ADVERTISEMENT

All-Big East Teams Announced

SPK145

All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001

Congrats to both players.

Kadary went from being snubbed to 1st team. Well done!

Coleman has a promising future.

Reactions: Section112
No qualms with any of the teams or selection. When you look at the honorable mentions and consider who is not there, I get Dre being left off.

The only 4 unanimous first team selections were Kolek, Scheierman, Carter and Newton. So looks like one or two of them will be POY.

Richmond is tied for second nationally in Division I with eight 20-point, five-rebound, five-assist games this season. He scored his 1,000th-career point at Butler on Jan. 13 and registered his 1,000th point as a Pirate in the win over Villanova on March 6. Richmond is part of a group that features Terry Dehere, Shaheen Holloway, Andre Barrett, Khadeen Carrington and Myles Powell as the only Pirates to collect 1,000 points, 400 rebounds and 300 assists in their Seton Hall careers

Additionally, freshman Isaiah Coleman (Fredericksburg, Va.) has been named to the BIG EAST All-Freshman Team. Coleman is Seton Hall's first All-Freshman Team selection since Isaiah Whitehead and Angel Delgado were both named to the All-Rookie Team in 2015.

Remember I went on record in October amhe would be BE player of the year?
He was snubbed completely pre-season so that prediction almost came true..
Congrats kooks ans isaiah

That all Freshman team is rough. Sign of the COVID times, I guess, but I can’t remember a year with fewer impact freshmen in the league.

Reactions: shu09 and radecicco
Clingan only an honorable mention seems ridiculous to me. He is one of the top three most impactful player in the conference. He is the reason why UConn is a favorite to win it all again.
You’re right but he missed 5 games and his minutes were limited for a while when he came back. Hurt his raw stats unfortunately.

Reactions: dehere23
Congratulations
Congratulations to Kooks and Isaiah!

That all Freshman team is rough. Sign of the COVID times, I guess, but I can’t remember a year with fewer impact freshmen in the league.
There is Castle and then everybody else. But yes your point is a good one of it being a sign of both the COVID times and perhaps NIL keeping kids in school longer.

Reactions: radecicco
Great for Kooks, from left out to First Team. Dre should have been honorable mention. He did win POW for this week. Coleman All Freshman.
Could not agree more Bluebeard --Dre was easily 2nd Team choice. Congrats to Kooks ( tho he should have been unanimous ) and Coleman

There is Castle and then everybody else. But yes your point is a good one of it being a sign of both the COVID times and perhaps NIL keeping kids in school longer.
Agree. Unless a freshman is really super, the older guys thru NIL are going to get the playing time.

Reactions: Bluebeard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT