ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Nelson

HOLY CRAP! WE BEAT KIMANI YOUNG!!!!

Go Willard!

I give him crap all the time, and he is still not the guy I would want in a recruiting war, but good job Kevin if this is true.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
I'll wait til the announcement this evening.

Apparently it's not Minnesota we have to beat out, it's Dayton...

Reactions: SUPER LARK
To quote Yogi " It ain't over till it's over" so I'll wait to hear him say his choice is Seton Hall before I start celebrating.

Reactions: garyshu71
Yes. Predictions are often flipped. Not sure what the time frame is on the day of decision.

Not trying to poopoo on this but why all the hype for Nelson? Has anyone seen him play? His rankings are average but maybe i’m missing something.

Reactions: boontonpirate
Solid player. Not a great get for the school he commits to but a very good one.

He's a Konchalski 4 meaning probably a 150-200 player in his opinion.

Reactions: lwyrup
Not trying to poopoo on this but why all the hype for Nelson? Has anyone seen him play? His rankings are average but maybe i’m missing something.

If he commits elsewhere you can complain we failed to get him

If he commits to us, you can wonder what the fuss is about.

Take some Kaopectate and wait a few hours. Then poopoo to your hearts content.

I like the kid and he would be a nice addition at PG to go with Walker. He is good defensively and has good size (6-3 to 6-4) and strength. It would create some competition at the PG and don't be surprised if he is better in the long-term. He can also play off the ball too. Would be a good get for us but a player with lots of potential and fills a real need for when we play big PGs that need to be defended. This would fill one goal to have a second PG on the team going forward.

He would be a good recruit for us but the priority recruit we really need IMO is a solid SF with some size and another PF. The SF is the top priority. I'd be happy if we got Nelson but the priority at SF still exists.

Last edited:
Reactions: halltheway
Solid player. Not a great get for the school he commits to but a very good one.

He's a Konchalski 4 meaning probably a 150-200 player in his opinion.

Had offers from some good programs like Cinn., WVU, URI , USF , plus RU and DePaul in addition to his final 3,Us, Minn and Dayton.

The team will need another PG next year to backup Walker for the next three years. Nelson is a solid option. However, I do not believe those that think he will or can beat out Walker as a starter for the point guard position. Walker like every single dynamic point guard needs to learn not every pass has to be part of the highlight reel. But Walker is a special talent and by the end of his time here at Seton Hall, he will be thought of as part of the upper echelon of point guards to play here at the Hall.

Reactions: wpc75
If he commits elsewhere you can complain we failed to get him

If he commits to us, you can wonder what the fuss is about.

Take some Kaopectate and wait a few hours. Then poopoo to your hearts content.

Fairly generic response and what I would expect from posters here nowadays. Guess I can’t ask an honest question. Unfortunate that you assume that I would criticize us for not getting this or any recruit. Guess you’ve never read a previous post of mine.

I agree, we need a win. He seems like a decent kid, and I would be happy with him. Now we can hold our other scholarships and wait for the chips to fall with other programs as the year continues.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Fairly generic response and what I would expect from posters here nowadays. Guess I can’t ask an honest question. Unfortunate that you assume that I would criticize us for not getting this or any recruit. Guess you’ve never read a previous post of mine.

Nelson has been discussed here quite a bit, but you are right - the Kaopectate line was a bit much. Let's try this.

You went to the men's room and both stalls were occupied so you pooped in the urinal. Ideally, it would be better to wait until one of the stalls opened up and then you could take care of business any way you wanted to.

Never celebrate too early....
So much happening there in that soccer clip. The goalie, who flopped right away, charging up the pitch like he blocked the shot ... then the player sliding down on two knees as if it was his skill that caused the shot to go in. And the ref, carefully watching the entire time while no one else is paying attention. He reminded me of Brian Doyle-Murray standing over the cup in the final scene of Caddyshack.

Reactions: ShuVol
I guess yesterday’s picks were completely wrong or a lot changed in 24 hours. It doesn’t matter. Any recruiting win is good. What time is he announcing?

Nelson has been discussed here many times. Idk why people are still asking why others are excited about him. No ones answers will change from last time this question came up.

I personally like him due to his height and size for a PG/CG. 6'4 190. Something we need and now have in McKnight, Cale and hopefully Nelson.

He's a crafty, tough, gritty NYC player. A lefty to boot.

Has good ability to slash and is pretty athletic.

Good court vision and improving his handle. Had like 5apg in EYBL.

Plus Minni (who already has IW2), Dayton (NCAA team), Cinci & WVU (perennial top 25 teams with monster athletes and defensive teams) all wanted this kid.

Last edited:
From the video (I know it's his high lights)....but seems to like to drive and knows how to finish in traffic, can dish it off, stop and shoot and don't mind mixing it up underneath.
Not sure if he can shoot the three, but at this time, we don't necessarily need a three point shooter but do welcome his other talents.

Nelson has been discussed here many times. Idk why people are still asking why others are excited about him. No ones answers will change from last time this question came up.

I personally like him due to his height and size for a PG/CG. 6'4 190. Something we need and now have in McKnight, Cale and hopefully Nelson.

He's a crafty, tough, gritty NYC player. A lefty to boot.

Has good ability to slash and is pretty athletic.

Good court vision and improving his handle. Had like 5apg in EYBL.

Plus Minni (who already has IW2), Dayton (NCAA team), Cinci & WVU (perennial top 25 teams with monster athletes and defensive teams) all wanted this kid.

Sorry i don’t spend every minute on this board reading every post. Literally have not seen this kids name on this board before this thread. Sue me. I’m still going to ask the question.

Now we need Valdir Manuel next. Talking about a highly underrated 4 star recruit.
Doubtful he commits early. Needs to clean up a few things.

Very talented big man (Konchalski 4+) with few offers.

From the video (I know it's his high lights)....but seems to like to drive and knows how to finish in traffic, can dish it off, stop and shoot and don't mind mixing it up underneath.
Not sure if he can shoot the three, but at this time, we don't necessarily need a three point shooter but do welcome his other talents.

We ALWAYS need players who can shoot the three. Don't get me wrong, I like Nelson. But he will need to put a lot of work into his perimeter shooting. And I suspect he'll benefit from weight training, too.

Reactions: shupat08
looking

thumbs-up.jpg

Reactions: shu2x79 and batts
Well when you're the favorite no. Not sure what changed. Guess Minn is making a last minute push with Kimani Young.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT