ADVERTISEMENT

All-Big East Teams Announced

He is on my list of who i don't want to take the last shot if we are winning by one
He's another good one. Making these teams are hard. You have to account for so many things. Lots of reasonable minds can disagree. Olivari the leading scorer only gets honorable mention. Epps the 4th leading scorer on a bad Gtown team, average .1 less assist per game than Kadary, omitted. Cam Jones (came on more later, which probably hurt him, plus they already got Kolek and Igodaraho). Soriano led the conference in rebounding, was third in FG% and blocked shots per game and average 14 points per game.

When you account for that, you understand why Dre was left off, because lots of good players were left off. We just care about Dre's omission because he's one of our own. If we had one of those kids above, folks would be making the case for them.

Spencer is a big beneficiary of being on a team loaded with talent. Opens up quite a bit for him.

That all Freshman team is rough. Sign of the COVID times, I guess, but I can’t remember a year with fewer impact freshmen in the league.
I agree. Clear lack of talent there reflects transfers and players staying in college for five or six years.

Is there that wide a gulf between Richmond and Davis, and between Spencer and Karaban? Hard to figure that neither of the two most dominant guys in the league (Kalkbrenner or Clingan) are on the first team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT