ADVERTISEMENT

Any students on this site

Pirates1991

Senior
Jan 17, 2018
Curious is to any current Seton Hall students on this form.

If so, why the lack of interest in the basketball program. The year started out strong with lots of presence but it has completely fallen off.

There appears to be maybe 100 students there tonight.

100…maybe. And that’s including the band.

If I were a student I’d be embarrassed. I used to see more students at NYU Womens Volleyball games.

Reactions: buckfoston824
Amazing. What goes on on campus? No awareness or care?

This Wednesday thing is a trend too.

It is my opinion that if students and university don’t start to support the program, we don’t fix NIL (years behind) and incoming new Pres which could impact PL and BF then I would not be shocked if Sha takes on a new opportunity in 2 years. Next year he be back but after that anything is possible

It is my opinion that if students and university don’t start to support the program, we don’t fix NIL (years behind) and incoming new Pres which could impact PL and BF then I would not be shocked if Sha takes on a new opportunity in 2 years. Next year he be back but after that anything is possible
students have massive indifference to everything about shu. im curious to what the final results of that survey are.

20 degrees
Wednesday
Valentine’s Day
Average match up
Students that wanted to attend a game already have

Add it up and youre left with the diehards

Front runners.

Beat St John’s Sunday and they’ll be back in droves vs Butler acting as if they’ve been there all along.

Like the ones who get their ashes and show up to church once a year on Christmas Day.

20 degrees
Wednesday
Valentine’s Day
Average match up
Students that wanted to attend a game already have

Add it up and youre left with the diehards
This was a big part of it. Same reasons why I didn't go (other than the last point... add the fact that I was exhausted today, not worth the drive to see an average match-up versus mediocre Xavier).

Back to the students, what’s frustrating is that Seton Hall has been a competitive basketball program for as long as this current generation of students can remember. I would think going to Big East basketball games is part of the “experience” they’re signing up for when choosing the school.

Valentine’s Day? It’s cold? Bad metrics?? All lame excuses when you’re 18-22 years old and could be hanging out with your friends cheering for a winning team.

Back to the students, what’s frustrating is that Seton Hall has been a competitive basketball program for as long as this current generation of students can remember. I would think going to Big East basketball games is part of the “experience” they’re signing up for when choosing the school.

Valentine’s Day? It’s cold? Bad metrics?? All lame excuses when you’re 18-22 years old and could be hanging out with your friends cheering for a winning team.
Expecting sell outs for the last 3 home games.

There’s a few reasons:

No Professor will let students out of class for a game, regardless of if they have season tickets or not. I’m gonna guess the snow had something to do it with it too, None of my classes had more than 16 kids in them today (usually have around 22-25 each). I’m guessing nobody wanted to wait on those brick cold busses either. That, combined with an almost nonexistent on-campus promotion leads to nobody showing up. I was still at the game, but it’s understandable that others weren’t.

Obviously they can’t be embarrassed into attending so the school has to try a different tactic. What if instead of buses, we send them in helicopters?

Reactions: TommyAlly
1. How many students actually have Wednesday evening classes? There are over 6,000 undergraduates. Im sure this affects students, but what about all of those that don't have Wednesday evening classes - what's their excuse?

2. Why are professors requiring attendance as a part of a students grade? This is college, not grammar school. If a student can ace a class without showing up half the time, more power to him. If they fail as a result, that's their problem. Not a professors job to enforce where an adult is and isn't.

The Creighton triple overtime heartbreak loss seemed to be the turning point on home attendance. Students may have felt they aged 10 years at that game. Grade point averages likely dropped due to the exhaustion of a lost weekend. 😉🤣

1. How many students actually have Wednesday evening classes?
Most students have Wednesday night classes because that’s when many teachers choose to do their once a week classes.
2. Why are professors requiring attendance as a part of a students grade?
3 absences for a class in your major is an automatic fail for *most* Professors at SHU.

Many people are comparing to the student section at the Creighton game-that was a Saturday. Not justifying it the new output, though.

Most students have Wednesday night classes because that’s when many teachers choose to do their once a week classes.

3 absences for a class in your major is an automatic fail for *most* Professors at SHU.

Many people are comparing to the student section at the Creighton game-that was a Saturday. Not justifying it the new output, though.
When I was a student you could a 3 credit course 6 times in a semester. I should know; I did that many times (many more than I should have). Of course that was 50+ years ago.

There’s a few reasons:

No Professor will let students out of class for a game, regardless of if they have season tickets or not. I’m gonna guess the snow had something to do it with it too, None of my classes had more than 16 kids in them today (usually have around 22-25 each). I’m guessing nobody wanted to wait on those brick cold busses either. That, combined with an almost nonexistent on-campus promotion leads to nobody showing up. I was still at the game, but it’s understandable that others weren’t.
It is not understandable to me.

Sorry not one excuse above makes any sense to me, must just be a seton hall thing that our excuses start the day you get in campus.

“Come to Seton Hall will prepare you with all the excuses you need”

Reactions: SOBO1 and Seton75
School should mandate it that professors work around games. Big time athletics brings students to the university. Enrollment brings money and employs professors. Get creative, find a way to make it work. It’s not that often.

How many home Wednesday games do we have? Too lazy to look.

Reactions: Section112
I just can't see that many students having Wednesday night classes. I hated having night classes personally though. Other excuses I've heard are the busses, guess they aren't part of the fun anymore. I just really can't wrap my head around how indifferent these students seem. We aren't DePaul....

Reactions: donnie_baseball
I think the team sets the tone. I think that the apathetic vibe set by the team since the Creighton game has had an impact on the fans. How can we blame our students when some of our own players even opted to sit out a few games over the last stretch and didn't appear to give any effort against Nova.

I am hoping the big win last night sets a new tone for the final stretch run and the students get re-energized.

Looks like the @setonhall Twitter account deleted the tweet calling out the students for not showing up. Which is too bad, because I was glad to see it, really.
Disagree. I'm not sure a tweet ripping on the students is going to motivate them to show up to the next one. If anything, I could see the opposite effect happening.

Reactions: shupat08
I think the team sets the tone. I think that the apathetic vibe set by the team since the Creighton game has had an impact on the fans. How can we blame our students when some of our own players even opted to sit out a few games over the last stretch and didn't appear to give any effort against Nova.

I am hoping the big win last night sets a new tone for the final stretch run and the students get re-energized.
Certainly a point.

Anyone else go to the PC game and get totally deflated after making the effort to hear that Kadary was sitting for general soreness? As a fan, I can admit I wasn’t into that game from the tip.

Well the Butler game is Greek night and a Saturday. I’m sure they will be there in droves.

There is certainly a pattern of students not showing on Wed nights. Last three disappointing attended games were Wed nights I believe. Maybe there is something to what the posters are saying? SHU has to do a better job. I blame Kevin Marino and Dr Nyre. Right now their ridiculous spat has us with no long term leader at the helm to address this issue and I’m sure many other issues. Yup I said it.

There is certainly a pattern of students not showing on Wed nights. Last three disappointing attended games were Wed nights I believe. Maybe there is something to what the posters are saying? SHU has to do a better job. I blame Kevin Marino and Dr Nyre. Right now their ridiculous spat has us with no long term leader at the helm to address this issue and I’m sure many other issues. Yup I said it.
I can confirm that many students love to take a 3 credit once a week course or twice a week course , to free up time during the week.

These classes run heavily on Wednesdays between 4 and 8.

My daughter who has gone to games with me since she was 2 doesn't like to miss. She and her two friends have missed 4 games this year. All were on Wednesday nights.

That said, yesterdays Wednesday attendance from the students was the worst by far impacted by Valentines Day.

The Pru has given us a lot of Wed nights this year.

Maybe something marketing and the Pru could look at to push for more Tuesdays then Wednesdays, since the Big East moved to the weeknight games on Tues/Wed, and Weekend games on Fri/Sat/Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT