall for Anthony Nelson in the last two days, which makes 2 for Shu and 1 for Dayton (prediction made a month ago). Dayton landed a 4 star combo guard since that Dayton prediction.

Dan, why wasn't Nelson ranked by these other sites?.. I would think that it is rare to go unranked as a 4 star prospect.

I think Nelson, Moore/Rhoden/Boyd, and Manuel would be a sneaky good recruiting class.
I would love to see Boyd in SHU blue.

If you give me those 3, Brodie, TT, Gill and McKnight, with Cale, Powell, Mamu and Walker, I'd be confident to bet we can make the tournament in 18/19, 19/20.

Side note: looking at our official roster who knows anything about Freshmen Shavar Reynolds and Philip Flory.

Nelson is a good player right now but not a special one.

Konchalski only rates him a 4 (that's not 4 stars) which means at this point he sees him as a mid major. However if he improves his jumper, with his size and ballhandling skills he'll probably bump him up a notch or so to a 4+ which is near a high major player.

Point of reference for Hall fans. Carrington was rated a 4+.

Nelson could turn out to be a nice player, but it concerns me that Nelson is looking like the headliner in this class.

I really thought we were going to knock it out of the park with this class.

I like Manuel and Moore better.

It doesn't look like we are going to have a great fall class but with a little luck it could be decent.

Reactions: mbraue
I like Manuel and Moore better.

It doesn't look like we are going to have a great fall class but with a little luck it could be decent.

Because expectations , justifiably so, were so high if the best we can do is " with a little luck could be decent "is past disappointing. Although when I saw the offer to Richie the warning signs were there.

True. But you have to assume that these kids that are raked in and around the top 150 come down to making a choice between a school that can offer playing time within a year or so as opposed to being #9 or #10 on the bench.
Were you absent for spelling class? Braids maids? Raked?
Jeez!

Konchalski only rates him a 4 (that's not 4 stars) which means at this point he sees him as a mid major. However if he improves his jumper, with his size and ballhandling skills he'll probably bump him up a notch or so to a 4+ which is near a high major player.

Carrington was Daily News Brooklyn player of the year? I'll take that comparison.

Carrington was Daily News Brooklyn player of the year? I'll take that comparison.
Carrington was the 4th all time scorer in the CHSAA behind Kenny Anderson, Felipe Lopez, Kyle McAlarney, & Robert Phelps. I’ll take that!

Reactions: mbraue
Assuming Nelson is real serious about SHU. I can't imagine he is in a hurry to commit. Who else are we looking at that he is competing with at PG?

Assuming Nelson is real serious about SHU. I can't imagine he is in a hurry to commit. Who else are we looking at that he is competing with at PG?
Come again... nelson isn't racing against other pg targets.

I believe he has the minnesota visit in about a week and I think he'll commit shortly after that.

Come again... nelson isn't racing against other pg targets.

I believe he has the minnesota visit in about a week and I think he'll commit shortly after that.

Maybe I wasn't clear. That is what I said. Nelson isn't racing against other pg targets. As such, he may not be in a hurry to commit.

Reactions: Belluno

Well Minnesota I think has two local players that are freshman and both are guards. He definitely won't play over them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT