ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Nelson

Well when you're the favorite no. Not sure what changed. Guess Minn is making a last minute push with Kimani Young.

If he was completely sold on SH there would be no reason to delay his choice . Dan, I guess you’re going to have to move your thumb to the neutral position.

Last edited:
As Maxwell Smart said" The old one more night to sleep on it trick"

Just crazy what happens with our possible recruits.

Reactions: HALL85
Not good at all. And 8:30 pm announcement? Geared toward Minnesota central time?

If the reason he’s delaying his choice is to give Minn. a last shot to convince him to go there , maybe we can get another last shot as well if he chooses Minn.

the lovely world of recruiting. Based on history this does not look good. However, anything is possible. Guess we will know for sure in 24 hours. Hopefully.

I guess I’m a sore loser I hate to lose any prospect to another school . Let’s hope that in the final analysis he’ll see that we’re the better choice for him.

i feel like willards recruiting can be summed up as "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" LOL

lets hope by some grace of god we land a human that can play basketball for the year of 2018

If we lose Nelson my wife will point out that it is an old Irish superstition that bad things happens in threes.
First the Yanks lose in the ALCS
Then the Giants lose to the Seahawks in a woeful game
And of course the question of Nelson waits to be answered.

Last edited:
i feel like willards recruiting can be summed up as "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" LOL

lets hope by some grace of god we land a human that can play basketball for the year of 2018

Remember in 2017 there we're 825 players that transferred and we landed two of them. Maybe 2018 will repeat itself and we'll fill out the 2018 class with more transfers a pool we've used before with Thompson, McKnight, Anderson, Ajou , Symth, Thomas . Gordon and Jones . Some worked out others didn't.

Last edited:
Remember in 2017 there we're 825 players that transferred and we landed two of them. Maybe 2018 will repeat itself and we'll fill out the 2018 class with more transfers a pool we've used before with Thompson, McKnight, Anderson, Ajou , Symth, Thomas . Gordon and Jones . Some worked out others didn't.

Among other things, problem with transfer root is they have to sit out a year (obviously not grad transfers). We have an immediate needs for next season for a starting SF and probably significant minutes behind Walker at PG, so not sure transfer be best option to fill these two positions. But at this point may make sense, instead of reaching for players if we do not get our targets.

I agree that the obvious and best solution is to bring in a HS player and have him for four years but if you're not getting what you need from that pool of talent then you look to other pools, whether it be a transfer, a JUCO or an international player. I'll take an experienced transfer any day over reaching for a HS player who does not have BE talent. Besides there are more then enough graduate seniors out there who can play immediately and fill a need as both Gordon and Jones proved when they both played a key role in getting us to the tourney.

Let me just add the transfer pool of talent has elevated itself in importance to the point where even the most elite programs who never struggle with their recruiting tap into that market like Kansas which added three transfers in 2017. We also see schools that are consistent Tourney teams add transfer like a Iowa State, Michigan, Wisconsin, ND, Ohio St., Louisville , Oregon and more.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbraue
I agree that the obvious and best solution is to bring in a HS player and have him for four years but if you're not getting what you need from that pool of talent then you look to other pools, whether it be a transfer, a JUCO or an international player. I'll take an experienced transfer any day over reaching for a HS player who does not have BE talent. Besides there are more then enough graduate seniors out there who can play immediately and fill a need as both Gordon and Jones proved when they both played a key role in getting us to the tourney.

Let me just add the transfer pool of talent has elevated itself in importance to the point where even the most elite programs who never struggle with their recruiting tap into that market like Kansas which added three transfers in 2017. We also see schools that are consistent Tourney teams add transfer like a Iowa State, Michigan, Wisconsin, ND, Ohio St., Louisville , Oregon and more.
Iowa St made a living off of transfers when Hoiberg was there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT